Lost start menu and window switcher in panel: Puppee/Opnbox

Booting, installing, newbie
theZoid

Lost start menu and window switcher in panel: Puppee/Opnbox

#1 Post by theZoid »

I need to know how to add the start menu back and window list/switcher...I can find the right file. It seems Openbox and Flwm use a different panel than Icewm, which has no problems. I deleted the window task switcher by mistake I know, but the start menu was gone after a boot up and an "applet failed to load" error dialog.

thanks much as I preferred the Openbox setup ..
[b]DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog"[/b]: i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/[b]Saline OS Xfce x64[/b]
[b]MSI Wind Netbook[/b] Puppeee Linux (atom)

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

What panel use this puplet?
If you 'change to' OpenBox from JWM its possible that you were using the JWM tray.
OB doesn't have a tray/panel.

If you write something in the OB menus.xml or rc.xml, its always possible to scrub it easilly... Are you seeing a 'Warning' message at every bootup?

Any case, pls be specific and you'll get better help.
Regards.

theZoid

#3 Post by theZoid »

GustavoYz wrote:What panel use this puplet?
If you 'change to' OpenBox from JWM its possible that you were using the JWM tray.
OB doesn't have a tray/panel.

If you write something in the OB menus.xml or rc.xml, its always possible to scrub it easilly... Are you seeing a 'Warning' message at every bootup?

Any case, pls be specific and you'll get better help.
Regards.
Ok Thanks. I'm using Puppeee which comes with Flwm, Icewm, and Openbox. Icewm is using one panel, while the other two use another panel, i.e. the panel that is missing the start menu and window switcher. I'm digging thru the files and can't tell which panel Flvm and OB are using (Ice "looks" like fbpanel, OB and Flvm could be what, lxpanel or tint2...I don't know). I'm on my SalineOS (Squeeze) machine now....will boot up the netbook that has Puppee in a few and see what else I can find out. Does this help any? Sorry, very Noobish to puppy.

EDIT: the panel that OB and Flvm use that is missing the items comes with an analog clock on it...if that rings a bell with anyone.
[b]DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog"[/b]: i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/[b]Saline OS Xfce x64[/b]

theZoid

#4 Post by theZoid »

Here's where I think I need to insert the proper text/code for my start menu and window selector:

contents of /root/Choices/Rox-Filer/OpenboxPanel:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<panel side="Bottom">
  <start>
    <icon label="Eee-Control Eee Settings">/usr/local/apps/Eee-Control</icon>
    <icon label="Rover SpeedLaunch (Alt-Space)">/usr/local/apps/Rover</icon>
    <icon label="Pager">/root/my-panel-applets/openbox/Pager</icon>
  </start>
  <end>
    <icon label="SystemTrayN">/root/my-panel-applets/SystemTrayN</icon>
  </end>
</panel>
What you see here is all I have on my panel. Can someone give me the missing entries for Start Menu and Window Selector?

thanks much !!!

jemimah

#5 Post by jemimah »

The applets are located in /root/my-panel-applets. Just select the ones you want and drag them to the panel. You can rearrange them with mouse button 3 (or both buttons simultaneously if you don't have a 3 button mouse attached).