You2pup works (June 2016) YouTube downloader

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
trio

#141 Post by trio »

gcmartin

Well, 1'm 99% sure that this won't work with any other tube sites ... unless those sites have exactly the same html page structure (how they put the video url) as youtube.

regards

trio

#142 Post by trio »

Updated - Download at main post

Version 2.1 - MULTI FORMAT DOWNLOAD ABILITY, took out the conversion and play functions (back to basic), no need to spesify name (auto-naming) - Thanks to Mr. Arif AGAIN!! http://arif.suparlan.com/2011/02/23/dow ... ell-script

trio

#143 Post by trio »

Version 2.1.1 - Change gxmessage with Xdialog for warnings, use /tmp folder for tmp file, a bit cosmetics when in rxvt

trio

#144 Post by trio »

Version 2.1.2 - rxvt now embeded in you2pup window, option to abort (see picture), non-resizable window

nooby

#145 Post by nooby »

Thanks to a PM now I know and the embarrassing thing is that I knew this a week ago and then forgot all about it.

I remember that somebody gave example on another site that they made a link to and there described how one could save even streaming video that was not Flash related.

They use CLI or Console or Terminal code to copy and change a cache file into a working file to be played by Mplayer or VLC.

I lost the link I was in another OS at the time.
Last edited by nooby on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

trio

#146 Post by trio »

Maybe somebody using puppy version older than Lupu can help me check if rxvt can be embedded in the you2pup window? does it still work even if it isn't embbedded or it doesn't work at all

thanks

sc0ttman

#147 Post by sc0ttman »

trio wrote:Maybe somebody using puppy version older than Lupu can help me check if rxvt can be embedded in the you2pup window? does it still work even if it isn't embbedded or it doesn't work at all

thanks
I'm using puppy 4.2 (or at least, a derivative of it, which no changes to rxvt)... And my rxvt does not have the embed option, it is unrecognised - and so your new "you2pup" and "Pet Maker" scripts halt and exit when trying to load rxvt..

(So the GUIs appear to do nothing when you click 'Download' or 'Create PET'...)

So, I edited the scripts, to remove the "-embed" option and they work fine.
I even compiled the latest rxvt, with lots of stuff enabled, so that the binary was 200kb! But still not working..

(Not sure which option enabled embedding though, did not see it listed explicitly.... )
[b][url=https://bit.ly/2KjtxoD]Pkg[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2U6dzxV]mdsh[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2G49OE8]Woofy[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/bzBU1]Akita[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/SO5ug]VLC-GTK[/url], [url=https://tiny.cc/c2hnfz]Search[/url][/b]

trio

#148 Post by trio »

Version 2.1.2 - Only for LUPU 520, rxvt now embeded in you2pup window, option to abort (see picture), non-resizable window
Version 2.1.1 - For general puppies, Change gxmessage with Xdialog for warnings, use /tmp folder for tmp file, a bit cosmetics when in rxvt

Thanks scottman, and the real name of the console in lupu is actually urxvt ...

sc0ttman

#149 Post by sc0ttman »

trio wrote:Thanks scottman, and the real name of the console in lupu is actually urxvt ...
I'll compile that one then! I thought it only had utf support added, but seems it has other things as well... Thanks Trio.

Love the tools by the way, especially the new you2pup, I love being able to choose mp4, as my system won't play youtube (or similar) flvs... forgot to say that earlier...

Dougal

#150 Post by Dougal »

sc0ttman wrote:I love being able to choose mp4, as my system won't play youtube (or similar) flvs... forgot to say that earlier...
The newer flash files are not very different from the mp4... it's just the wrapper that needs changing. I have a script named F4V2MP4 which just contains the following command:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i "$1" -acodec copy -vcodec copy "${1%.f4v}.mp4"
which converts it to mp4 (note that it does not re-encode the video -- it's just a trivial wrapper conversion from f4v to mp4...)

Trio: your friend could have made the loop parsing the maps a little more elegant, without the arbitrary 10-iteration limit...
For example:

Tmp=$(grep -o "'PLAYER_CONFIG': {.*}" $TmpFile)

declare -a Url_array Geom_array

UrlMap=${Tmp#*"fmt_url_map": "}
UrlMap=${UrlMap%%"*}

GeomMap=${Tmp#*"fmt_map": "}
GeomMap=${GeomMap%%"*}

FmtList=""

for i in ${UrlMap//,/ } ; do
	Fmt=${i%%|*}
	Url=${i#*|} ; Url=${Url%%|*}
	Url_array[$Fmt]=$Url
	FmtList="$FmtList $Fmt"
done

for i in ${GeomMap//,/ } ; do
	Fmt=${i%%\\*}
	Geom=${i#*/} ; Geom=${Geom%%\\*}
	Geom_array[$Fmt]="$Geom"
done

for i in $FmtList ; do
	echo "fmt:$i geom:${Geom_array[$i]} url:${Url_array[$i]}"
done
This way you create sparse arrays with the data and use the format as the index...
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

Makoto

#151 Post by Makoto »

Hmm... updated the old version of You2pup that was included with my 4.3.1 setup to 2.1.1, and it seemed to be working properly - but the rxvt window disappears after I've selected the download resolution/filetype. :(

YouTube hasn't changed things again, have they?
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

trio

#152 Post by trio »

Makoto

Still works,

Try again? or post the video u want to downlad? Check your connection?
Attachments
still_works.jpg
(20.69 KiB) Downloaded 1557 times

Makoto

#153 Post by Makoto »

I think it may be the length (time?) of the video - I've tried a few smaller videos (commercials, etc.), and all of those worked. The one I tried first just caused rxvt to evaporate no matter what resolution/format I picked (I also tried it again after having no problems with the 'smaller' videos, and it didn't work), but it's more or less a 10 to 15-minute video (from a cartoon, Spliced!.)

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFJvjYR3ks

I didn't try it with any of the other 10-15-minute clips. Could RAM limitations on my system have something to do with it? I do only have 128MB of RAM (640MB of swapfile space, though). I doubt it's the hard drive space - otherwise, I might have had a chance with the 320x and 640x resolutions... maybe.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

trio

#154 Post by trio »

aaah found out why ....

the problem is the title, it contains "/" ..
"Spliced! Sugar Low / 27th Annual Blargey Parble"

will try to deal with it, when I have time

trio

#155 Post by trio »

Version 2.1.3 - Fixes if there's "/" in title, 2 versions available, for general puppies and for lupu520/wary (with urxvt embed option) - thanks Makoto

see main post

Makoto

#156 Post by Makoto »

Bleah. I should have wondered if there might have been something involving the file-creation routines, as well. (No, really. It's reasonable to assume the download file's being created right after you select the resolution and download type, so if it stopped for me, there...)

Thanks! :)

Geoffrey

#157 Post by Geoffrey »

It works in Quirky 1.2.0 NOP but for one small problem, it won't open the download folder, I've tried replacing the reference to rox with thunar but still no joy, i assume that the func script in /usr/local/you2pup is the one that does this, or I'm I wrong?

trio

#158 Post by trio »

Wrong, later you2pup is at /usr/sbin/you2pup

Geoffrey

#159 Post by Geoffrey »

trio wrote:Wrong, later you2pup is at /usr/sbin/you2pup
I was right, it is the func script in /usr/local/you2pup, as I have XFCE with no rox, though the rox command is linked to thunar , thunar don't see the " -s " as a option, so by removing the " -s " it works.

-opendir)
	rox $DIRECTORY'/' &

trio

#160 Post by trio »

Haha ... I mix up with petnmaker sorry