XBMC for 5.25 Puppy or similar functionality

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
hensan

XBMC for 5.25 Puppy or similar functionality

#1 Post by hensan »

I've searched the forums and it seems no one is interested in XBMC for Puppy. How come? Or is it just not possible or practicle?
I like the Clementine library for music but would like a similar system for videos as well. With Clementine I have a problem with titles containing nordic letters (å ä ö Å Ä Ö) when the titles are ripped on a windows machine but this can be worked around by renaming the files in Puppy (running UTF-8 ) using the same identical letters...
I'm using Puppy 5.25 on an FujitsuSiemens laptop which may be too old and slow for XBMC but I would like to try.
Thanks in advance!

James C

Re: XBMC for 5.25 Puppy or similar functionality

#2 Post by James C »

hensan wrote:I've searched the forums and it seems no one is interested in XBMC for Puppy. How come? Or is it just not possible or practicle?
I like the Clementine library for music but would like a similar system for videos as well. With Clementine I have a problem with titles containing nordic letters (å ä ö Å Ä Ö) when the titles are ripped on a windows machine but this can be worked around by renaming the files in Puppy (running UTF-8 ) using the same identical letters...
I'm using Puppy 5.25 on an FujitsuSiemens laptop which may be too old and slow for XBMC but I would like to try.
Thanks in advance!
See here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 055#488651

hensan

#3 Post by hensan »

thanks James C for the quick reply. I will try it out as soon as I get home tonight.
Could I get away with a smaller pupsave file by installing to HOME or by using a sfs instead of the pet ?
I have the impression that it's rather easy to make a sfs file from a pet, but I've never tried...
Also, would anyone give a qick tip on how to install programs to HOME in order to save pupsave even thoug it's probably described elsewhere in the forum.

stu90

#4 Post by stu90 »

Hello hensan,
See post one on this link for xbmc.sfs download:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=66470