Cadubi ascii console colored text painting program

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
sickgut

Cadubi ascii console colored text painting program

#1 Post by sickgut »

http://www.thepussycatforest.info/linux ... l-deps.sfs

cadubi is a ascii colored text paint program that doesnt need to use framebuffer or X system it can run at the console, or on a server on the internet etc.

The interface is a little dicky but its the kinda thing you get used to

this program is on my site and running on my server, in conjunction with anyterm, it lets you use it on my site, goto www.thepussycatforest.info new bottom of the page you will see the cadubi option. use ctrl + h to see the help menu

I personally use this program but paint using solid blocks, this can be achieved by setting the foreground and background of the char your painting with as the same color, gives a nice blocky high contrast effect.

this package has been tested and includes all deps for puppy 5.25 dunno about other puppies, i havent tested it on them.

ok have retrofunspacisitymolecularbreakdowns as you draw ascii art and cope with the infloo d of pleasent computer memories.

sickgut

#2 Post by sickgut »

Hi Sickgut, your cadubi on your site doesnt work propperly the delete or backspace key seems to trigger the help menu.

sickgut

#3 Post by sickgut »

Hi Sickgut,

Yes I just checked it out, your right there. The backspace key does trigger the help menu instead of removing a character. This is a issue with Anyterm there many config options for changing what different keys do etc, ill have a look and see if i can fix it

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

:D