My Puppy is more gorgeous than yours!

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
acrocosm

4c2o - clean minimalism

#1481 Post by acrocosm »

Fluxbox with dyne (mod by me), shiki-statler icon theme from #!, delta-4c2o GTK (super-compact delta mod by me)

Running apps: rox, geany, nitrogen, dmenu, cmus, conky
Last edited by acrocosm on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

DM was on fire!

#1482 Post by DM was on fire! »

Everyone's desktops are looking great!
l0wt3ch, what tray are you using?

acrocosm

#1483 Post by acrocosm »

DM was on fire! wrote:Everyone's desktops are looking great!
it's just jwm and wbar

battleshooter

#1484 Post by battleshooter »

acrocosm wrote:
it's just jwm and wbar
Are you sure? Looks more like Icewm....

Anyone laying bets? :P

Battleshooter
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94580]LMMS 1.0.2[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94593]Ardour 3.5.389[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94629]Kdenlive 0.9.8[/url]

KusaNoKaito

#1485 Post by KusaNoKaito »

battleshooter wrote:
acrocosm wrote:
it's just jwm and wbar
Are you sure? Looks more like Icewm....

Anyone laying bets? :P

Battleshooter
The glossiness makes me think it's icewm as well.

puppyluvr

#1486 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
I`ll bet on JWM....Look at the clock...
@ Ed...100th page for this thread...
And I got 1st post.... :D
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

acrocosm

#1487 Post by acrocosm »

oh it's actually icewm

puppyluvr

#1488 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
:oops:
I thought 10wt3ch`s pic was JWM...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

battleshooter

#1489 Post by battleshooter »

puppyluvr wrote::D Hello,
:oops:
I thought 10wt3ch`s pic was JWM...
:P I win ;)

Battleshooter
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94580]LMMS 1.0.2[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94593]Ardour 3.5.389[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94629]Kdenlive 0.9.8[/url]

postfs1

#1490 Post by postfs1 »

To reedit up to date.
Last edited by postfs1 on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.

stu90

#1491 Post by stu90 »

Lucid puppy 5.2 using openbox WM and Tint2 panel instead of Fbpanel.

starhawk

#1492 Post by starhawk »

640x480, 16 colors -- pUPnGO 200810 running stock on an AMD K6 @ 233MHz, folks! This is what your past looks like!

Embrace the early 1990's as they never were! :lol: :lol: :lol:

runtt21

#1493 Post by runtt21 »

Coming soon Macpup 520

Q5sys

#1494 Post by Q5sys »

runtt21 wrote:Coming soon Macpup 520
Enlightenment looks so nice... one of you E guys really needs to make a SFS of it for others to play with. I just dont have the time to manually build it myself. hint hint. :wink:
Actually I think I may do just that later this week if I get a day off from work. I need something to waste some time. haha

EDIT: hmm... it seems someone has done just that. And here too as well :P

runtt21

#1495 Post by runtt21 »

for others to play with.
That is what macpup is for....

OK dude I will say it again. All of my work goes into macpup. That's my project. I don't do this .sfs bs. I know what needs to be fixed on both the puppy and e17 sides . Macpup has everything ready to go out of the box. We have been building pups for three years. We know what we are doing.

Q5sys

#1496 Post by Q5sys »

runtt21 wrote:
for others to play with.
That is what macpup is for....

OK dude I will say it again. All of my work goes into macpup. That's my project. I don't do this .sfs bs. I know what needs to be fixed on both the puppy and e17 sides . Macpup has everything ready to go out of the box. We have been building pups for three years. We know what we are doing.
First off so we are clear. Im not dissing your work at all, its great work and I love seeing what you come up with. That being said however, some of us have our own preferred puppy versions we like to work with. So in that case... Loading up MacPup does nothing for me. The point, in this case, of an SFS is so others (like myself) can potentially use E17 with their own puppy version. So a 'use my version' attitude doesnt help anyone who wants to use what they already use and prefer... just because they might want a different WM.
If you and/or others would rather spend all your time and energy on your own setups and not equally assist the community in making the same changes to theirs, that's fine; but dont get pissed off and call one of the strong features of puppylinux BS (the use of SFS files).

runtt21

#1497 Post by runtt21 »

I am not saying puppy's use of .sfs is BS. But this " you give me a .sfs cause I dont want your pup" thing is. And I have gotten that .I am sorry I took your comment that way.It's not a "use my version" at all. Anyone can get e17 from other people here. Ttuuxxx,MU , 01micko have all done it. Or they can build their own. This is a "my version is for my pup". I have helped here with lots of other issues for people.So don't think I don't help the community .

Q5sys

#1498 Post by Q5sys »

runtt21 wrote:I am not saying puppy's use of .sfs is BS. But this " you give me a .sfs cause I dont want your pup" thing is. And I have gotten that .I am sorry I took your comment that way.It's not a "use my version" at all. Anyone can get e17 from other people here. Ttuuxxx,MU , 01micko have all done it. Or they can build their own. This is a "my version is for my pup". I have helped here with lots of other issues for people.So don't think I don't help the community .
To quote myself, I said: "one of you E guys really needs to make a SFS of it for others to play with." I wasnt talking about You and only you. I meant someone out of all of you that work with Enlightenment. And as you can see by my edit... I did later find 2 others who did such. My original post talking in general as well as my edit listing the 2 versions I found were both prior to you telling me to use MacPup. I wasnt speaking to you directly... hence saying 'one of you E guys'.
I was talking in general about the community... so your direct response about you and 'OK dude I will say it again.' struck me as 'wow he's taking this personal'

Perhaps I mis-understood your "I don't do this .sfs bs." comment. But I've seen you other posts where you mention that all your work goes into Macpup. (in this thread and others) So when you then state "I know what needs to be fixed on both the puppy and e17 sides ." It comes across to me as a 'use mine or figure it out on your own.' I've yet to see you post about what changes you've made as a guide to others who wish to follow your path. If you have, please show me and I'll humbly apologize. :)
I'm here to learn. So using your or someone elses prefab'd puppy is nice... but then I wont learn much of anything. Yea I could fire up MacPup... but then what would I learn about building and configuring an enlightenment enviroment... nothing. I've never used Enlightenment, I knew i'd have to work out configuration things, so finding it precomiled would just help me be ahead of the ball in trying to learn how to use it.

runtt21

#1499 Post by runtt21 »

I took your post the wrong way . My bad. I apologize.

Q5sys

#1500 Post by Q5sys »

runtt21 wrote:I took your post the wrong way . My bad. I apologize.
And I apologize for not being as clear as I could have been. And I do look forward to your continued work with MacPup. :)