How to use LibreOffice sfs in Puppy 5.2?

Booting, installing, newbie
LeithR

How to use LibreOffice sfs in Puppy 5.2?

#1 Post by LeithR »

Hi there,
I have downloaded a copy of LibreOffice-3.3.0b3_sf4.sfs to my laptop running puppy 5.2.

As I'm a newbie to both puppy and to Linux in general I'm having difficulty finding out what command I need to invoke to install this package.

Can anybody help with the correct command string please. Thanks

01micko

Re: HELP - LibreOffice Install

#2 Post by 01micko »

LeithR wrote:Hi there,
I have downloaded a copy of LibreOffice-3.3.0b3_sf4.sfs to my laptop running puppy 5.2.

As I'm a newbie to both puppy and to Linux in general I'm having difficulty finding out what command I need to invoke to install this package.

Can anybody help with the correct command string please. Thanks
You know, quickpet would have been easier :)

Quickpet can still help you :wink:

1) open quickpet

2) open the directory where you downloaded libreoffice

3) at the top of quickpet there is a menubar... File|Support|MorePets|Sfs

4) click the Sfs tab

5) from the pulldown list select Sfs_grabber, a window will open with an entrybox.. it says "copy and paste a weblink or drag local sfs file to the entry box"

6) select the libreoffice sfs from the file manager window and drag it to the entry box in that new window and click OK.

6) you will be prompted to reboot if you have a frugal install or if you have a full install you will need to click OK a few more times.

HTH

OTHER USERS, this only works in lucid puppy 5.2x
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

LeithR

#3 Post by LeithR »

Thanks very much 01micko,
I've managed to get the Libra Office soffice.bin icon onto the desktop. However, having viewed Rhino's video on how to set an icon a dozen times I continue to fail to be able to find anything that looks like the correct and final icon. I can open Libra Office just clicking straight onto the icon. I suspect he used an older version of puppy and I don't know the file structure well enough to be able to translate from one to the other.

Any guidance on how to get to the final icon for Libra Office onto the desk top would be appreciated?