Xion Audio Player

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
pacer106

Xion Audio Player

#1 Post by pacer106 »

i know of a really neat music player i would like to have on linux. ive heard some portable software will work without too much of a fuss so i tried a portable version of this and got an error when it tried to play so i was hopin someone here might be able to turn it into a .pet or somethin.

the cool thing about this player is it can be skinned using a photoshop or paintshop program. i have made a few simple skins myself as i am not a coder the paintshop, photoshop skinning is very nice.

here are some of the features

Ultra easy to skin using a powerful skinning system (No coding required!)
Complete animation support
Skins load directly from .PSD files, not script or extra files required!
Powerful playlist support
Seamless playback
Crossfading support
10 band equalizer with presets
Blazingly fast, low cpu and low memory consumption
MP3/OGG (Shoutcast, etc) internet radio streaming
Customizable global hotkeys
Auto play and position saver
Single click play/pause
Volume and balance controls
Full system tray functionality
MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger Integration
Component Plugin system

i know puppy has several music players but this one can be personalized a lot easier i think & the user can even make their own visualizations if they wanted :)

id try to figure out how to get it workin in puppy myself but i have no idea where to begin so if someone can turn it into a pet and maybe give some step by step instructions that would be very cool as i can probly try myself & learn somethin out of it :)

thanks to all puppy fans :)

vovchik

not a linux program

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear pacer106,

As for as I can discern, Xion is not a Linux program (but M$), so you could try installing/running it in Wine (Windows emulator under *nix), but no guarantees there. There are scads of real linux players out there, some of which are skinnable (audacious, for instance, can use winamp 2.xx format skins, and mplayer supports skins in its own format. They also support many formats and have equalizers and enhancement plugins. That would be the normal way to go in Linux.

With kind regards,
vovchik