Blackbox styles

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
`f00

Blackbox styles

#1 Post by `f00 »

This is here simply as a placeholder in case anyone else updates/converts vintage blackbox styles or even does a completely new one .. darkeen came about that way (the original was "Dark" (c) 1997, 1998 Brad Hughes)

apocrypha

Observance via styles of the mostly verdant persuasion. A blackbox style, one for openbox (also a jwm one fwiw) along with a bgsetter and a few starters, etc to make nice package. If you use a roxpin :| the tile and min might be adaptable but the bgsetter is a lighter solution if you don't really need a pinboard (which is a running process..).

Basic how2.txt in the pkg, extract and deal the cards. There's a medium and a very dark (suitable for very low ambient light at night) bg for the blackbox style. The ks2.png with heavy blur is a bit slow to come up and spikes the cpu a bit at first before it settles in on my machine, so if your hwr is a bit challenged you may want to back off on the blur some.

hsetroot has some fun options and should not need anything else (unless you have a really bare boney pup), the --help gives guides but you might be guessing at some values initially if you play about with the options.

kcompmgr can be used more fully if you research more .. as-is it's fine for translucency effects in jwm.

blackbox 154k screenie, the 194k one for openbox and the jwm theme with translucency applied @199k

should work in most 'standard' pups 4.2x and above with little or no dependencies, afaict.

addenda for @GustavoYz - mrr, dunno but just for you some lo-qual jpg embeds and an animated av'

Attachments
stnakes-1103a.tar.gz
style and themes 'plus' package
md5=46e58e58f4aa4a4c56745e048a8a2616
(150.76 KiB) Downloaded 835 times
Last edited by `f00 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

@`foo: Why I can't see any cap?
http://imageshack.us/img/blocked_login.jpg
In fact, I can't even see your avatar...

Edited: Thanks! Now I can see it and looks great! :D