Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:31
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Request for 3D modeler and Basic programming IDE
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
williac

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr 2011, 17:11    Post_subject:  Request for 3D modeler and Basic programming IDE  

Hello Im new and loving puppy. It brought my pc back to life! I'm looking for a 3d modeler(not blender) and basic programming ide for the creation of games. In addition I'm interested in finding out if its possible with puppy to tether my pc to my android phone. I know Im asking a lot. Any help would great. thanks in advance.
2lss

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr 2011, 18:27    Post_subject:  

Sometime in the future (when I actually have some free time) I'm going to do a Freecad build.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's not on par with Solidworks yet, but shows a lot of potential.

As far as tethering your Android phone, are you referring to a USB tether or a Bluetooth tether?

For bluetooth, I use Blueman to tether my Android phone (on debian). If you can find a blueman .pet suitable for your puppy version then you should be good to go.

For USB, I think by default the phone will be mounted as a mass storage device. If you want shell access to your phone, then download the Android SDK and use "adb" to start a remote shell.
williac

PostPosted: Sat 23 Apr 2011, 17:14    Post_subject:  

Hey thanks for the advice! I will try and put it to good use.
williac

PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr 2011, 22:34    Post_subject:  

Ok, I decided to pursue tethering first since having the comp online makes everything else easier. Currently my only internet access is my android. So i downloaded the SDK and found out to download ADB I had to have the computer online and use a download manager in the SDK!!! Pretty funny huh? Anyone have a link to ADB. Or another Idea? I am runnig Lucid Puppy 5.25 and android ver 2.1. Thanks
BarryK
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr 2011, 01:07    Post_subject:  

Puppy is standardising on using BaCon, a QuickBASIC-compatible compiler. You can search my blog for posts on BaCon:

http://bkhome.org/blog/

If you go to the BaCon home site, there is an IDE but I haven't tried it, only used the commandline compiler. Wary and Quirky Puppy have NicoEdit which has syntax highlighting for BaCon, there is also a Vim PET with syntax highlighting.

I have written some intro stuff:

http://bkhome.org/bacon/

disciple

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr 2011, 02:52    Post_subject:  

Just checking: by "basic" did you actually mean "BASIC language" or just "simple"?
- - -
Beware the demented serfers!
aarf

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr 2011, 04:26    Post_subject:  

As far as i know no one has cracked bluetooth tether to internet on any puppy yet. USB tether is in common use by many including me but not to android for me. nooby and tronkle both have android for a start so perhaps ask them. But i would just try pupdail in the network connectors first.
So if you know you dont want blender which one do you want chances are it is around somewhere if you can name it. Were not going to build a new one for you from scratch overnight.

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
williac

PostPosted: Sat 14 May 2011, 19:11    Post_subject:  

Hey I just found an android app called "quick settings" that allows me to turn my android into a wi fi hot spot. Frisbee + quick settings = online Fluppy !!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

now onto my other issues (puppy related and non puppy related) lol
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Puppy rocks!!!!!
aarf

PostPosted: Sat 21 May 2011, 20:12    Post_subject:  

Google Sketchup in puppy

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum