Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Oct 2014, 19:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Snow Puppy 020 with more apps, fonts and themes
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 11 of 46 [679 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 44, 45, 46 Next
James C

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 02:41    Post subject:  

Regret to report that I'm losing the sound every time I reboot. Used Retrovol......muted on reboot. Used Alsa Wizard....muted on reboot.Do nothing...stays muted. Smile

Multimedia audio controller : Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

Also experiencing the same problem with the new Luci-250 as well.
jim3630

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 04:31    Post subject:  

Hey pemasu, your working overtime now finished v10. Unfortunately, I now have a new bug with v10. On the live cd no problem with my monitor but after install to HD xorgwizard blows up my screen using xorg, xversa, the intel driver all of which is new problem not occurring since I started with version 6 on my Dell D610. Have noted there is a couple of other pups on here that do the same. Will try at boot nox forceversa. Any suggestions? thanks jim
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 05:13    Post subject:  

James C. Thank you. The reason found and fixed. Next Snow Puppy will have audio persistence back. Meanwhile you should get audio working by installing the pet below and rebooting.

jim3630. Thank you of your report. The updating of xorg_base and xorgserver_xorg seems to be tricky. I will continue experimenting.
alsafix-001.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  alsafix-001.pet 
Filesize  1.66 KB 
Downloaded  368 Time(s) 
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 08:40    Post subject:  

I made bugfix release of Snow Puppy-011. Alsa is now persistent in my machine. At first bootup sound is muted, but I think it never has been audible. I dont bother to bug hunt it. About X server problems. I havent had them during Snow Puppy release cycle. I made xserver_xorg slightly differently in this build. It works fine for me. Viewnior is added back.

jim3630. I hope this version works for you. I was thinking, that are you sure your older savefile isnt loaded when you test with new version ? You should try at first with fresh install before testing older savefile.

I will start my ski vacation after two days on 25.2. I am in Lapland middle of nowhere. My mother has laptop with 3g modem, so it is possible that I can read murga-linux forum there. But I wont release new Snow Puppy at least in couple of weeks.

I hope this version satisfies people`s needs. Most applications should be newest you can find from additional software section, or from woof repositories. If you find older version in Snow Puppy, please report. I will update it to the woof.
Remember to activate from Menu the Cpu frequency scaling before reporting excessive cpu usage. The old governor is removed from /etc/rc.d. After first cpu frequency scaling loading, it should be remembered and activated at next bootups.

Download links and md5sums
:http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/SnowPuppy-011

Oh, I made also sfs of latest Xnview and XnCoverter. As combined they are much smaller because they use same Qt4 libraries. I know, the sfs is still big in Puppy standards 25 Mb. But I really do like Xnview, it can rotate pics from the folder in the viewer automatically using Exif information.

Download link:http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Sfs/xnviewmp-xncorverter-0.35-0.98.sfs

Last edited by pemasu on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 13:04; edited 1 time in total
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 09:31    Post subject:  

Sorry. Snow Puppy-011 upload was corrupt. I deleted the iso and try again.
marco07

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 10:06    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Sorry. Snow Puppy-011 upload was corrupt. I deleted the iso and try again.

Does this mean it is OK to download it now?
nooby

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 10:11    Post subject:  

Yes me too early for 11 too Smile Sorry I refer to 10 and not 11. Is 11 uploaded now?

Pemasu do you remember the fix they made for Zigberts PWidgets.

When I try to use widgets like showing cpu usage or what process are going and temperature and world time and some others then they fail to show up.

Version of puppy work and Calendar and analog clock work but many of the others fail in Snow puppy. And it has been like that since snow 5 so it something general and not exclusive for Snow.

Do you remember what name of the pet that fixed it?

I use your snow 11 now as far as I know. Or at least the snow 10 Smile

Last edited by nooby on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 10:31; edited 1 time in total
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 10:27    Post subject:  

I've just tried Snow Puppy 010 (I was too early for 011 apparently) and it looks good and works well.
Stone Pentium IV (2.4 GHz), 2 GB of RAM, 160 GB hard drive running PuppEX 14.1, New Year's Pup 02, Puppy 4.31 Workhorse, Puppy X-Precise 2.4, Puppy Carolina 1.2, Puppy Legacy OS2 LTS, Puppy Diamond 528_512 (full) and Puppy Upup Raring 3.9.9.2.
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 11:22    Post subject:  

SnowPuppy-011 is uploading again now. Ftpsite has been really slow today. I upload it first. Then I download and check the md5sum and if it is okay, I post the success.

Nooby. I installed the latest Pwidgets 2.3.4 yesterday to Snow Puppy. It worked fine for weather, clock, calendar and cpu_graph. Cpu showed the usage after small latence, it didnt start to show immediately. I have used Pwidgets from the beginning and I like it a lot. My main eye candy beside the wallpaper in the desktop. Well, the ones I use, works anyway.

By the way. When I had to upload Snow Puppy-011 again. I noticed that SFS-Load on the Fly app was updated to the 0.9 version. I quickly uploaded it to the woof and made Snow Puppy-011 with it. It loads fine on the fly the sfs applications. I have used devx and kernel source sfs loaded on the fly when I have compilded kernel driver modules. You can test Xnview with it Smile

Last edited by pemasu on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 13:31; edited 1 time in total
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 12:47    Post subject:  

SnowPuppy-011 uploaded and downloaded succesfully now.
nooby

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 13:04    Post subject:  

Thanks, then it could be something I changed that make pwidget refuse to work as expected then?

I will download Snow 11 and make two version of it. One just upgraded from 05 to 08 to 09 to 10 to 11 and then one that is only based on 11 and see if pwidget work okay in these two then.

jim3630

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 13:35    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:

jim3630. I hope this version works for you. I was thinking, that are you sure your older savefile isnt loaded when you test with new version ? You should try at first with fresh install before testing older savefile.

pemasu, the vacation sounds like fun hope you enjoy. No I'm not sure about older savefile as it has happen but not with snowpup in the past IIRC even with pfix=ram for the install to HD. Thanks will work with that. jim
James C

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 22:22    Post subject:  

Fresh frugal install of Snow Puppy 011 on the old P4 test box.......sound problem appears to be fixed.

Have a good vacation............... Smile
jim3630

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2011, 23:19    Post subject:  

v11 up and running without issue. My prior problem with v11 probable was an old savefile inadvertently in play. With the latest upgrades SP gets better and better. thanks again jim
pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 24 Feb 2011, 02:08    Post subject:  

Thank you jim3630 and James C. I got message from radky that not all the Pup* apps are the latest. Also the old network wizard and ndiswrapper have mysteriously been non working. Well, I went through all the woof packages. During woof download my own added packages have been overwrited. My name change of the packages havent been thorough enough. Now I have deleted all the old or changed packages and used the latest woof with Barrys latest zzz scripts. I have to go through them, that they wont brake SnowPuppy but give the latest 3g modem support. I have repackaged my edited packagenames so that specs of them dont be interfered by the woof downloaded packages.

The latest build now have to use the latest packages and scripts, there arent older packages anymore left. ./2createpackages phase is tricky. The specs of the packages are delicate thing I have learned. Deleting the older versions seems to be needed otherwise woof might pick them eventhough there is newer version available.

But Snow Puppy-012 looks good. Delayedrun script still needs fixing.
This cleanup and hopefully posting the Snow Puppy-012 will be then the latest before my holiday. I might have possibility to use 3gmodem at the Lapland. It would be nice to play with it using Snow Puppy when I have time.
Page 11 of 46 [679 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 44, 45, 46 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: