UM Player (Universal Media player)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
sszindian

#1 Post by sszindian »

Any try this yet in Puppy or make a .pet for it?

http://www.umplayer.com/

>>>---Indian------>

pemasu

#2 Post by pemasu »

Stu90 has made pet of it. Check his pet folder in smokey01.com. I have Umplayer in Polarpup ( Compiled in it ), Ice Puppy and Snow Puppy.
My pet in smokey01.com has the player only, no Qt libs included.

stu90

#3 Post by stu90 »

Here is the download link to the last .pet (maybe it has been updated since then?) i made for umplayer for lucid puppy
link removed - old version

Edit.
Looks like it has been updated 0.95 - i will make a new .pet for it tonight

edit2.
here is a .pet for umplayer_0.95 with languages left in.
http://smokey01.com/stu90/lucid.puppy.p ... 0.95-1.pet (10 MB)
thanks to smokey01 for hosting.

cheers.

pemasu

#4 Post by pemasu »

Stu90. This is like living in Wonderland :)

sszindian

UM Player

#5 Post by sszindian »

Wow... stu99, your right on the ball there buddy "thanks" we'll try it out.

PS: (Boy... if I could just get you a little bit interested in the 'Cloud Stuff') :D :D :D

pemasu Trying your 2.6.38.4 kernel in BK's new 4.99.2 Squeeze version, so far it is working nice and seemed to make that Debian into a little 'speed deamon.'

>>>---Indian------>

sszindian

#6 Post by sszindian »

(1)Installed MU Player in 4.99.2-Squeeze running 2.6.38.4 kernel.

(2)Installed OK in Multimedia Menu section - OK

(3)Click - Opens fine and UM Window appears like any other mplayer. -OK

(4)Select file from CD to open and play - OK

(5)CD starts running (no doubt it's reading the file - tried both mp4 and flv files) however... the screen stays black and does NOT display the video or sound. Yes, I set the CD (sr1) as the drive to obtain the mp4 and flv files.

Soooooo... whats missing from either 4.99.2 or from UM-Player to make this program display the video? Any suggestions?

NOTE: BK did NOT put a default mplayer in 4.99.2

>>>---Indian------>

stu90

Re: UM Player (Universal Media player)

#7 Post by stu90 »

sszindian wrote:(1)Installed MU Player in 4.99.2-Squeeze running 2.6.38.4 kernel.

(2)Installed OK in Multimedia Menu section - OK

(3)Click - Opens fine and UM Window appears like any other mplayer. -OK

(4)Select file from CD to open and play - OK

(5)CD starts running (no doubt it's reading the file - tried both mp4 and flv files) however... the screen stays black and does NOT display the video or sound. Yes, I set the CD (sr1) as the drive to obtain the mp4 and flv files.

Soooooo... whats missing from either 4.99.2 or from UM-Player to make this program display the video? Any suggestions?

NOTE: BK did NOT put a default mplayer in 4.99.2

>>>---Indian------>
Hello sszindian,
I don't think there is anything missing from the UMpalayer .pet, well not for Lucid puppy anyway.

From what i recall squeeze puppy does not have mplayer / gnome-mplayer or ffmpeg and i think maybe gecko mediaplayer and flash as well (i can't remember?) - i had the older version of umplayer working in my own lite version of squeeze puppy although the media side was kind of a frankenstein mess with bits used from other puppies.

sszindian

#8 Post by sszindian »

Thanks for the come-back stu90!

Yea, I figured, I know that 4.99.2 Squeeze is missing those items you mentioned plus probably more?

Anyway, ttuuxxx told me he was going to get into the 4.99.2 hopefully this weekend (he's a pretty busy guy) so we'll have to wait and see what he comes up with. The Squeeze seems to be a nice program, I ran Incidious-002 for quiet awhile and liked it too but I think this Squeeze has some distance to it...

The MU Player looked like it might be a good stable program for Puppy, we've had our share of problems with most of the others!

>>>---Indian------>

PS: I hope you know I'm just pullin' your leg on the Cloud stuff!!! :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

Installed Umplayer .95 .pet in Pizzasgood's Wary 511 Mediaplayer edition and Lucid 245. Smoothest DVD playback ever in both Puppies. :D

playdayz

#10 Post by playdayz »

It looks great. It is on the way to the PPM. Thanks stu90.

Their home page seems slightly confusing. They say that all the codecs are "built in" but it looks to me like Umplayer is using mplayer, as Smplayer does. Well, it looks great, but I guess I ought to test it ;-)

I wonder if it could be built static, so that all the codecs *are* built in and it could be used with non-mplayer Puppies??? Just a thought. I believe that could be checked by ./configure --help and see if static is there anywhere among the options.

I found one file in the suite I use to test media players that would not display the video. This is not a dealbreaker because there is also one that VLC does not play correctly. But the gnome-mplayer in Lucid 5.2.5 plays both of those

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#11 Post by Flash »

I forgot to mention that UMplayer .95 gave an error message something like, the version of Mplayer reported by Puppy is wrong, but I ignored the message and UMplayer worked fine anyway. :lol:

Also, the default language was Catalan! :?

pemasu

#12 Post by pemasu »

sh-4.1# translate good en ca
bo
sh-4.1#

stu90

#13 Post by stu90 »

Hi Playdayz,
I tested your media file - it plays here with mplayer and gnome-mplayer but not umplayer (i just get audio and no picture) which is a front end for mplayer so should work?

Yes im not sure if the umplayer codec are referring to only the windows version.?

Hi Flash,
I get a message on first run - if i recall it asks what version of mplayer is installed, i just select i think it is 1.03 or new option.

Default language is Catalan :shock:
maybe i have some config files from the the previous umplayer .pet setting it to en for me - i will boot into a pfix ram later today and have a look.

cheers.

Brown Mouse

#14 Post by Brown Mouse »

Anyone tried this recently?I can get it to find Youtube material ok but can no longer get it to play video or audio.

stu90

#15 Post by stu90 »

Brown Mouse wrote:Anyone tried this recently?I can get it to find Youtube material ok but can no longer get it to play video or audio.
Yes same here - probably due to youtube changing the format of their site or url or some such and breaking this feature.

Brown Mouse

#16 Post by Brown Mouse »

stu90 wrote:
Brown Mouse wrote:Anyone tried this recently?I can get it to find Youtube material ok but can no longer get it to play video or audio.
Yes same here - probably due to youtube changing the format of their site or url or some such and breaking this feature.
Thanks for the confirmation Stu.

vovchik

#17 Post by vovchik »

Just to add another voice to Stu's observation. UMPlayer does not want to play something that appears in the search box.... We will get an update:)

With kind regards,
vovchik

pemasu

#18 Post by pemasu »

Latest svn 0.9.7 has updated API parser and Youtube search again works.

stu90

#19 Post by stu90 »

pemasu wrote:Latest svn 0.9.7 has updated API parser and Youtube search again works.
Thanks for heads up Pemasu - did you already package .sfs for dpup ?

pemasu

#20 Post by pemasu »

Stu90. I compiled it in Polarpup, which means no Qt4 libs attached in Umplayer. Plain player. I dont have other Qt4 compile environment. Polarpup has Qt 4.8.0 and it has not been always downward compatible.