Urxvtset

Miscellaneous tools
L18L

yad

#41 Post by L18L »

DaveS wrote:
bigpup wrote:DaveS,

What version of Yad did you use?
I used Yad- 0.11.0.pet from the first post of this topic.
Maybe causing your problem using different Yad download?
No, I used the same one............
use yad-0.12.1.pet
get it from here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 6&start=32

stu90

#42 Post by stu90 »

Hi guys Yad 0.12.2 .pet is available download on this link:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 533#536533

cheers.

lithpr

#43 Post by lithpr »

HI Stu90,

Just became aware of this from the "My puppy is more gorgeous..." thread. Very cool.

Just wanted to mention that to move a border-less window you can left-click anywhere one the window while holding the Alt key and drag as necessary. This works in other scenarios as well. This trick works in OpenBox and Metacity, at least.

Burunduk

ya-a-a-a-ad GUI

#44 Post by Burunduk »

Hello,

Thank you for the nice program. Finally I can have a beautiful terminal window even if I don't really know what to type in it. Some little problems exist though.

The dialog window is too wide. It seems that fc-list returns a very long value for the style property of some fonts (e.g. Arial). It is a multilingual comma separated list that can be easily truncated:

Code: Select all

fc-list | sort -f -u | tr '\n' '!' | sed 's/style=\|,[^!]*//g'
The first entry in this list is not in English but it can be saved and used correctly anyway.

Urxvtset on some localized Puppies has another problem — decimal comma (urxvt.geometry:40,000000x20,000000). It is probably better to replace the cut command with something like this:

echo $setup  | cut -d "|" -f5 | sed "s/\W.*//"

I have attached the altered script but you may want to search for better solution — my programming skills are limited to what I've learnt about sed in Wikipedia.

Also the pet installs the config files without these lines:

Rxvt.keysym.0xFF50: \033[1~
Rxvt.keysym.0xFF57: \033[4~

As a result end and home keys don't work. (This is already fixed in Wary.)
Attachments
urxvtset.gz
The wide window fix.
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 407 times

sheepy

#45 Post by sheepy »

Despite the application oddly being stretched 3 times the width of my screen, it worked well xD

stu90

#46 Post by stu90 »

Burunduk wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the nice program. Finally I can have a beautiful terminal window even if I don't really know what to type in it. Some little problems exist though.

The dialog window is too wide. It seems that fc-list returns a very long value for the style property of some fonts (e.g. Arial). It is a multilingual comma separated list that can be easily truncated:

fc-list | sort -f -u | tr '\n' '!' | sed 's/style=\|,[^!]*//g'
The first entry in this list is not in English but it can be saved and used correctly anyway.

Urxvtset on some localized Puppies has another problem — decimal comma (urxvt.geometry:40,000000x20,000000). It is probably better to replace the cut command with something like this:

echo $setup  | cut -d "|" -f5 | sed "s/\W.*//"

I have attached the altered script but you may want to search for better solution — my programming skills are limited to what I've learnt about sed in Wikipedia.

Also the pet installs the config files without these lines:

Rxvt.keysym.0xFF50: \033[1~
Rxvt.keysym.0xFF57: \033[4~

As a result end and home keys don't work. (This is already fixed in Wary.)
Hi Burunduk,
Thank you for the update to urxvtset and welcome to the puppy forums, i am sorry for the late response only just noticed your reply to this post :oops:

there has been a few reports of the wide window on the gui, if DaveS and sheepy could possibly try out this update to see if it resolves their issues with their fonts and window stretching then i can add it to the main .pet

cheers.

NETTKNUT

URXVT

#47 Post by NETTKNUT »

Thanks for all the replies. Most seem to do with changing the background and foreground colours but not those of specific type of file using color1 color2 etc. However 'stu90's' urvxtsetup utility looks promising. I'll try it out and see how it goes.