Musescore Music Score Editor puppy4.0+

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
eztuxer

#21 Post by eztuxer »

ttuuxxx wrote: lect :File>Set icon and drag and drop the icon that suites the bin file.***
I've just discovered this yesterday.
looking good :)
ttuuxxx
Thanks.
My Puppy's name is Arobas = "@", He is 5 y/o now, was 3 months old on the pic.
p.s looks like your running out of memory, maybe make a swap partition?
That's because my 512 MB stick was getting full, cause I'm using the "Maxi" version of pupitup with lots of softs to test and trail.

I switched to a 1 GB partition for puppy, and and another 7GB on the same stick, for data, and sutff.

On the 7 GB I keep my score files, and sound founts so that it will not make a too large pupsave2 file and slow start up.

I'd love to add automount for that /dev/sdb2

There will be a "barebone" version too with minimal soft (only music) for super fast boot ;)

Software wise, I added Firefox, Skype, Audacity, Amuc, Denemo, Timidity.
Working on Xmule, Rosegarden, Jack, etc...

Please let me know what audio/music soft you think is lacking.

Any help welcome since my knowlege of Linux is still embryonic.

eztuxer

#22 Post by eztuxer »

Shaping up wit 4.1.2

A few more tweaks, before uploading the iso...

mcewanw

too old

#23 Post by mcewanw »

I've been waiting for some time hoping this would be updated since MuseScore is one of these apps which really needs to be kept up to date on Puppy. I'm needing functions (such as ABC files inport, and also play the created tune) which only became available in version 0.9.5. Maybe I should try and compile it, but I'm hesitant to do so, because I'm not familiar with some of the bits and pieces that seem to be involved - Jack and so on... so I'm afraid I might make a mess of it! :-)
github mcewanw

sikpuppy

Re: too old

#24 Post by sikpuppy »

mcewanw wrote:I've been waiting for some time hoping this would be updated since MuseScore is one of these apps which really needs to be kept up to date on Puppy. I'm needing functions (such as ABC files inport, and also play the created tune) which only became available in version 0.9.5. :-)
I did and I have.

The good news...I got it working on the second attempt.

The bad news...it needed updated QT libraries (better than version 4.5.0 - Puppy 4.31 comes with QT Version 4.3.2 I believe).

I have the files uploaded, but the QT libraries alone are 39Mb so I made them into a SFS.

*EDIT* Made a thread.

Main program: 2.4Mb
Jack: 5.1Mb
Others: <1Mb

And the latest QT (well it was a few weeks ago): 39Mb

If this looks ok I will start a thread. If not, I have jack et al ready. I might look at QtJackCtrl maybe...
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

mcewanw

Re: too old

#25 Post by mcewanw »

sikpuppy wrote:
mcewanw wrote:I've been waiting for some time hoping this would be updated since MuseScore is one of these apps which really needs to be kept up to date on Puppy.
I did and I have.

The good news...I got it working on the second attempt.
. . .
*EDIT* Made a thread.
You are doing a great job sikpuppy. And, timely, I need this program to add to a Puppy distribution I am giving to a musician friend. Yes, I know there are various music Pup distributions, but it was mainly just this app that I wanted available for adding to any Puppy. I'll check out the new thread.
github mcewanw

ttuuxxx

#26 Post by ttuuxxx »

sikpuppy did you have a look at the configure script? some times you can edit them and reduce the version number before compiling.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

sikpuppy

#27 Post by sikpuppy »

ttuuxxx wrote:sikpuppy did you have a look at the configure script? some times you can edit them and reduce the version number before compiling.
ttuuxxx
Yeah, but I already had the new QT, and in any case I tried to run it without using the new QT and a lot of QT libraries are missing in Puppy 4.3.1. I then copied over any missing libraries from my compile of QT 4.6.0, but then it just gave errors about missing symbols, parts etc.

The QT I compiled could possibly be trimmed, but initially I just wanted it to work. I did stop it from compiling any demos or examples since that adds about an hour onto the compile time! The other thing is that KDE needs the new QT as well, and once I have a QT 4.6.0 SFS, a KDE runtime SFS then I can compile a few nice apps that are fairly small. It's just the initial setting up of the environment that can get bulky.
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

ttuuxxx

#28 Post by ttuuxxx »

That's good anyways, puppy does need a newer QT version, a few applications I tried to compile in the past wouldn't work either and I had to use the QT I compiled last year on 4 series.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

TheMartian

MuseScore .pet file

#29 Post by TheMartian »

I want to install MuseScore under Puppy 5.2.5 but all links to an appropriate .pet file for this program appear to be as dead as the dodo. Can anybody help here?

Mark L

ndujoe1

Musescore

#30 Post by ndujoe1 »

Open up the puppy package manager

click the Install button then open up the puppy package manager,

then click the configure button in that window in the lower left hand corner.

check mark the ubuntu-lucid main

click OK

close it out ppm and restart in the search window type musescore.
Attachments
ppm1.jpg
(190.46 KiB) Downloaded 707 times