Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 17:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Clementine *IS* Amarok
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
playdayz

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jun 2011, 19:14    Post_subject:  Clementine *IS* Amarok
Sub_title: Popular Music Player Now Plays WMA, MP3, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC and wavepack

Please redownload Songbird (JUN 06) if you want to play unprotected wma.

Clementine is based on the code from Amarok 1.4 (prior to kde4). As you can see.... http://www.clementine-player.org/

I can see why people like it so much. I especially like the Artist Info.

Global shortcuts can cause interference with the keyboard in Openbox. Please redownload if you have that problem.

The locales are included--it could be a bit smaller without them.... The pet is 37MB. It is only tested in Lucid 5.2.5.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet-packages-lucid/Clementine-0.7.1-lucid525.pet

Whew.

Edited_times_total
DM was on fire!

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun 2011, 01:12    Post_subject:  

Does it have Last.fm/Pandora support like Amarok?
Because if so, and it runs on the latest Puppy (I saw your screenshots), I am sold.

ETA - Never mind. I suppose it would help if I looked at the website lol.
Thank you for putting this into a .pet. :3
playdayz

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun 2011, 13:25    Post_subject:  

There is just one more problem.

See the name of the song in the far right column. It is wrong--and the song will not play. In the bottom pic you see the actual song name. Other players don't have this problem. Any ideas?
yim

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun 2011, 23:15    Post_subject:  

playdayz

I noticed you said that it conflicts with keyboard in openbox and to redownload, I have that problem after installing on 5.2.5 2.6.30.5 retro, just curious does a reinstall over the first install fix that , don't quite understand I have the latest pet I believe

thanks yim
yim

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun 2011, 23:35    Post_subject:  

I went through the global shortcut list and set each one to none and hit ok don't know which one did it but now I have control over my keyboad with clementine running, will close down and do a relaunch and see if settings will stay,

hats off to you playdayz, I'm a big fan of clementine works great on pclinuxos and now puppy yeehaw

thanks for making a pet

yim
Jim1911

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 09:10    Post_subject:  

Looks promising however, I get this error trying it from a console:
Code:
# clementine
clementine: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QPaintEngineEx19drawPixmapFragmentsEPKN8QPainter14PixmapFragmentEiRK7QPixmap6QFlagsINS0_18PixmapFragmentHintEE
#
playdayz

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:37    Post_subject:  

Quote:
I noticed you said that it conflicts with keyboard in openbox and to redownload, I have that problem after installing on 5.2.5 2.6.30.5 retro, just curious does a reinstall over the first install fix that , don't quite understand I have the latest pet I believe

I went through the global shortcut list and set each one to none and hit ok don't know which one did it but now I have control over my keyboard with clementine running, will close down and do a relaunch and see if settings will stay,

Yes, that is the fix. I am afraid I got confused and reuploaded the wrong one. But you have fixed it.
Quote:
Looks promising however, I get this error trying it from a console:
Code:
# clementine
clementine: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QPaintEngineEx19drawPixmapFragmentsEPKN8QPainter14PixmapFragmentEiRK7QPixmap6QFlagsINS0_18PixmapFragmentHintEE
#

jim1911, Does it start from the menu? I don't get that error. I will test again on a pristine copy of Lucid 5.2.5. Can you reinstall the pet? Some of these pets also use Qt and if you uninstalled one it might delete something that Clementine needs--so just reinstall Clementine.

Yes, Jim, it does start from the menu and the console with a pristine copy of Lucid 5.2.5. It also starts with Xorg_high installed (since the error file is libQtOpenGL). It is also possible you have another package installed that uses Qt and there is a conflict. .
muggins

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:00    Post_subject:  

As most QT4's install to /opt, Jim possibly has some libQt* files in /usr/lib that are conflicting. I had a similar error with some app, & it was OK after deleting the conflicting libs.
playdayz

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:13    Post_subject:  

Quote:
As most QT4's install to /opt, Jim possibly has some libQt* files in /usr/lib that are conflicting. I had a similar error with some app, & it was OK after deleting the conflicting libs.

Unfortunately, this will happen as we make more packages for lucid 5.2.5. My policy has been to make everything included in one package, since I think that is easiest for people to use, but it does mean possible conflicts. There are at least 3 versions of Qt in play now, 4.6. 4.7.2, and 4.7.3, probably more, so there would be possible conflicts regardless--and some packages do not need full Qt (which is huge anyway). I would not have time to remake packages with separate Qt, even if that would solve problems, so we will have to just work around it.
Jim1911

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 13:08    Post_subject:  

playdayz wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, this will happen as we make more packages for lucid 5.2.5. My policy has been to make everything included in one package, since I think that is easiest for people to use, but it does mean possible conflicts. There are at least 3 versions of Qt in play now, 4.6. 4.7.2, and 4.7.3, probably more, so there would be possible conflicts regardless--and some packages do not need full Qt (which is huge anyway). I would not have time to remake packages with separate Qt, even if that would solve problems, so we will have to just work around it.
Very likely, that MuseScore may be conflicting. However, I believe that I prefer Deadbeef to Amarok now, so prefer to keep MuseScore.

Cheers,
Jim
playdayz

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jun 2011, 17:05    Post_subject:  

Jim1911, It's good to have choices, eh? One of my original goals in Lucid was to have a lot of good linux software tested and configured. We sure have a lot of music players anyway Wink

If you have any wma audio files, I just posted in the deadbeef thread how to play them. Which version are you using? I make make a full version with everything, unless someone else already has.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=531855#531855

Ah, I found Deadbeef version 0.5.1 -> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=68640
stifiling

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 16:25    Post_subject: last.fm  

is last.fm working for anyone?
playdayz

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun 2011, 19:26    Post_subject:  

Quote:
is last.fm working for anyone?

I saw that

Quote:
Only paid subscribers can stream last.fm radio from Clementine

That is not very helpful. I can stream radio with a browser. I am losing patience with Clementine.

In fact, witness the controversy with Banshee and Ubuntu--our Free and Open Source colleagues are fighting over the money!!! How tacky.
DM was on fire!

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:43    Post_subject:  

I think I got the old file. I can only use my keyboard if my caps lock is on with Clementine on. Thought it was a 5.2.5 problem until I determined that the issue started when Clementine was on.
If I download this one will it work again?
playdayz

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun 2011, 18:19    Post_subject:  

Quote:
I think I got the old file. I can only use my keyboard if my caps lock is on with Clementine on. Thought it was a 5.2.5 problem until I determined that the issue started when Clementine was on.
If I download this one will it work again?

Easier fix -> Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Global Shortcuts, and highlight each shortcut and choose the None option. Then your keyboard should be all right. That's all the fixed version does.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum