Legacy OS 4 Development has began

News, happenings
john biles

Legacy OS 4 Development has began

#1 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
I've started updating and improving TEENpup 2010 Mini beta which in time will become Legacy OS 4 Mini. The first build is in and I'm very excited by the results. For starters Firefox 5 and Opera 11 will be the default Web Browsers included. FFmpeg version 0.6.1 as installed in Legacy OS 2 is very up to date with lots of features and a great improvement over the version included in TEENpup 2010 Mini beta. Expect a September release. Expect the iso to be between 370 - 400 Mb's in size.

New Release numbering System announced.

From now on when a new version of Legacy OS is released the first number will let a user know what series of Puppy Linux that release is based on.

Example the next release of Legacy OS 2 will be "Legacy OS 2.1".
Last edited by john biles on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 04:01, edited 2 times in total.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Puppyt

#2 Post by Puppyt »

That's Great News!
Speaking for myself I'm really happy to see you picking up TeenPup2010MiniBeta again, John - I seem to remember you weren't totally happy with the end result then, but I haven't been able to fault it. (Feedback soon - exams over.) I guess Legacy4 series will be a little easier to use for more modern laptops and wireless issues than the niche targeted for Legacy2?
(3) Cheers!
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...

Sage

#3 Post by Sage »

Goodness gracious me, john biles - can't keep a good man down. Ever considered porting for ARM RISC? There's more guidance around now for folks who do that sort of thing, including the original Debian port.

oligin10

#4 Post by oligin10 »

WOO-HOO! Thank you John! I will be eagerly awaiting this. And thanks for upgrading to Opera 11. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know Thanks again, Rob :D :D :D

oligin10

checking status

#5 Post by oligin10 »

Hi John, just checking status. Hoping all is going well! Thanks again for starting on this update. Rob

john biles

#6 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
A good amount of work has been done on what was to become "Legacy OS 4". I have decided to release this release as TEENpup 2011 Mini. Simply I don't want to spend the time rebranding Apps from TEENpup to Legacy OS.

Why? I'm tired, need a break away from developing. I'm getting fat and need to get outside more. The days are getting warmer and I want to get fitter and lose weight for health reasons.

While it will be a TEENpup release it's appearance is almost identical to Legacy OS 2.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

oligin10

#7 Post by oligin10 »

No problem for me, thanks John. Teenpup Mini 2011 sounds just fine! Thanks again, Rob
P.S. Thanks for all your hard work. Take some well deserved time off and enjoy life! :D

oligin10

Possible Kernel Update

#8 Post by oligin10 »

Hi John, not sure if this is easy or not, as pretty naive about these things. Is it easily possible to update kernel to maybe 2.6.32.xx? Just looking at better wireless support for TeenPup. I was thinking maybe this would help more people to be able to use TeenPup. Also, what about booting with less than 256 mb of ram? When booting, use puppy pfix=noram does not work (I saw that it said Puppy may override this). Thanks again, Rob P.S. Looking forward to next release. Still using TeenPup Mini 2010 on my laptop as my only OS on it. Still the best!

singlshot

#9 Post by singlshot »

Hi John you might consider making a small program that asks you if you have gone for a walk and locks you out for 30 ,45 min.
2 testes would like to have dad around .

yours
singlshot