Winetricks UI

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
playdayz

Winetricks UI

#1 Post by playdayz »

Here is the program script winetricks. It could really use a nicer interface for Linux, if anyone is interested.
Attachments
winetricks.tar.gz
(54.91 KiB) Downloaded 654 times
Last edited by playdayz on Tue 22 Feb 2011, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

What about this one?
http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=13883

There are two versions:

Updated normal Winetricks with new GUI

Wintricks-alpha with more options.
A top-level menu which gives you a choice of category (dll, font, app, or setting).
Attachments
winetricks.jpg
Winetricks with new GUI as of 2110105
(40.88 KiB) Downloaded 2016 times
winetricks-alpha.jpg
Winetricks-alpha as of 2110105
(33.05 KiB) Downloaded 2157 times

playdayz

#3 Post by playdayz »

Thanks bigpup, that is just the thing. The first time I ran the basic script I got what have been getting in green_dome's wine--all of the options in a single long row that would go across 4 or 5 screens. Ah but then I installed zenity and got the gui. Thanks. I will pass it along to green_dome.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#4 Post by Béèm »

bigpup wrote:What about this one?
http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=13883

There are two versions:

Updated normal Winetricks with new GUI

Wintricks-alpha with more options.
A top-level menu which gives you a choice of category (dll, font, app, or setting).
I like the Bordeaux for Linux aspect. :wink:
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

Heh, yeah, I can relate... about half an hour or so ago, I wanted to see if something was available in winetricks, so I went ahead and opened the (xdialog) GUI. Spent a while Alt-dragging the long strip around just to see all the buttons (which aren't in alphabetical order, either, much less by function/driver/etc. :) ), only to reach the far right end and realize there's no close button on the end. :P

So, as I didn't want to install anything at the time, I ended up having to kill both winetricks and the xdialog processes in pprocess. :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

playdayz

#6 Post by playdayz »

Heh, yeah, I can relate... about half an hour or so ago, I wanted to see if something was available in winetricks, so I went ahead and opened the (xdialog) GUI. Spent a while Alt-dragging the long strip around just to see all the buttons (which aren't in alphabetical order, either, much less by function/driver/etc. Smile ), only to reach the far right end and realize there's no close button on the end. Razz

So, as I didn't want to install anything at the time, I ended up having to kill both winetricks and the xdialog processes in pprocess. Smile
We are on the way to making that more convenient. I remembered that in addition to zenity we should include cabextract because winetricks often needs that.

In fact, here it is! Uninstall your current wine and install this one (only in ibiblio for a day or two). OK, I am done here ;-) I just remade this with yad 0.8.1 instead of zenity--just posted today by stu90--saved 300KB.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... ucid52.pet

Makoto

#7 Post by Makoto »

I'm using Puppy 4.3.1, though. :) Maybe I should wait and see what green_dome does with it, just in case he's about to release Wine 1.3.14...

Yeah, it was a reminder why I didn't want to use the xdialog version of Winetricks, definitely. There's always been a recommendation to use the command-line version, instead, but I didn't feel like having to do a lot of scrolling in the terminal just to look for a package. So, naturally, I pick the more difficult method. :P
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

playdayz

#8 Post by playdayz »

I'm using Puppy 4.3.1, though.
You should be able to use the pet I made if you wanted to. green_dome compiles in 4.3.1 anyway I think.