I need Kernel module aic7xxx in lupu 520

Using applications, configuring, problems
chiron

I need Kernel module aic7xxx in lupu 520

#1 Post by chiron »

Hi,

I am running lupu 5.20, and recently wanted to add my old microtek Scanner to the configuration. It's a SCSI scanner and I use an Adaptec AHA2940 Host controller. Hooking everything up, Xsane tells me 'no device found'. lspci lists the adaptec card, lsmod does not list aic7xxx as loaded module. In fact, aic7xxx.ko is nowhere to be found. So I took the aic7xxx.ko from an older version, but that does not integrate, I guess I need one compiled specifically for the 2.6.33.2 Kernel, right? I do have sg.ko, and it loads with no problem. And, I instaled 2.15CE on that same machine, installed Xsane and sane and it all worked fine, so definitely no hardware problem. I don't want to reboot everytime I need a scan ;) So, please, if someone has the aic7xxx.ko running in lupu 520, share it with me.

Cheers

Norman

8-bit

#2 Post by 8-bit »

I have a SCSI scanner and a SCSI 250meg ZIP drive and I had went through the same thing. So put the two attached files in /lib/modules/2.6.33.2/kernel/drivers/scsi.
Then type "depmod -a" in a terminal.
Then type "modprobe [name of driver].
Be sure to do both attached files.

Let me know how it goes.
Attachments
SCSI_stuff.tar.gz
Driver stuff for your SCSI card
(120.71 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

chiron

#3 Post by chiron »

Thanks, that did the trick!

BTW where did you get it? Secret Puppy repo of abandoned drivers?

8-bit

#4 Post by 8-bit »

Well, if you really want to know where I got it, I copied the drivers out of an early test version of lupu that supported SCSI.
I was able to do this because the kernel version was exactly the same.
As to which version of lupu, at this time, I just cannot tell you since I do not remember myself.
But for future versions of Lupu/Lucid, with the same kernel, you could use the same file I attached to get scsi back.