XnView MP 0.39 and XnConvert MP 1.1 combo sfs

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
pemasu

XnView MP 0.39 and XnConvert MP 1.1 combo sfs

#1 Post by pemasu »

Updated 5.9.2011. XnView MP 0.39 and XnConvert MP 1.1 combo sfs. Locales included.
34 Mb as sfs. Yes, I know, it is big. But it is getting closer to be good graphics app. Xnconvert has grown in size all the time. Should be good now.

Download link for sfs: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/xnvi ... ocales.sfs

Download link for pet: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Pets/xnv ... ocales.pet

To resize application font or change the font, you need /root/.config/Trolltech.conf file. By editing it, you can change the font and size of the font. It comes with Qt4, so you have it if you have Qt4 libs installed. Then you dont need this attached pet. You can use qtconfig binary which launches gui for changing application defaults. The /root/.config/Trolltech.conf is attached below....
Virtually all of standard XnView's much loved features have been preserved for the 'Multi-Platform' (MP) version.

For XnView MP, notable features have been re-tweaked, enhanced and visually re-styled. All core features and functionalities of the standard XnView are all still present in XnView MP whilst some are steadily being re-introduced.

XnView MP has a more 'concise' approach in it's design, when comparing it to the standard XnView. This conciseness can be visually seen in a lot of XnView MP's user menu's. For example, in the standard XnView 1.9x versions the information items (Info) for "command line", "registration", "what's new" and "licence agreement" were all available under separate items and would open in separate windows or instances. However in XnView MP, this has been re-styled to make all those same items still available, but now under a single ABOUT window with a tabs for each item. Several other concise-thought display methods now exist throughout XnView MP much like the aforementioned example.

XnView MP is free to use for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions are available.

New features in XnView MP compared to standard XnView:

Continued support for over 500* image, graphic and video formats
Continued support for WebP, APNG and other non-standard image formats.
Support for UNICODE - for a great amount of the world's, written language characters (in filenames, folders etc).
New and updated Language Translations. #see here & #see here
Tab dragging by 'sliding' to arrange (thanks to QT) which is similar to Google's Chrome web browser.
The "Recent files" menu now has better handling and small visual enhancements.
The application's "Options" has been renamed to "Settings"
Ability to create custom layout's in the Browser
Web Capture: A new ability to take an internal image screen capture of a website.
Ability to disable starting the application with Browser opened, so in it's place an <Empty> tab is displayed.
Hotkey editing support: Ability to custom-specify own keys for various commands (in Settings>Interface>Shortcuts)
Fully re-styled Toolbar editor in the "Settings".
Support for Dual Monitors in XnView MP. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=22851
Spotlight: New* feature. Useful for screenshot editing, class/family photo's and education uses. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21442
Newly added Keyboard and Mouse configurations in the "Settings".
JPEG reading can now use acceleration from SIMD instructions (2x faster)
The OpenEXR (plugin) is no longer a plugin, it's features are now natively incorporated into XnView MP viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23222
Support for viewing and uploading of Picasa, Flickr and other online albums. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22939&p=94282
Better management of 'Categories'
The inclusion of 'libjpeg-turbo' library in XnView MP
Support for GeoTagging and GPS data in the EXIF viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20607&p=86404
Better support for High Quality image Zooming viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15079&p=62230
Better support for multipage TIFF files within 'Batch Convert' tool viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21312&p=88747
Support for Canon CR2 RAW format
Support for Database (DB) migration (for migrating DB from standard XnView)

GUI (look and feel) changes:

Newly designed XnView Logo/app icon - (thanks to thibaud) viewtopic.php?f=60&t=18896
The introduction and use of QT for the entire GUI of XnView MP (formerly old XnView used the 'Motif' widget toolkit).
Toolbar icons (created by mezich) with the retention and revamping of already familiar XnView toolbar icons. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18263
Newly designed application File type Icons

Fullscreen & Slideshows changes:

New* A Fullscreen control bar (semi-transparent) for file navigation and slideshow control.
Thumbnail 'Filmstrip' ability of file list in Fullscreen (move the cursor to top of screen).

Re-tweaked \ Re-styled features:

The configuring of Image brightness, contrast, hue - are now under an all-in-one "Enhance colors" adjustment control
The conversion of Image binary, colors, grey's, 32bits etc - are now under an all-in-one "Change color depth" adjustment control
Ability to Restore-to-default the dial values (Reset button) for adjustment controls. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=21819
The adjusting of 'Conbright' and 'Gammasat' are now under an all-in-one "Conbright/Gammasat" control

New features, for Browser:

Full support for XMP metadata
Improved support for IPTC and EXIF metadata handling.
Browser can now auto-focus to the view of the file after synchronizing with the Viewer
Enhancements to the "Batch Rename" feature
Customizable Drag & drop GUI window layout courtesy of QT
Ability to open a 'File List' from a standard text file (.txt) or list file (.lst) viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21622
Ability to specify a Theme (like a skin) with custom colors and style scheme
A 'Dark' theme is available similar to Adobe's PS Lightroom (Thanks to AutoPano team)
Sort columns can now be Customizable
Sort columns are now included in Thumbnails view too -by enabling 'show header'
Tiled preview of selected images viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23019&p=95244
File(s) extensions removed on file's now displays native blank-file icon in Browser. File(s) are still readable.
Copy to clipboard FULL File path(s), Filename(s) only, Path(s) only, Image data and more
Thumbnails for SVG vector files
Ability to display 'Line number' in Details view

New features, for Viewer:

New* Image Mapping features: 'Vignetting' and 'Old camera'
The addition of a 'Histogram' viewing feature
The "Crop" function now has an optional toolbar for non-selection image cropping.
Ability to Pan an image in fullscreen
Ability for Precise Image Zooming (enter a custom zoom %) viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21653
Ability to Start/Stop animated files (previously XnView could only just 'stop' animation only)
Status bar enhancement: Double-click to reset to beginning frame (both Animated files & Icon files)
Icon Snapshot: Ability to now view Windows/Mac/other Icon files as a 'Snapshot' display viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18751
Quick toggling between Icon's standard view and Icon snapshot view viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23248
Highest image page for Icon file's is now displayed first in a descending order.
Support for the RSRC icon file format. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21103
Support for 256x256 and 512x512 page formats for ICNS and RSRC icons.
Ability to prescribe a "Rating & Color label" to any currently viewed image.
Ability to view a 'border line' around any image viewed
Attachments
FontResizeConfig-0.0.1.pet
(1023 Bytes) Downloaded 1393 times
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 23:36, edited 28 times in total.

pri

#2 Post by pri »

what version is this ?

there is a small xnview from big_bass, its 2,5 mb

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 0a5a73ec17
Learning by Doing

pemasu

#3 Post by pemasu »

Version is XnviewMP. Big bass has made pet of version 1.70.
I could not get it to work so I made this version for my use.

pemasu

#4 Post by pemasu »

Seems Xnview 1.70 version has been updated since I tested it last. Might work now in Puppy 4.31 based derivatives.

But my sfs is based on different version anyway. I like to have one common sfs app for every derivative. Pupsaves eat too much partition space if I install needed pets to every puplet I like.
Conversion to older puppies is easy with sfs converter.

Only problem is that sfs is not allowed attachment in this forum. So ease of installation is missed.

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

If it's small enough, you could always try compressing the .sfs into a .zip archive and then attach it.

(I know, the forum software's not going to allow anyone to attach a 100-200+MB SFS to a post, but that didn't stop me from imagining it... :roll: )
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

pemasu

#6 Post by pemasu »

Yes, I know that. Or I could change the file name from .sfs to .gz for example. But I have in mind ease of installation. Fortunately I have small quanta in ftp server. No problem to upload files to there. Bonus is that if I need to refer to them lately, I have them easily in hand to point where they are.

pemasu

#7 Post by pemasu »

Update 04042010.

XnViewMP beta 0.26 sfs update 18 Mb. Sfs 4 compatible and tested in Lucid Puppy 004.

See the main post.

pri

#8 Post by pri »

hi pemasu :D

i tested on new puppy build from woof and worked. the last xnview is failed to open because there is something wrong with the font look like not macth with new puppy.

but i lost xnview ability to manage picture like crop an coloring. mybe because this is still beta.

i thing i must wait till stable release, to include it on my puppy.

and you can cutdown so it can be smalest, just simple move an other langguage suport in /usr/local/xnview/langguage. but it is okey to move it ? because xnview is free for use not free to edit (GPL)?

and thks for update :D
Learning by Doing

pemasu

#9 Post by pemasu »

I noticed also that it is missing properties still, like crop. Language pack is about 1.6 Mb and it is possible to get it smaller by dropping most languages out. But like you said, it is still heavily beta and future updates are to be expected.
So I wont make cleaning yet. I ask from developer straight about leaving languages out when next stable version is out. But it is not big difference in size anyway.

I will offer updates now and then as sfs.

pemasu

#10 Post by pemasu »

Updated 6.3.2011. XnView MP 0.35 and XnConvert MP 0.98 combo sfs.

See the main post: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 985#391985

Argolance

#11 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
It is really great! Thank you a lot!
Question: I there a way to get it in French and to make the applications fonts bigger?

Regards!

pemasu

#12 Post by pemasu »

If I remember right, there were locales, which I removed, because the package was already so big. I could probably provide locales separately or build even bigger sfs with locales.

To make applications fonts bigger. I really dont know. I havent followed xnview forum lately. The answer - yes or no - should be found there.

Argolance

#13 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
Thank you for your answer!
because the package was already so big.
25 mo: so big? I guess I feel a bit awkward with this superstitious fright that seems to be somewhat anachronistic while the smallest HD or USB key can easily support it. Are the languages files so heavy? They are so important and useful that I think it is a pity not to keep them inside.

Woe are us, non English speaking guies... :?

Perhaps could you please at least, simply make a compressed file with locales only, so anyone could change and rebuild the sfs file consequently...

Anyway, I am happy to know that this great LINUX version of xnview exists and works quite well!
I havent followed xnview forum lately. The answer - yes or no - should be found there.
Could you please give the link?

Regards.

pemasu

#14 Post by pemasu »

Well, I made the sfs for my own usage and I always strip extra locales out.
I will make sfs with full locales inside.

Xnview feedback forum: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewforum.p ... 49bd828922

pemasu

#15 Post by pemasu »

Xnviewmp-xncorverter-0.35-0.98 with locales has been uploaded as sfs.
See first post for download link.

Argolance

#16 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
Great! Thank you a lot for your kind attention!
(I uploaded files from the official site, edited the sfs file and tried to add "language" directory inside, reboot... but this didn't work :cry:. In the Settings box/Language, just English (en) appears, nothing else...)

Cordialement!

pemasu

#17 Post by pemasu »

Argolance. I did the same, lol. I thought it was the only needed action. Now I tested with same results.

Sorry for being too hasty to upload. I will investigate the locales problem more.

Argolance

#18 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
Sorry :oops:, but I have the same problem (described above!) with the locales sfs! Languages files probably have to be copied somewhere else...
I have to go just now and will try on my side later.

Regards!

pemasu

#19 Post by pemasu »

Problem with locales solved. You need to run the xnview.sh script.

I think that sfs does not handle pinstall.sh scripts so you need to do that manually. Script is attached. Rename the phony .gz to .sh
Attachments
xnview.gz
(152 Bytes) Downloaded 783 times

Argolance

#20 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
Thank you.
This attached script "xnview.sh" (as well as "xnconvert.sh)" are already present in /usr/bin directory! I don't know if the *.desktop files should not be modified and run these *.sh files, instead of xnview and xnconvert? Anyway, this doesn't work for me... Did I forget something?

Regards.