Difficulties to startx

Booting, installing, newbie
fossiili

Difficulties to startx

#1 Post by fossiili »

Puppy is nice and I like it very much! It works well but some problems propably specific to my computer. For ex.
Often for ex sometimes merely stopping the Internet connection the x-windows stops working and sends me back to the terminal mode. Then I started configuring X using the wizarde. Everything seems to work O.K. but the script (procedure) leaves me to the terminal as in the beginning.
I write this using Puppy Linux starting from the liveCD and the pup001-file locates on my ext2 partition hdb3 and it keeps my installation so that I got the nice Puppy back looking me from the desktop :D . But with the multisession DVD (DVD -R) when x got confused and it happened that I was dummy enough to save at the end, the result is (of course) that I can not use that DVD. But I will copy multisession iso on it and perhaps it works then :shock:

My display card is PNY Nvidia GeForce 6200 256 Mb, difficult to install also to my Mandriva 2006 Linux, works there but no 3D :twisted:

The display is ViewSonic 19" TFT.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Which version of Puppy is on the multisession DVD? The latest Puppy2 alpha can skip bad sessions when it boots. You tell it which ones to skip at the boot screen.

Sorry, I can't help you with X :(

fossiili

#3 Post by fossiili »

Sorry to forget to mention the version I tryed: 1.0.8
The official ? :?

My problems with Puppy in my workhorse computer does not matter, I use it only for test Puppy to be able to try it in older computers.