Faulty default font in Geany

Please post any bugs you have found
ausvirgo

Faulty default font in Geany

#1 Post by ausvirgo »

Just a minor fault, but annoying.

The default 13 point Monospace font does not display the 'B' correctly on my monitor. 16 point has the same problem. Haven't tried different screen resolution - just thought of it and would have to restart X server and lose my nearly finished post. Will try shortly and let you know. Video info for my PC below.

Changing to 12 point fixed the problem.
-----
BTW: Too many puppy programs don't support cut-and-paste - I had to dig into /tmp/root/report-video-glx to copy the following info to this post.

Sun 8 May 2011 Operating System: Lucid Puppy-525 Linux 2.6.33.2
0.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]
oem: ATI RV370

X Server: Xorg Driver: radeon
X.Org version: 1.7.6
dimensions: 1680x1050 pixels (444x277 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Core 0: 2813 1: 2813 MHz

...the above also recorded at '/tmp/root/report-video-glx'.

Shep

#2 Post by Shep »

I remember being annoyed by that, too. I wondered whether it might be intended for artistic effect. If so, then I didn't appreciate it.

But I loaded new fonts, so now don't see the imperfection. :)

Shep

Re: Faulty default font in Geany

#3 Post by Shep »

ausvirgo wrote:BTW: Too many puppy programs don't support cut-and-paste -
Mostly you can highlight some text, move to another application, and click the mousewheel (or "centre button") to achieve paste.

8-bit

#4 Post by 8-bit »

The method of copying Shep stated also works for copying text to and from the terminal.

Shep

#5 Post by Shep »

8-bit wrote:The method of copying Shep stated also works for copying text to and from the terminal.
To and from the terminal is often a bit unpredictable. I sometimes have to click twice, after finding the first click produces no results. Upon the second click the desired text appears, but now in duplicate, so I need to delete half of it. :roll:

disciple

#6 Post by disciple »

Shep wrote:
8-bit wrote:The method of copying Shep stated also works for copying text to and from the terminal.
To and from the terminal is often a bit unpredictable. I sometimes have to click twice, after finding the first click produces no results. Upon the second click the desired text appears, but now in duplicate, so I need to delete half of it. :roll:
That is really odd...

BTW, how many is "too many"? I thought rxvt was the only one.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Shep

#7 Post by Shep »

disciple wrote: I thought rxvt was the only one.
Me too.

abushcrafter

#8 Post by abushcrafter »

Shep wrote:
Yes it is a bit odd. I thought it was just me.
[url=http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/]adobe flash is rubbish![/url]
My Quote:"Humans are stupid, though some are clever but stupid." http://www.dependent.de/media/audio/mp3/System_Syn_Heres_to_You.zip http://www.systemsyn.com/