Lighthouse Pup 5.03 203M Wine 1.3.14 (not being maintained)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Diamond

#81 Post by Diamond »

Distro version is 443

I have problem with Wary.I have new hardware,but my modem card is old.Wary can't recognize my ATI HD video card.

Lucid on the other hand is recognizing graphic,but don't recognize modem card.

tazoc

Bugfix for encrypted LHPsave; Cairo-Dock-2.2.0-4-L2.sfs

#82 Post by tazoc »

Bugfixed initrd.gz for encrypted LHPsave

Q5sys found a bug where an encrypted LHPsave does not properly re-size if an incorrect password is entered on the first try. Booting with pfix=fsck does not correct the condition as it normally would. This only applies to light or heavy encrypted save files; normal LHPsaves are not affected by this bug.

If you use or plan to use an encrypted LHPsave in LHP 5.03 and boot with a GRUB boot loader, replace the initrd.gz with this updated one, which correctly re-sizes whenever the correct password is entered, and enables pfix=fsck to function correctly:
http://lhpup.org/source/503/testing/u2/

PM me if you have observed this bug in other Puppies, or would like to see what changes were made to the init script.

In addition to the bugfix, the initrd.gz also includes an updated e2fsprogs (ext2/3/4 file system management) for boot-time only. Install this Pet to extend the e2fsprogs update to the desktop:
e2fsprogs-1.41.14-i486-L1.pet

Cairo-Dock 2.2.0-4 (stable release) replaces Wbar launcher in LXDE, KDE and Xfce only. Needs a compositing Window Manager; in LHP one of these:
  • LXDE with Compiz-Fusion
  • KDE (SystemSettings | Desktop | Enable Desktop Effects)
  • Xfce (Xfce Settings Manager | Window Manager Tweaks | Compositor | Enable display compositing.)
Features, Screenshots and Tips

Download Cairo-Dock-2.2.0-4-L2.sfs
-TazOC
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

nooby

#83 Post by nooby »

tazoc I hope I have not promised too much but one new user asked some questions and I did recommend LHP as the flexible Puppy taht could load and unload sfs files rather easily.

Hope I did not mislead that user? I am such a poor reader of official texts on first page or manuals and such which usually use more abstract words and are very logically structured and I get lost in all the details to take in.

What is your best everyday explanation of what LHP can do.

Pro et con for those features. What to think of. okay I try to read your first post again.

Sorry I am talking about this text.
* SFS copy2ram at first or any boot, with a brief prompt for full selection and configuration early in the boot process, prior to mounting the layered file system.

* If sufficient free RAM is detected, all core files and SFS add-ons can be copied to RAM. This means the Mariner ISO is now a true LiveCD with the add-ons Xfce, Mariner & LibreOffice SFS running in RAM at first boot.
So if I am on frugal install and boot LHP how is this copy2ram implemented?[/quote]
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

tazoc

Re: How is this copy2ram implemented?

#84 Post by tazoc »

nooby wrote:tazoc I hope I have not promised too much but one new user asked some questions and I did recommend LHP as the flexible Puppy taht could load and unload sfs files rather easily.
So if I am on frugal install and boot LHP how is this copy2ram implemented?
Thank you for recommending LHP. :) When booting Lighthouse, If any .sfs add-ons are found on the boot media, before they are loaded, a brief prompt is offered to select and configure them, (a 5 sec prompt to press Enter.)

The prompt appears when booting from LiveCD / pfix=ram, as well as after an LHPsave file is created, but only if extra .sfs files are located by the init script (that script is part of the initrd.gz--initial ramdisk.)

The SFS configuration allows you to choose which add-ons you'd like to use that session, and whether or not to copy them to RAM. Skip the prompt and use all SFS selected in prior configuration / BootManager / pre-selections from LiveCD.

Available free RAM is recalculated after each copy2ram. If RAM is low, only SFS files that will safely fit in RAM will be copied and the rest will mount in place. This way all selected add-ons will be loaded, making maximum use of available RAM.

As boot process continues, the SFS that are copied to RAM are displayed with an 'R' beside the file name. If RAM is low or the user chooses in the configuration to mount in place instead of copying, an 'M' (mount) is displayed instead of the 'R'.

Menu | System | BootManager | Select SFS | OK pops up an SFS Boot Settings GUI to configure the boot-time prompt. The Help button has more about this. Screen shot attached.

Lighthouse currently does not include support for loading and unloading SFS add-ons from the desktop without rebooting, and not all with a full install. Shinobar has written an experimental utility called sfs_load-1.1 on-the-fly, however I have not used it myself.

For more about SFS files and the layered file system in Lighthouse, please refer to http://lhpup.org/sfs/Architecture.htm, (adapted for LHP from http://puppylinux.com/development/howpuppyworks.html by Barry Kauler.)

I've attached a graphic below, (created in LibreOffice Draw) that begins the new Lighthouse Pup Architecture page.

Hope that helps,
TazOC
[url=http://www.lhpup.org/][b][size=100]lhpup.org[/size][/b] [img]http://www.lhpup.org/gallery/images/favicon.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www.lhpup.org/release-lhp.htm#602]Lighthouse 64 6.02[/url]

nooby

#85 Post by nooby »

Thanks I do understand it a bit better now. I am so slow that I failed to hit enter because I read too slow to have a chance to know that I was supposed to hit enter. :) Embarrassing

Can you confirm that there is four different ways then on how to make use of sfs?

Maybe the SFS/TCZ_Linker is the least known? Or maybe the one Seaside use is the least known among us he name it SFS-Exec
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64587

I wish somebody could test all four and compare them on a level that even newbies can grasp? I don't trust me can do it.

Does any of the SFS get into the pupsave using your method?

tazoc

Many ways to load an SFS...

#86 Post by tazoc »

nooby wrote:Thanks I do understand it a bit better now. I am so slow that I failed to hit enter because I read too slow to have a chance to know that I was supposed to hit enter. :) Embarrassing

Can you confirm that there is four different ways then on how to make use of sfs?
I'm losing count! :shock: It seems the list is growing by the day.
Maybe the SFS/TCZ_Linker is the least known? Or maybe the one Seaside use is the least known among us he name it SFS-Exec
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64587
Thanks, I hadn't seen Seaside's thread... intriguing. 8)
I wish somebody could test all four and compare them on a level that even newbies can grasp? I don't trust me can do it.
As long as you boot with puppy pfix=ram no harm should result when trying them. That said, I think all are experimental to an extent, except for the original layer-at-boot method in most Puppies and LHP. I'm impressed with Shinobar's work in many aspects of Puppy. We are lucky to have such creative and hard-working developers.
Does any of the SFS get into the pupsave using your method?
No, they are layered into the file system, each SFS in its own read-only layer (the blue layers in the Architecture diagram.) Keep in mind however, most software, including PETS and apps in an SFS will create configuration/cache files and/or start up scripts in /root, which is retained in the pupsave--unless you boot with pfix=ram and choose not to save the session at shutdown. Seaside's approach is unique in that his 'pupsave' is converted to an SFS, so that he can always boot with pfix=ram. And according to the description, it is quick and minimal by design--Puppy in a nutshell!

A zpxxxxx.sfs converted pupsave may not work in LHP, as it already has a zWine.sfs using /dev/loop3. So in LHP, name it without a beginning 'z', as with other extra SFS, then select it in the boot-time configuration by pressing Enter at the 5 sec prompt. In LHP the extra SFS files are layered in alphabetical order, first the main file and zWine, then numerals, then upper-case, with lower-case last. That's why the KDE SFS begins with a '4' and Mariner a '5'.
-TazOC

nooby

#87 Post by nooby »

Thanks I have to learn how to do the dir2sfs thing. I have no clue. His description was way over my head and the lupu525lite that I made experiment on had no dir2sfs so not sure how to do that one then.

I guess me have to find another puppy to experiment on.

night here now so I look into it most likely tomorrow. I got both opera and firefox goiing using his approach though.

So I only need to learn how to change my pupsave into a sfs.

gcmartin

LHPUP and SFS

#88 Post by gcmartin »

@Nooby
As you are aware, I run "Live" PUPs. I have used LHPUP where on first start-up ONLY, I used the facility that @TazOC mentions for loading SFS at boot. This is a one-time, first-time occurrance for my Live system. When I saved the session at Shutdown, all configrations that were done in the session were saved AND were present on reboot. I love this approach not just for pfix=ram flexibility that it offers, but for the ability to include on a LiveDVD, most everything I would want for my tailored Puppy running system.

I have found that I can burn the ISO, then use "growisofs" to add the additional 32bit SFSs I would want in my running system before booting the ISO. Then, at boot time, I select all of the services I feel my LHPUP should be providing.

@TazOC has provided one additional difference maker: his method of adding services to LHPUP is a premier effort. Its clean, full-featured, easy to understand, and includes a method of updating that we haven't seen in the PUPs arena. I look at it as a PPM replacement for LHPUP

This is a really polished approach by him. I don't know how he has been so successful because it does not appear that he has the same resource commitment we've seen in other PUP efforts. Just lots and lots of clever stuff.

Edited: In summary, I add the SFSs to the LiveDVD that I want to start with; so that I get them on my desktop system at boot (this is one-time). After my 1st save-session, I would use the SFS_Linker for any other SFSs that I want to add AND use on my running Live system's desktop. This allows use of the SFS without shutdown/reboot.

@TazOC
As I remember it, JRB worked with you last year on getting SFS Linker to work with LHPUP. It works very well as far as I know and I believe you even tested it yourself.

It appears to be easy to use.

My ONLY question is about maintaining SFSs from the Linker over reboots with session saves.

Hope this helps

nooby

#89 Post by nooby »

Thanks, I am not bright enough to sort all this out but I trust that people who look for such solutions and reading here will get it as you intended. :)

What I failed most at was the make a sfs of the pupsave that have the personal settings like local time and keyboard and resolution and desktop picture and widgets like Analog Clock settings of icons on the screen and mouse acceleration and such that one want to have next time

I found one dir2sfs but it was bundled with three other things and I have no idea how to make use of it. I did a search for dir2sfs.pet but found none singly made for that purpose.

And none of the puppies I booted had it? Does puppy431 maybe have it?
Quirky? Those I did not check up on.

Too few people seems to be into sfs things.

The reason I don't use LHP is that I am too slow. It opens up popups at start that ask a lot of questions and I fail to get the text in them.

Mariner and I have no idea what a Mariner is.

Roy

#90 Post by Roy »

tazoc,

I downloaded your Mariner.iso and decided to try it on a DVD+RW... seem to be having some difficulty on my end with proper saves (back onto the DVD), shutdowns, or reboots. Is there anything in particular I should look at to figure out why?

[EDIT: Some problems were caused by using the boot option that copied the selected SFS's to RAM. Frisbee would not connect and SFS's -- Mariner.sfs, as one noticeable example -- never showed up. Selecting the 'M' function of loading sfs's appears to have cured that]

One other question while I'm posting: Is there a GUI [EDIT: or menu item] included that will specifically FORMAT a DVD+RW instead of trying to BLANK the DVD as if it were a DVD-RW (it is not a -RW)?

Thank you for Lighthouse!

[EDIT: Have not yet looked into the save/shutdown/reboot issues]

-Roy

AMD Athlon 64-bit 3500+
3 GB (2958MB seen) RAM
Nvidia 1024x768 CRT (using Vesa video)

virtualbox

LHP503G Netbooted Frugal install / Intel 915 graphics

#91 Post by virtualbox »

Gotta say - this is the best puppy I've tried yet!

The terminal in question boots via PXE from an extracted LHP503G iso.

Two probs so far - one fixed, one not.

LHP does not create a save file automatically in this configuration.

It offers to on start up (Reboot? Y/N) but fails to create the LHPsave.2fs or .3fs

It also fails to create on shutdown (Session Not Saved.)

Fixed this by manually creating a pupsave on a HDD in the machine.

:)

However we have tried running WOW via wine and the long and short is that we are missing hardware rendering of opengl ... see the line beneath "OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer"

bash-4.1# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:
GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_OML_swap_method,
GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_hyperpipe,
GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,
GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
GLX_INTEL_swap_event
GLX version: 1.2
GLX extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_OML_swap_method,
GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.8.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:
GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_depth_clamp,
GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex,
GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_fragment_program,
GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_shader,
GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel,
GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range,
GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query,
GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_point_sprite,
GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_shader_objects,
GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_shading_language_120, GL_ARB_shadow,
GL_ARB_shadow_ambient, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp,
GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map,
GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine,
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two,
GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix,
GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object,
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader,
GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,
GL_EXT_blend_logic_op, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract,
GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_convolution, GL_EXT_copy_texture,
GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2,
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit,
GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object,
GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_histogram,
GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil,
GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_paletted_texture, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object,
GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex,
GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,
GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs,
GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side,
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_EXT_texture, GL_EXT_texture3D,
GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp,
GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine,
GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias,
GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_object,
GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle,
GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra,
GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels,
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable,
GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap,
GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once,
GL_ATI_fragment_shader, GL_ATI_separate_stencil,
GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip,
GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_INGR_blend_func_separate,
GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_resize_buffers, GL_MESA_texture_array,
GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture, GL_MESA_window_pos, GL_NV_blend_square,
GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_fragment_program,
GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_NV_light_max_exponent,
GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_point_sprite,
GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle,
GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1,
GL_OES_read_format, GL_SGI_color_matrix, GL_SGI_color_table,
GL_SGI_texture_color_table, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,
GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,
GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

64 GLX Visuals
visual x bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer ms cav
id dep cl sp sz l ci b ro r g b a bf th cl r g b a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------
0x21 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x22 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xe5 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xe6 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xe7 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xe8 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xe9 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xea 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xeb 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xec 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xed 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xee 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xef 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xf0 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xf1 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xf2 24 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xf3 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xf4 24 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xf5 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xf6 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xf7 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xf8 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xf9 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xfa 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xfb 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xfc 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xfd 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xfe 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xff 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x100 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x101 24 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x102 24 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x103 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x104 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x105 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x106 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x107 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x108 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x109 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x10a 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x10b 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x10c 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x10d 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x10e 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x10f 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x110 24 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x111 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x112 24 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x113 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x114 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x115 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x116 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x117 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x118 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x119 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x11a 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x11b 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x11c 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x11d 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x11e 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x11f 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x120 24 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x121 24 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x64 32 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None

128 GLXFBConfigs:
visual x bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer ms cav
id dep cl sp sz l ci b ro r g b a bf th cl r g b a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------
0x65 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x66 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x67 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x68 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x69 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x6a 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x6b 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x6c 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x6d 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x6e 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x6f 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x70 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x71 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x72 0 tc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x73 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x74 0 tc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x75 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x76 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x77 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x78 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x79 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x7a 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x7b 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x7c 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x7d 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x7e 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x7f 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x80 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x81 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x82 0 tc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x83 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x84 0 tc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x85 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x86 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x87 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x88 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x89 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x8a 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x8b 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x8c 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x8d 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x8e 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x8f 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x90 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x91 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x92 0 tc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x93 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x94 0 tc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0x95 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x96 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x97 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x98 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x99 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x9a 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x9b 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x9c 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x9d 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0x9e 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0x9f 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xa0 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xa1 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xa2 0 tc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xa3 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xa4 0 tc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xa5 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xa6 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xa7 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xa8 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xa9 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xaa 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xab 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xac 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xad 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xae 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xaf 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xb0 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xb1 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xb2 0 dc 0 8 0 r . . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xb3 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xb4 0 dc 0 8 0 r y . 3 3 2 0 0 8 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xb5 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xb6 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xb7 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xb8 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xb9 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xba 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xbb 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xbc 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xbd 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xbe 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xbf 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xc0 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xc1 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xc2 0 dc 0 16 0 r . . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xc3 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xc4 0 dc 0 16 0 r y . 5 6 5 0 0 16 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xc5 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xc6 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xc7 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xc8 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xc9 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xca 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xcb 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xcc 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 0 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xcd 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xce 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xcf 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xd0 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 0 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xd1 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xd2 0 dc 0 24 0 r . . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xd3 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xd4 0 dc 0 24 0 r y . 8 8 8 0 0 24 8 16 16 16 0 0 0 Slow
0xd5 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xd6 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xd7 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xd8 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xd9 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xda 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xdb 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xdc 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xdd 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xde 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xdf 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xe0 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xe1 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xe2 0 dc 0 32 0 r . . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow
0xe3 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 None
0xe4 0 dc 0 32 0 r y . 8 8 8 8 0 24 8 16 16 16 16 0 0 Slow

<root> ~
bash-4.1#

Xorg . conf (auto generated by xorgwizard) follows...

#Special base config file used in Puppy Linux.

# **********************************************************************
# Module section -- this section is used to specify
# which dynamically loadable modules to load.
#
Section "Module"

# This loads the DBE extension module.

Load "dbe" # Double buffer extension

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
# initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
SubSection "extmod"
Option "omit xfree86-dga" # don't initialise the DGA extension
EndSubSection

# This loads the font modules
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"

# This loads the GLX module (if present)
Load "glx"

# This loads dri module (if present)
Load "dri"
Load "dri2"

Load "v4l" # Video 4 Linux extension (provides a xv adapter)

EndSection

# Files section. This allows default font and rgb paths to be set

Section "Files"

# The location of the RGB database. Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally
# no need to change the default.

# RgbPath "/usr/X11R7/lib/X11/rgb"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (which are concatenated together),
# as well as specifying multiple comma-separated entries in one FontPath
# command (or a combination of both methods)

FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/ttf-thai-arundina"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/wenquanyi/wqy-zenhei"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"

EndSection

# Server flags section.

Section "ServerFlags"

# Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
# (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
# events.

# Option "DontVTSwitch"

# Enables mode switching with xrandr
# There is a report that this can cause Xorg not to work on some
# video hardware, so default is commented-out...
# but i want to use it in xorgwizard so leave on...

Option "RandR" "on"

# With this, Xorg won't talk to HAL to add evdev devices and you'll be back
# with the old Xorg behavior (pre-7.4)...

# Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"

# For no-Hal, kirk also suggests this...

# Option "AllowMouseOpenFail" "true"

EndSection

# this enabled normal users to use DRI - the Direct Rendering Extension.
# it is also possible to use a group to control access.
#
Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection
# ================================================================
# everything past here is auto-generated by Puppy's Xorg Wizard...

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
Option "RENDER" "Enable"
EndSection

#PuppyHardwareProfile=Intel_r_915G_915GV_910GL_Graphics_ChipL1550S

Any idea how to get to HW rasteriser/rendering?
What am I missing?!

Flash858

Unbelievable!

#92 Post by Flash858 »

OK, so with this new LHP, Ubuntu may be coming off the laptop!

Already on the desktop, and the best Puppy YET (and I have been using Puppy since the 2x days).

Any chance XFCE 4.8 will be available soon?

FANTASTIC work!

nickdobrinich

Remote Support via Teamviewer

#93 Post by nickdobrinich »

If you provide support for remote Puppy and/or Windows users, try Teamviewer 6.
Available here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 80&t=54638

Make sure to get the version 6 pet to be compatible with the latest Windows version which you can have the Windows person you are supporting download from the Teamviewer website:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx

I have tested under LHP 5.03g, Windows XP and Windows 7 and successfully controlled LHP and Windows XP, 7 machines, as well as the reverse.
Secure. File transfer. Chat. Server control.
No fuss, no muss.
Just works as you'd expect.
Last edited by nickdobrinich on Sun 10 Apr 2011, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

nooby

#94 Post by nooby »

May I ask an embarrassing question.

How do I get IE the dreaded Internet Explorer broswer going in wine on LHP?
Or Safari broswer but first I want IE.

The reason is that I ahve several mht files not htm it is a Safari format that saves everything on a site page. MacBook most likely have it on their Safari but I am into Linux and not Apple or Microsoft so I have to try wine and LHP have wine.

But the wineIE seems to only go to their HQ.

Hm does Quickpet mayby have it?

nickdobrinich

IE for LHP

#95 Post by nickdobrinich »

@nooby:
If you insist, go to Menu | Utility | Wine | Wine winetricks
There are entries there to download IE 6, 7 and 8.
You might have to have the Mariner sfs loaded for this to work.

Not tested.
Not recommended.

nooby

#96 Post by nooby »

oops this is very embarrassing for me to admit that I don't know if I have mariner loaded or not. Is that the skyscrape to the left that blinks a lot?

How does one know if one have the Mariner. I think I downloaded the right iso. I take a look and tell you.

I have LighthousePup-5.03-G_Mariner.iso which is the one I should make use of and if I look in the Dir it says zWine-1.3.14_503.sfs so most likely that one get loaded then? The Mariner is this one then

5-Mariner-5G_503.sfs and that get loaded if I do nothing during the five sec delay in booting.

nickdobrinich

Mariner and Wine

#97 Post by nickdobrinich »

@nooby:
Yes, it sounds like you have the right ISO for Mariner and that it loads the SFS correctly when you boot up.
So you should be able to find the IE programs you are looking for in
Menu | Utility | Wine | Wine winetricks

The tall stack of widgets on the left of the desktop is GKrellM which is a complete system monitor.
It shows the status of the CPU, disks, network, memory and swap usage.
GKrellM stands for Gnu Krell Monitors.
The krells are the small white activity markers that update 5 times a second.

It is far superior to Windows little CPU usage widget.

nooby

#98 Post by nooby »

Thanks then I try to load an IE then.

Edit. Haha it was way much harder than I ever thought.

IE8 is installed but it doesn't work yet. See http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/issues/detail?id=159 for an ugly workaround

there they have a workaroundthat totally fail to get. So I give up on this unless I find a linux converter from mht files to html or pdf or something

old text why I wanted IE Nope I will not boot into windows I don't like it at all. It is a PITA

I will use it to read Safari saved and archived html pagesand IE seems to be the only browser that can do that.

then have the extension mht instead of htm or html or they have .webarchive or similar name.

I've searched for hours to find something that can read or convert them.

Yes Ms Windows can do it and I do have or have had Safari on one of my computers to test it but it seems rather complicated to make a sfs out of it.

nickdobrinich

MHT file extension

#99 Post by nickdobrinich »

Yet another non standard goof ball format courtesy of MS.

From what I read here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML
IE 8 and 9 and Opera 9 and later can save into this format.
Whether they can read an MHT saved by another browser is an open question.
Opera 11 is available to download from the LHP Update.

Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome will not work.
ChromePlus might work.

Can you attach a sample MHT file for test?

nickdobrinich

UnMHT for Firefox

#100 Post by nickdobrinich »

You could also try an add on for Firefox called UnMHT under Tools | Add-ons
Current version is 5.6.9

Here is how someone did it.
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/mht- ... refox.html