Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Dec 2014, 01:18
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Polarpup-005 with Qt4-4.8.0 and Gstreamer libs inbuild
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 5 of 34 [499 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 32, 33, 34 Next
Author Message
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2185
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 06:23    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Jim3630. In my experiments Billtoos compiled VLC (in Lucid 525) and my stripping of included Qt libs is not fully succesful. Watching movies works ok for me but subtitles loading didnt work. Important for me.

Conclusion. VLC package in first page is not fully functional. Luckily my compiled Smplayer and Umplayer works fine. Support for Tano will be lost with those but you cant get everything.
Well, anyone can try that vlc sfs and give error reports but I am now sure that it does not work fully.

About compiling VLC in Polarpup. I wish luck and determination if somebody wants to do it.
I will use Smplayer and Umplayer atm.


Subtitles like this?
subtitles.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   211.07 KB
 Viewed   1049 Time(s)

subtitles.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 06:47    Post subject:  

Billtoo. If your subtitle is loaded from separate subtitle file, then yes. I didnt mean subtitles embedded in to movie file or subtitles in DVD movie.
I havent managed to get subtitles working from .sub or .srt files when I use for example xvid avi packaged movie file with separated subtitle file.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2185
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 07:05    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Billtoo. If your subtitle is loaded from separate subtitle file, then yes. I didnt mean subtitles embedded in to movie file or subtitles in DVD movie.
I havent managed to get subtitles working from .sub or .srt files when I use for example xvid avi packaged movie file with separated subtitle file.


These two files aren't in the vlc sfs, maybe that's why vlc_NLS-1.1.10-i686.pet and vlc_DEV-1.1.10-i686.pet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 15:57    Post subject:  

I found one working solution for qtconfig QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme problem, Now the theme is included in the Qt4 applications menu bars also.

Jim3630 rised the issue in Snow Puppy thread but it applies to the Polarpup also.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=775685

That thread had needed information.
I still dont know what stuff were essential, but.
Adding the first line in below script cut to the /root/.xinitrc near the end:

Code:
export GTK2_RC_FILES="$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0"
#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
which $CURRENTWM && exec $CURRENTWM
[ -x $CURRENTWM ] && exec $CURRENTWM
exec jwm


Then I installed most gconf packages, libgconf, libgnomeui and libgnomeui-common.

I restarted the X and in console #qtconfig. No more error about unable to detect theme. And voila the themes were recognized and displayed in Qt applications.

Then I removed all the packages, I had installed with PPM and at least after restarting X, the detection is still working, theme change is applied.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jim3630


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 792
Location: Northern Nevada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 16:14    Post subject:  

Billtoo wrote:
pemasu wrote:
Billtoo. If your subtitle is loaded from separate subtitle file, then yes. I didnt mean subtitles embedded in to movie file or subtitles in DVD movie.
I havent managed to get subtitles working from .sub or .srt files when I use for example xvid avi packaged movie file with separated subtitle file.


These two files aren't in the vlc sfs, maybe that's why vlc_NLS-1.1.10-i686.pet and vlc_DEV-1.1.10-i686.pet.


Billtoo, thanks for your work on vlc. I like tano and if it can't work then that's that. However, I'm using the vlc polarpet not the sfs.

Tano opened and worked once with the packages below installed then stopped. Getting the error messages from vlc I assumed it was vlc... maybe not. I'll start with fresh save file then install Tano and VLC pet only.

pupsaveconfig-1.9.9
broadcom_sta-5.100.82.38-k2.6.38-lupe25
vlc-1.1.10-i686-polarpup
tano-0.7.3-i386
lmms-0.4.10
lmms_DEV-0.4.10
lshw-02.14-1
Azenis-paws
Azenis|Azenis
SM-21rc1
aria2-1.9.0
quickpet_fix-0.0.1
iftop-0.17
lsof-4.77
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 16:45    Post subject:  

Watching movie now. I noticed that Smplayer has audio output selected as pulse. Change it to the alsa and you get sound working.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jim3630


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 792
Location: Northern Nevada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 16:50    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
I found one working solution for qtconfig QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme problem, Now the theme is included in the Qt4 applications menu bars also.

Jim3630 rised the issue in Snow Puppy thread but it applies to the Polarpup also.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=775685

That thread had needed information.
I still dont know what stuff were essential, but.
Adding the first line in below script cut to the /root/.xinitrc near the end:

Code:
export GTK2_RC_FILES="$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0"
#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
which $CURRENTWM && exec $CURRENTWM
[ -x $CURRENTWM ] && exec $CURRENTWM
exec jwm


Then I installed most gconf packages, libgconf, libgnomeui and libgnomeui-common.

I restarted the X and in console #qtconfig. No more error about unable to detect theme. And voila the themes were recognized and displayed in Qt applications.

Then I removed all the packages, I had installed with PPM and at least after restarting X, the detection is still working, theme change is applied.


Pemasu, applied above but still get
# qtconfig
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

will start with fresh savefile and do again.
qtconfig.png
 Description   
 Filesize   29.33 KB
 Viewed   976 Time(s)

qtconfig.png

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 17:46    Post subject:  

Jim3630. There are 4 gconf* packages also. I installed at least gconf2 and gconf2-common pakcages also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
jim3630


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 792
Location: Northern Nevada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 18:41    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Jim3630. There are 4 gconf* packages also. I installed at least gconf2 and gconf2-common pakcages also.



pemasu, started with fresh savefile and broadcom, pupsaveconfig, puptv pets installed and the below packages with all dependences and it didn'
t work. then tried only the 6 packages below and still no go.

gconf2_2.28.1
debconf_1.5.28ubuntu4
gconf2-common_2.28.1
libgnbomeui-common_2.24.3-1
libgnomeui-0_2.24.3-1
gconf-defaults-service_2.28.1


if you like to list what you installed will try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2185
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 19:53    Post subject:  

jim3630 wrote:


Billtoo, thanks for your work on vlc. I like tano and if it can't work then that's that. However, I'm using the vlc polarpet not the sfs.

Tano opened and worked once with the packages below installed then stopped. Getting the error messages from vlc I assumed it was vlc... maybe not. I'll start with fresh save file then install Tano and VLC pet only.



Hi Jim,

I can't get tano to work either, but I found something called
channels.com in the vlc playlist under the view menu.
It's got a lot of videos and movie trailers,podcasts,etc, a whole
bunch of different categories.
showtime.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   154.87 KB
 Viewed   944 Time(s)

showtime.jpg

channels.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   154.2 KB
 Viewed   919 Time(s)

channels.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2185
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 21:21    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Jim3630. In my experiments Billtoos compiled VLC (in Lucid 525) and my stripping of included Qt libs is not fully succesful. Watching movies works ok for me but subtitles loading didnt work. Important for me.

Conclusion. VLC package in first page is not fully functional. Luckily my compiled Smplayer and Umplayer works fine. Support for Tano will be lost with those but you cant get everything.
Well, anyone can try that vlc sfs and give error reports but I am now sure that it does not work fully.

About compiling VLC in Polarpup. I wish luck and determination if somebody wants to do it.
I will use Smplayer and Umplayer atm.


I compiled a new vlc-1.1.10-i686.pet and I enabled some more stuff, snapshot,and some codecs.I don't know if it supports the subtitles that you want and I have no way of testing because I don't have that type of avi file.

Compiling vlc in Polarpup is a nogo, the devx is about 30mb smaller than lucid 525, in my experience anyhow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
James C


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 5971
Location: Kentucky

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jun 2011, 23:53    Post subject:  

Finally got around to trying Polar Pup 001 on some semi-modern hardware.Live pfix=ram. Everything good on boot.


Sat 18 Jun 2011 Operating System: Polarpup-001 Linux 2.6.38
d.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a] (rev a2)
oem: NVIDIA product: MCP61 - mcp61-86 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg Driver: unknown
X.Org version: 1.7.6
dimensions: 1366x768 pixels (413x232 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.7.1

AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor
Core 0: 2611 1: 2611 2: 2611 3: 2611 MHz

...the above also recorded at '/tmp/root/report-video-glx'.

# glxgears
2219 frames in 5.0 seconds
1916 frames in 5.0 seconds
2226 frames in 5.0 seconds
2227 frames in 5.0 seconds
2226 frames in 5.0 seconds
2225 frames in 5.0 seconds
2208 frames in 5.0 seconds

-Computer-
Processor : 4x AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor
Memory : 3884MB (207MB used)
Operating System : Unknown distribution
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Sat 18 Jun 2011 11:06:07 PM CDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1366x768 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Software Rasterizer
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
James C


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 5971
Location: Kentucky

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun 2011, 02:32    Post subject:  

FWIW, no problem running from multi-session cd with Polarpup.First little problem I discovered is that the QTWebBrowser really likes to crash..... Laughing Luckily Arora seems really stable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun 2011, 02:45    Post subject:  

Billtoo. Thank you of your concern of VLC. It is really appreciated. I still think that the problems come from my Qt libs removing and using those Polarpup inbuild Qt libs.

Have you uploaded your newest VLC somewhere ? I would like to give it a go.

About subtitles. That feature is inbuild to all Qt media players. VLC, Smplayer and Umplayer. I think you dont have to enable it.

The problem was that the tested VLC gave errors about subtitle handling. Sorry, I dont have it now installed, but VLC tried to load subtitles, but then I got in console those error messages about not handling font type etc....

I think this shows how demanding VLC is and how complicated due its many features is gettting it working in some other environment than it was compiled.

I had same problems when trying Warys VLC package. It didnt work fully, and same problems with subtitles handling.

About devx sfs. I have removed all the docs, it frees about 20 Mb of dead weight from devx sfs. I have done that all the time.
But good to know. I would like to add those dev libs to the devx sfs what should be there.
I have already added about 10-12 dev libs from the start of Snow Puppy and in Polarpup devx sfs is the compiling environment for Qt application compiling.
What I should add as default, I am all the time willing to hear.

James C. I share your opinion about Qtwebbrowser. I wont include it in the future. It has major problems, it is proprietary licensed and you cant compile it yourself, it installs to the unorthodox place, I havent found spell checking for it and so on.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5465
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun 2011, 02:53    Post subject:  

Jim3630. About your installs. I dont know yet what libs were the right combination. I only know that qt gtk-style enabling is possible.
I need to play with fresh install first and I will post the right combination when I know it.

To play meanwhile for sure. Install all libgnomeui*, libgconf*, gconf* packages and it should work with that .xinitrc addition. Remember to restart X.
Somehow it works eventhough I removed all those packages afterwards, but I havent rebooted yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 34 [499 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 32, 33, 34 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1045s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0087s) ][ GZIP on ]