Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 31 Oct 2014, 00:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Puppy On Laptops
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 14 of 21 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 19, 20, 21 Next
Author Message
gary101


Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 539
Location: Boston, Lincs. UK

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2011, 05:12    Post_subject:
Sub_title: IBM Thinkpad X22
 

Thinkpad X22
384 MB Ram
800 Mhz P111
Broadcom wireless card added on minipci

Puppy versions I have run successfully
4.1
4.2.1
4.3
Browserlinux
Lupu

All ran fine with no problems setting up. Screen brightness buttons and the the little light in the top of the screen housing all work, I think these are all hardware controlled anyway.
Trackpoint (eraserhead) works on all installations I have tried and is set up on boot.
All in all, no problems to report.

Gary

_________________
If it's not one thing it's your mother
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
CatDude


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 1488
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2011, 05:37    Post_subject:  

Hello DM

DM was on fire! wrote:
.......Looking at the link on the Wiki (truth be told I had no clue this existed; I feel quite stupid), the Thinkpad I will be inheriting is not on there, but atleast knowing older Puppies works fine with eraserheads gives me hope. Thank you again!

No need to feel stupid.
Apart from the link in the first post of this thread,
i do not know where else it may be linked from.

Hope you have bookmarked it Wink Wink

CatDude
.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
racepres


Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 531
Location: Central Michigan, US

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:32    Post_subject:  

Here's one for ya CatDude!
Got a Compaq cq61, 2+gigCPU, 2GRam, Hard dive took a dump..
I'm booting Frugal, from the micro sd card in the sprint/sierra gprs modem!
Lupu 5.20. Everything works so far. Internet connects via ethernet, wireless, or the sprint pcs Modem! Pretty peppy! I am posting this on it now.. using wireless cause sprint service is about the very worst I ever seen.... I'm positive dial-up is twice as Fast.... Seriously.
RP

Note: before I give this CQ61 back to it's owner.
For some reason the micro sd card in the sierra[Sprint] gprs modem is Not Found at Boot, Unless, the ac power adapter is Disconnected!
Tried it numerous times... with ac adapter micro sd Not Found, Without Adapter, micro sd card [puppy install] Found!
Strange, but That's what works for me! And regular USB flash drive is found Regardless!
RP
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
theZoid


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Orlando, FL

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 22:42    Post_subject:  

I'm using Puppy 5.2 on an MSI Wind U100. Everything works OTB....incl webcam and wireless. I need to figure out though how to disable this touchpad though as it's very annoying! (not puppy's fault)
_________________
DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/Saline OS Xfce x64
MSI Wind Netbook Puppeee Linux (atom)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rjbrewer


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 4422
Location: merriam, kansas

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2011, 22:56    Post_subject:  

theZoid wrote:
I'm using Puppy 5.2 on an MSI Wind U100. Everything works OTB....incl webcam and wireless. I need to figure out though how to disable this touchpad though as it's very annoying! (not puppy's fault)


Find "Flsynclient" in menu;

set touchpad mode to off.

Welcome to Puppy.

_________________

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
theZoid


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Orlando, FL

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 14:04    Post_subject:  

rjbrewer wrote:
theZoid wrote:
I'm using Puppy 5.2 on an MSI Wind U100. Everything works OTB....incl webcam and wireless. I need to figure out though how to disable this touchpad though as it's very annoying! (not puppy's fault)


Find "Flsynclient" in menu;

set touchpad mode to off.

Welcome to Puppy.


Thanks....I tried that and it said "no synaptics touchpad detected"; several times. I'm looking for a more direct way to disable it as it's driving me crazy Smile

_________________
DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/Saline OS Xfce x64
MSI Wind Netbook Puppeee Linux (atom)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
racepres


Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 531
Location: Central Michigan, US

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 21:02    Post_subject:  

theZoid wrote:

Thanks....I tried that and it said "no synaptics touchpad detected"; several times. I'm looking for a more direct way to disable it as it's driving me crazy Smile

Open/Lift the keyboard, and unplug the darn thing... I have done it... it is direct and it does work..
RP
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
rjbrewer


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 4422
Location: merriam, kansas

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 22:51    Post_subject:  

theZoid wrote:
rjbrewer wrote:
theZoid wrote:
I'm using Puppy 5.2 on an MSI Wind U100. Everything works OTB....incl webcam and wireless. I need to figure out though how to disable this touchpad though as it's very annoying! (not puppy's fault)


Find "Flsynclient" in menu;

set touchpad mode to off.

Welcome to Puppy.


Thanks....I tried that and it said "no synaptics touchpad detected"; several times. I'm looking for a more direct way to disable it as it's driving me crazy Smile


You Tube !!

http://www.google.com/search?q=msi+u100+synaptics+touchpad&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=B7BtTazUJ4q4sQOK3KyyBQ&ved=0CBsQqwQ

_________________

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
theZoid


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Orlando, FL

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 23:16    Post_subject:  

thanks dogs...Smile can someone point me to a thread about codecs/m4a's? Right now i can only play them with vlc.......thks
_________________
DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/Saline OS Xfce x64
MSI Wind Netbook Puppeee Linux (atom)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
theZoid


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Orlando, FL

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 23:16    Post_subject:  
Sub_title: delete
 

delete
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rjbrewer


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 4422
Location: merriam, kansas

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar 2011, 23:56    Post_subject:  

theZoid wrote:
thanks dogs...Smile can someone point me to a thread about codecs/m4a's? Right now i can only play them with vlc.......thks


Different subject; start another thread in a more appropriate
section.

Knock off the dog crap!

_________________

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
theZoid


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Orlando, FL

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 00:01    Post_subject:  

rjbrewer wrote:
theZoid wrote:
thanks dogs...Smile can someone point me to a thread about codecs/m4a's? Right now i can only play them with vlc.......thks


Different subject; start another thread in a more appropriate
section.

Knock off the dog crap!


whoaaaa........ Laughing

_________________
DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, Intel x-25M 160 G2 + 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300 //W7P x64/Saline OS Xfce x64
MSI Wind Netbook Puppeee Linux (atom)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
rjbrewer


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 4422
Location: merriam, kansas

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:33    Post_subject:  

theZoid wrote:
rjbrewer wrote:
theZoid wrote:
thanks dogs...Smile can someone point me to a thread about codecs/m4a's? Right now i can only play them with vlc.......thks


Different subject; start another thread in a more appropriate
section.

Knock off the dog crap!


whoaaaa........ Laughing


Sorry about that Smile

I'm allergic to new posters that start off by using the word
"annoying".

_________________

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
eeepuppy

Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 13:07    Post_subject: Puppy 5.2 don't create the lupusave file  

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop with Intel i7 64-bit, ATI HD 5600 1GB. I want to know which version of Puppy is the most suitable for recognition hardware. I tried to install Puppy 5.2 from the CD but does not create the lupusave file when I go out and reboot. Thanks in advance for the help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
oui

Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 2103
Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar 2011, 17:49    Post_subject:  

fatdog64 works great!

only sorry about the unusual mixture of standard programs compared with puppy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 14 of 21 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, ..., 19, 20, 21 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0945s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0141s) ][ GZIP on ]