Diaboluq-5.1 : Multimedia Création

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
papos

Diaboluq-5.1 : Multimedia Création

#1 Post by papos »

Bienvenue, welcome
After videopup Videopup who was the first release to create my movies, based on puppy-3.01and muppybuild.
I have released Diabolo Diabolo multimedia based on puppy-4.1.2

This is time for Diaboluq
based on Lucid Puppy Quickset edition (LupQ-511), Lucid Puppy 5.1.1 and Puppy 5
Need 500 megas of ram.
Internationalised: at first startup you have just to choose your language in desktop. (most translation are include for english, fr, es de). Thanks to Shinobar.
Very stable beta release: Its key features are Debian, Ubuntu Lucid and Puppy compatibility, a lot of applications through Ubuntu , Puppy and Debian repositories.
Diaboluq is binary compatible with the most recent Ubuntu Linux Lucid. kernel:linux-2.6.33.2

You have all the packages of Lucid Puppy Quickset edition
+ a lot of applications tested, patched and integrated.
avidemux-2.4.4 : the working version of Mu
ffmpeg-0.6-lupq-1
Firefox-3.6.6-Lucid default browser: optimized for taking lesser space.
firelog:
geeqie_1.0-7_i386.debian default viewer photos organiser, extremely fast
geeqie_appliexternes plugins
fotoxx-10.7: well rezizer
Gimp-2.6.8-Lucid :image retouching and editing too
gimp_gap : Animation Package
gimp-plugin-registry_3.5.2-1
gimp_script_ty
gnomad2-2.9.4 : a Jukebox Manager for usb mp3 player
gphoto2-2.4.8 : retrieving of images from 1200 camera usb devices
grub4dos-0.4.4.v1.6.2
gtkam-0.1.17 :provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that allows the user to import photos from usb devices
gtkpod-1.0.0 :transfer photo onto their iPod, iphone.
gwc_0.21
hpijs-3.10.6-dynppd : all the drivers for hp printer
hplip-3.9.12-scan : drivers for hp scanner
ImageMagick-6.5.9-0-i486
jre-1.6.0.22: last java runtime
lang_pack_fr-lupq-0.2
libflashplayer-10.1.85.3
libimage-exiftool-perl_7.89-1_all_ubuntu8lupu
libqt-3.3.8_qdvd
lmms_: Linux MultiMedia Studio or LMMS, is a free software digital audio workstation
maj_rox_patched : for drag and drop
mhwaveedit_1.4.20-1_with-ladspa plugin
ladspa_blop_caps
mp3gain-1.5.2_aacgain-1.9
nted-1.10.16-i686: music editor
Openshot-1.1.3-Lucid : video editor: Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg) (drag and drop support) Multiple tracks, diaporama.Debuged version.
pburn-3.3.0
pcd-1.3
pidgin-2.7.5-20101107 : multi chat
pmusic-1.4.2
Psync-1.3
qdvdauthor_2.1.0+dfsg-0ubuntu3_i386.debian : dvd menus creator
qt4-4.3.2
scribus: well PAO designer
Startmount-0.5.3
Sylpheed-3.1.0b2-Lucid51xpidgin
testdisk-6.11.1+photorec_ok : photos files recuperation for cards
TiMidity++-2.13.0 : play midi files
VLC-1.0.6-Lucid :dvd player with subtitles and menus choise
Wbar_with_setup-1.3.3-Lucid
Wine-1.1.43-Lucid :
added
Kino-1.3.4
dvgrab-3.5: hdv dv grab
Amaya_wx-11.3.1 web editor
xgamma-gui
Firefox-3.6.6-Lucid in english, default browser
and some bugfix
Diaboluq Linux has created only for non-profit/educational personal purpose and released as a Open Source Operating System for arts.
This is a personal alpha release.To get your owns System go to http://puppylinux.com/faq.htm
I am uploading it as a courtesy for those with similar needs of multimedia expression.

Download Diaboluq
344 megas
Thanks to all contributors of puppy

Papos
Last edited by papos on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

papos

#2 Post by papos »

Sorry I have forgot some translation for desktop, es, de, etc...
you will find translation here: es, de etc...
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=59142
simply click on the pet

mikeslr

If interested in Multimedia, Give Diaboluq a try

#3 Post by mikeslr »

Dear papos:

Je vous remercie beaucoup. Which hopefully means "Thank you very much."

Noticing that Diaboluq came with a couple of Multimedia apps not generally available, I decided to give it a try. As I don't parle Français, I was pleased how easy it was to switch it to English, with one exception: Firefox. I know there is a way to change the default language from within Firefox itself, but I took the easy route and installed Firefox-3.6.3-Lucid using Puppy's Package Manager.
I can also report that my installation of Startmount, Grub4Dos, and install_flash_player_10_Linux went smoothly.

All Lucid based puplets have difficulty remembering my wireless settings. I have WEP encryption --Fios Router I can't change-- and use a wireless adapter employing the RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI Network Controller. So I thought I'd try Master Barry's Simple Network device, sn2.1.pet. Available here:
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/SimpleNetworkSetup

Initially, it was not successful. Then I remembered something I read while trying to use pwireless: If you've previously used the default network wizard you have to delete your old settings. Did that and was able to connect to the web using sns-2.1.

Edit: On reboot, network was properly configured: Opening Firefox took me to the web.

All the applications you've included appear to be working well. Just thought I'd take the time to thank you for the well-thought-out and executed Puplet, and to advise anyone interested that it appears to be very adaptable.

Thanks again,

MikesLr[/url]

p.s. Thought Diaboluq deserved a diabolical puppy, so I googled and flinched it. I think its called "dog in trouble."
Attachments
diablDskTop.jpg
(117.41 KiB) Downloaded 1117 times

papos

#4 Post by papos »

Thanks for report
<<Barry's Simple Network device
I have some broblem with then it comes by default
you can reactivate it by rename
/usr/local/simple_network_setup.back to /usr/local/simple_network_setup

<< I know there is a way to change the default language from within Firefox itself,
firefox has no optimized locale, I look for this.
Firefox-3.6.3-Lucid is not optimized using Puppy's Package Manager, after some surf it became slowly and big

translation es, de, : are now include
hdv capture dvgrab and kino for Thanksgiving shooting

p.s. I haved a black cat Satanas then a dog Diabolo, l for linux Lucid Puppy u for ubuntu, q for Quickset edition

papos

#5 Post by papos »

added some application for dv grab and webedition
Kino-1.3.4
dvgrab-3.5: hdv dv grab
Amaya_wx-11.3.1 web browser editor :integrate many W3C technologies.Amaya started as an HTML + CSS style sheets editor. support XML and an increasing number of XML applications such as the XHTML family, MathML, and SVG. It allows all those vocabularies to be edited simultaneously in compound documents.
xgamma-gui: to calibrate the RGB channels of the screen, is called from Menu/Setup/Setup-Wizard/Xorg-Video-Wizard. thanks emil
Firefox-3.6.6-Lucid is now in english by default, default browser
and some bugfix
Some sfs i have tested

* Go OpenOffice 3.2.1
This is Go Open Office. http://go-oo.org/ a fork of Open Office
Go-oo has built in OpenXML import filters and it will import your Works files. Compared with up-stream OO.o, it has better binary file support (with eg. fields support), and it will import WordPerfect graphics beautifully. If you are reliant on Excel VBA macros - then Go-oo offers the best macro fidelity too. If you expect your spreadsheets to calculate compatibly, or you get embedded Visio diagrams in your documents.

* Acrobat Reader useful, with certain pdf's it had to be right, to verify compatibility.
Acrobat Reader open pdf in firefox

* devx: use lupu_devx_511.sfs available from lupu_devx_511.sfs
take care:You have to relink /url/bin/python to /url/bin/python2.5 for openshoot.

Happy to produce song with 70 tracks of samples in lmms!

papos

#6 Post by papos »

Classify photos and videos
I have compiled Booh a very usefull photos videos explorer with thumbnails and static Web-Album generator, compiled with lupu511.
look at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=63639
you can install it in diaboluq by simply click on all the pet

It seems that some download of diaboluq.iso fails before the end
Use wget simply in a terminal
wget http://download.tuxfamily.org/diabolo/diaboluq-511.iso

or take a plugin with resume in your browser like LeechGet
for firefox DownThemAll
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... anagement/

nooby

#7 Post by nooby »

I used Jemimah's icewm pet to get 1024x768 on my Acer D250 which Jwm fails to do.

But I fail to get the Menu so I can not do other needed things that one reach through the menu.

Any idea how I can get the menu back?

And the tray things are missing too.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

ragaman

#8 Post by ragaman »

Any plans of upgrading Openshot to the latest version? It can now do 3d titling in combination with Blender. Really cool stuff.

Thanks papos for this awesome multimedia puplet.

papos

#9 Post by papos »

thanks for report
<<I used Jemimah's icewm pet to get 1024x768 on my Acer D250 which Jwm fails to do.
But I fail to get the Menu so I can not do other needed things that one reach through the menu.
>>
I haven't tested xfce with lupu511, I use jwm
I just take a look for xfe with your configuration fixmenus say that he can't find icewm-xdgmenu perhaps this old post from rarsa can help you . XFCE Menu for Puppy 1.0.9 http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy//viewtopic.php?t=8258.

I test diaboluq on a compaq laptop and see that if you don't change at first boot the country setting and don't save a session you have to click on [Menu/shutdown/refrech-desktop] to have all the menus.

See also that the numlock is activated on some laptop, very embarassing , you have to type in a console

Code: Select all

numlockx off

papos

#10 Post by papos »

<<Any plans of upgrading Openshot to the latest version? >>
Yes shure I plan to have Openshot1.3 https://code.launchpad.net/openshot with blender
I make some test with warry500 and luppu520
but first we have to complete python2.6
install bzr
test all fonctionality with new ffmpeg
and ...
for instant this version is more productive for me, well debuged and I can add multiple clip directly with drag and drop in project file.
I have to make a new final iso off diaboluq who integrate the tips

just a tip I remove the first page off amaya to gain 10meg you have just tu click on new doc

nooby

#11 Post by nooby »

[Menu/shutdown/refrech-desktop]

No that did not work there was no refresh-desktop there only restart x and restart icewm and shut off and reboot

Are there any cli command I could use. I've tried the fixmenus but that did not help either.

I remember vaguely that in one thread somebody had made some fix for menus after switch of desktop managers.

Maybe I used the wrong icewm? Which one do you recommend?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

papos

#12 Post by papos »

Sorry I can't help you with icewm while I don't use it, and i have no plan to support it.
but it seem's to work well in puppystudio3.3 http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60483
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64366

test icewm-1.3.6-i486-dpup.pet 618 KB at http://dejan555.dpup.org/icewm-1.3.6-i486-dpup.pet

eztuxer

#13 Post by eztuxer »

Salut papos !

Bravo pour ce pupplet multimedia.

Smooth install.

I need to add some subtitles on some MP4 videos (to translate into french), what software can handle this ?

I've tried subtitleeditor with puppy studio 3.3 but it was missing some codecs...

I have no video edition experience whatsoever. :-(
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

papos

#14 Post by papos »

I've tried subtitleeditor with puppy studio 3.3 but it was missing some codecs..
subtitleeditor 0.38.0 http://home.gna.org/subtitleeditor/ is the good program
i had this to my tasklist
in attempt you can convert MP4 videos
best regards

papos

#15 Post by papos »

I have released a rc version of diaboluq witch include fix and updates
with videothumbnails in filemanager, freetuxtv etc...

While now I have projects that i build whith this os, it's time to "ronger mon os" "gnaw my bones",
I rename this final version pupos-511
see first post or downlaod .iso http://download.tuxfamily.org/diabolo/ 346 meg md5sum:b8e96ed9145414156f22af53407aa4f8 pupos-511.iso
(if you don't save or change langage (us) thinks to actualize the desktop in menu session )
keyboard is now desactivate by default

new version update in pupos

A4 format postscript
Firefox-3.6.6-Lucid
firstrun-1.8.2
freetuxtv_0.5.2
Kino-1.3.4-Lucid
pburn-3.3.3
pcd-1.5
pidgin-facebookchat-1.68.deb
pmusic-1.6.2
puppy5.1wifidrivers_sup
Puppy5.1-WPA-hotfix
videothumbnail_dv-rm-flv-mp4
Wbar_with_setup-1.3.3-Lucid
xgamma-gui
xmorph-20090929-i386
If you create some artwork with and want to report here
good creation
Attachments
pupos_511.jpg
(69.49 KiB) Downloaded 3816 times

papos

#16 Post by papos »

better to use ffplay by default for large video files (gnome mplayer take a lot of time to initialize large files >1GB (click rig)ht button ffplay)
you can activate the total time label of videothumbnail, for this type in a console

#        /usr/local/apps/VideoThumbnail/AppRun
then click on mplayer option add time label

oui

video snapshot from TV emission in the browser

#17 Post by oui »

Hi

If one test version of diaboluq is yet free I will try to solve my actual problem and use it for following purpose, a purpose I have regulary along the year:

I look at my national tv chain with seamonkey (actually in quirky 1.2)

the url is

http://jt.france2.fr/20h

after the stream did start, it is possible to change the date and in my special case, I will look for the emission sended at the Tuesday the 31th May 2011 at 20h and being online only a short week...

why?

about at the 15th minutes of the emission, there is a reportage about the case Dominique Strauss-Kahn. In the reportage the star defensor of the poor woman dommaged by Strauss-Kahn, Norman SIEGEL, did make a interesting declaration about justice and I will
  • - save this declaration on my harddisk
  • - get the exact French translation given
  • - try to get the exact words used by Norman Siegel
what is to do to reach my goal?

the first difficulty was to wait 15 minutes :wink: :lol: before to reach the beginning point of the declaration: if I did cover the seamonkey windows with the video, the video stops :cry: ...
ok! I did reduce the size of this window and it was possible to open a second window for a better occupation (surf in in the puppy forum :wink: )

but I did find no way to save the video

and I did never until this date try to cut a news video of this type...

I suppose it is possible to do it with avidemux? perhaps it is possible to pipe the stream from firefox in diaboluq?

the most important problem is to save the emission before next tuesday (it stay only a week online).

can some one help me to discover the steps to do?

I would be interessting to begin to write after that a tutorial in French and German in the kind of following one processing print screens
this time not for «screen snapshot» but about «video snapshot» :wink: ...

thank you for each help!

chekrout

#18 Post by chekrout »

Papos, I downloaded your live CD for multimedia and it ran nicely on my Dell Latitude D-600. I did not find Kino on the desktop - didn't think to chechk Menu/multimedia I am wondering by what means I can capture DV files via Firewire with this pupos. Did not see the means. update I found kino by starting it with Terminal . I can now upload my DV files from minicamcorder. Thanks for your work to build this one. :D :D :D

papos

#19 Post by papos »

I did not find Kino on the desktop - didn't think to chechk Menu/multimedia
this is thrue if you don't personalize setting country setting,
you have to quit first and save a a configfile, reboot and you have all the menu!
or if you don't want to reboot or write a save file you have to type in a console

#fixmenus 
and click in the menus Shutdown_restartx server
like so you find a lot of application in menus!

I use this command in a console to grab in high quality my dv shoot;
click to open your largest filesystem ex:sda2 right click on window mnt/sda2 menu:Window_Terminal Here
type

#dvgrab -autosplit -size 1998 -cmincutsize 10 -rewind -showstatus name_of_file
-
(autosplit is each time you pusch the rec button)
with pupos you organize your shoots, while on pupos you have the thumbnails in rox of all your videos shoot make with camcorder, usb camera or download.
good day
papos