Menu Entry Maker 1.1

Miscellaneous tools
Geoffrey

#41 Post by Geoffrey »

DaveS,

Ah, I see the problem, I will fix that, it's the way It cuts the data from the temp file, it won't copy the space in the field so sees it as two entries.

I'll get on to it ASAP, thanks for the feedback, let me know if you find anything else wrong. :wink:

Geoffrey

Edit: I fixed that problem, should be ok now DaveS, works a lot better, the code now look like this, the way it should

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Downloads2 
Icon=/usr/share/midi-icons/folder48.png
Comment=Downloads2 
Exec=rox /root/downloads/
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=X-FilesystemUtility
GenericName=Downloads2 
Attachments
menumaker-1.1.9.pet
fixed problem as described by DaveS, please test this, let me know if any faults or functions missing compared to the original by Trio
(3 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

Geoffrey

#42 Post by Geoffrey »

DaveS,

I fixed it, see previous post

Geoffrey

DaveS

#43 Post by DaveS »

Working very nicely now thanks. I love the edit and delete functions :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Geoffrey

#44 Post by Geoffrey »

DaveS wrote:Working very nicely now thanks. I love the edit and delete functions :)
Thanks DaveS,

the edit function was already there, I just added the confirmation box to stop accidents and the edit is something that I thought it needed.

Over all it hasn't turned out to bad, I use it quite a bit, though I've never used in the manner that you showed me,

thanks I would never of realized, now I'm happy to see that it's working for you.

oh! yes, the problem of the with the (xxx.desktop) file not being usable if a entry preceding the exec entry is missed, seem to be fixed

so thats a bonus

Geoffrey

DaveS

#45 Post by DaveS »

Yes, its great to be able to add shortcuts to file locations, and even to be able to load a file in its parent application using a menu entry. This is especially useful for Puppies that use maybe Tint2 or Fbpanel where launcher options are more limited.
Much lighter on code than adding a launcher program.
I guess using this would make it reasonably easy to use say Openbox with no taskbar at all. :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Geoffrey

#46 Post by Geoffrey »

Yes DaveS,
Here is one of my creations, using the menu entry and alltray to build a dropdown menu in the system tray, works a treat.

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
GenericName=WebCam Server
Comment=WebCam Server
Type=Application
Exec=alltray webcamserver -stask -na -s -m 'Start Server:webcam_start &' -m 'Stop Server:webcam_stop &' -m 'Open Viewer:/usr/share/webcam/webcam-viewer &' -m 'Close Viewer:/usr/share/webcam/webcam-viewer-stop &' -m 'Take Snapshot:/usr/share/webcam/snapshot &' -m 'Snapshots:rox -d /root/my-documents/webcam_snapshots/' -m 'Help:/usr/share/webcam/manual &'
Icon=camera-web.png
Categories=Network
Name=WebCam Server

Geoffrey

#47 Post by Geoffrey »

Started a new thread here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 381#539381 so it makes it easier for me to update, won't get so messy.

mahaju

#48 Post by mahaju »

<just posting for further notifications>