wbar 1.33-lucid
puppy browser 1.1-lucid
flash player -0.9.48 for swf games
adacious 2.5.1-lucid.525

everything works great -

majorfoo

pemasu

#582 Post by pemasu »

Disabling touchpad. Now I have read about it. Luckily Snow Puppy comes with syndaemon.

http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic ... le-writing/

When you read it to the end, you find right syntax at the end.

I made pet for it. It autolaunches syndaemon with touchpad disabling feature when writing. Please test and reboot. Remember to restart X after installing the pet.
Attachments
disabletouchpad-001.pet
(627 Bytes) Downloaded 287 times

CoronelN

#583 Post by CoronelN »

Sir you are a KING!

I changed the delay to 0.3 seconds in the startup folder as personally i find 1 second too much it works a charm!

I am getting to the point were i will format that pesky win7 starter partition.... :D

I think that synaptics drivers are retro-cumulative... so maybe soon we will have multi/touch/gesture puppy drivers

pemasu

#584 Post by pemasu »

CoronelN. Thanks to you. I dont have time to use other distros and this kind nice features comes through observant users with wish lists after using other distros.

CoronelN

#585 Post by CoronelN »

Pemasu my little requests do not compare to the effort made by many of you to deliver good things like puppy :D

But since you seem to dont mind I have found some little annoyances that dont know were to post them.

1) when using wbar on the bottom the drives icons tend to be covered by it and some of them cannot be clicked on

2) if you move drive icons somewhere else then disconnect / reconnect they reappear on the bottom left (being obscured by that little nice beautiful (bloody) wbar :D

3) IceWM (dont know if happens in others) when you customize the start menu and then install a pet that fiddles with the menu (i tried pshutdown as i broke it hacking it) the menu goes back to the original (very annoying if you did not have a backup in place....

On other topics:
I managed to remove the: "Remove CD on reboot" dialog (need to find a way to add a cancel button and a 10 seconds timer but i dont know how to do that) And addedHybernate and Suspend buttons to the power off option in PSHUTDOWN (also since 018 comes with Pcontrol panel and Papps i removed all buttons that where redundant between the 3 of them and replaced the lock screen button with a Control Panel button and the backup one I replaced with Settings for PSD.

I think it makes more sense that way and is more windows lovers friendly... (something that scares windows users is the 100000 ways of doing the same thing in linux.... :P)
Attachments
PSDhackedpoweroffDialog.png
Screenshot of PSD Poweroff dialog as per my mod
(55.47 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
PSDhack.png
Screenshot of main PSD dialog as per my mod
(33.46 KiB) Downloaded 597 times

pemasu

#586 Post by pemasu »

Quick post before going to the bed.
/etc/xdg/templates/_root_.icewm_menu is the right template to do the editing. It wont be overwritten. After editing, run fixmenus in console and restart wm.

Nice hacking you have done to get shutdown menu to your liking. You should post your hacked scripts, I am sure someone would like to try them.

And I still dont know what broke puppyinstaller. I am clueless still after investigating and replacing many apps used by puppyinstaller. Mystery.

CoronelN

#587 Post by CoronelN »

Thanks mate will give a try at that menu location :D

I tried to post the hacked script in the psd post but the forum rejected it...
I never done a pet but i might learn :P or i will host it in my server and post the link (my milleage may vary on caffeine levels)

Hope you find soon the culptrit of what is breaking 019 I wanna try it :D

BTW if i can help you testing/breaking something let me know, i am a noob in *nix with Xindows but I have lots of free time....

pemasu

#588 Post by pemasu »

Right now it looks like 2 latest woof platforms seems to brake puppy installer. It can be even something in the init script inside initrd.gz which brakes it. I havent found any of my packages so far braking it.
I will revert now 2 woof download backwards and try tomorrow next test build.

CoronelN

#589 Post by CoronelN »

Pemasu;

Do you have a changelog of what is different from 018 and 019 ? (just curious)

Also what is the goal/objetive of Snow Puppy ?

Also quick question;

how do <fn> are called for mapping and where can i map keys system wide and not dependant of the WM ?

same applies for the <windows> key

I have a great interest since almost everyhting works aut of the box i would like to try and create a .sfs addon for Acer Aspire One users that can install on top of your Snow for a full feature experience....

pemasu

#590 Post by pemasu »

There wasnt big changes. Some application updates and Snow Puppy-019 was supposed to be bug fix release with updated syslinux and disktype binaries to support ext4 frugal installs to the usb boot medias.
But somehow I got broken puppyinstaller. Changing back those updated applications have not remedied the puppyinstaller.
So there isnt anything wrong with Snow Puppy-018 if you dont want to install to the ext4 usb boot medias.

Goal of Snow Puppy is simple. It is my main OS in my Acer 5820TG laptop, with Ice Puppies. I have uploaded it and compiled some drivers more and updated the applications and used latest woof downloads.
You can remap some keyfunctions with keybindings to the executable commands with xbindkeys-config found on the Menu. It is gui frontend for xbindkeys and creates .xbindkeysrc under /root for xbindkeys.

pemasu

#591 Post by pemasu »

Haa, I think I figured out what is wrong with puppyinstaller and my updated packages. I got it working. Now I need to verify that the problem is fixed by making new woof build using latest woof.

CoronelN

#592 Post by CoronelN »

Great! I am glad you found it hope it is totally solved, so you can lower your caffeine levels :D

q: xbindkeys

is that what you used for your keybindings? I would not want to end up conflicting with any other method you have implemented in the core.

I know that iceWM has a few keybinds of its own for example...

yet another question:

if i use the template for the menus in the folder you pointed will that only apply to IceWM or will it be independant of the windows manager ?

PS: I tried to remaster the current running snow i had to experiment with remastering cds etc and now it wont boot :(

pemasu

#593 Post by pemasu »

I use xbindkeys. You can see the existing keybindings when you open xbindkeys-config. You cant make another keybinding if there exists previous one before you delete the previous one. I believe so.
In that /etc/xdg/templates is template for jwm and icewm. Editing just one of them affects only to that wm.

CoronelN

#594 Post by CoronelN »

I have not succeeded in recovering my frugal install... it wont boot whatever i do...

Kernel errors and filesystem panic...

I am sad, fluppy did the same but in that case was the installation of wbar...

Sad sad Sad as hell i am installing UNR once again to see if works faster with 2gB

pemasu

#595 Post by pemasu »

Snow Puppy-020 has been uploaded. JWM updated from 493 to 500-1. Pmusic updated to 1.8.3. Defaults Program chooser and commandline gongetit added. Puppyinstaller problem fixed.
Some minor edits also.

Download link: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/SnowPuppy-020/

mikeslr

Simple-Scan for Snow Puppy & Lupu/Lucid

#596 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Just thought you should know:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 824#532824

mikesLr

pemasu

#597 Post by pemasu »

mikesLr. Thank you of the info. I have added your Xsane frontend simplescan to the ftp site under Pets. I renamed it to the simplescan-0.0.1.pet so that it is woof compliant.

jim3630

#598 Post by jim3630 »

snow puppy 20 frugal hdd on ext2 install. added sea monkey21rcl with adobeflash, firefox 5.0b2 with adobeflash, google earth 6.03.217, celestia 160, all work as expected including the universal installer which recognized ext4 partitions.

Briefly tested adobeflash playing in FF and SM with streaming web TV. Worked correctly for those few minutes.

# glxgears
3375 frames in 5.0 seconds
3549 frames in 5.0 seconds
3186 frames in 5.0 seconds
3211 frames in 5.0 seconds
3186 frames in 5.0 seconds
3169 frames in 5.0 seconds
3231 frames in 5.0 seconds
3193 frames in 5.0 seconds
3220 frames in 5.0 seconds
3152 frames in 5.0 seconds
In Ice Puppy my gears numbers are about double.

Fri 10 Jun 2011 Operating System: Snow Puppy-020 Linux 2.6.35.7
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
oem: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS product: Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Controller Hardware Version 0.0

X Server: Xorg Driver: unknown
X.Org version: 1.7.6
dimensions: 1024x768 pixels (270x203 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) IGDNG_M GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.7.1

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100
Core 0: 1999 1: 1999 MHz

...the above also recorded at '/tmp/root/report-video-glx

pemasu, double monitors function correctly with both displays showing full screen unlike Ice puppy. It is not much if any problem for me. curious why occurs in one and not the other. Did you find anything in Ice Puppy to account?

pemasu

#599 Post by pemasu »

Jim3630. No, You had intel graphics so you were using intel driver. It should work ok in both distros.
I believe it has something to do with kernel module drivers.

I noticed that I had forget to remove Picture Viewer .desktop from my woof. You can remove it with /usr/share/applications/Pictureviewer..something.desktop file and then run fixmenus and restart wm.

I will reupload Snow Puppy-020 soon if there isnt any other small problems.

Jim1911

#600 Post by Jim1911 »

Just upgraded 019 save file with 020, worked flawlessly. This has become my most used pup. Everything just works.

Thanks,
Jim