Opera 10 wont see my flash!

Using applications, configuring, problems
hondasid

#21 Post by hondasid »

So, a development. I took all the installed browsers out (making sure the libs stayed) and installed Opera 10.70 from portablelinuxapps.org. The problem persisted in the portable version as well. I have decided to abandon adding Opera to this project, however I will continue to use it elsewhere. I will be going through my Barebones build to try and correct this problem in the future and will make a note of this error on the release thread. Thank you guys for all of your help, even though I couldn't get it fixed.

Maybe this is the boost I needed to try and get Woof to work for me.
Instead of looking out Windows, I'm playing with my Puppy.

Sit Heel Speak

Solution for Opera flashplayer in Barebones-501

#22 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

OK, got it.

It is missing several of the files which in Lupu-501 are in
/usr/lib/seamonkey-1.1.18.

It is however a different set of missing files than are supplied at
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 346#477346.

The attached .sfs adds these missing libs to /usr/lib.

Also I added /sbin/ldconfig, the lack of which is not your fault, as it is missing in the original Lupu-501. This one is from Lupu-520.

Tested using the current Ubuntu .deb flashplayer downloaded from Adobe, and my
opera-11.01-1190.i386-SHSv3.sfs40.sfs. Note that this is an updated .sfs of Opera, I uploaded it just a few hours ago.

I would suggest that if you have Opera currently mounted, you uninstall it, reboot, and then get rid of any /root/.opera before installing this one, in other words start fresh.

My suggestion would be, you place
missing_libs_for_flashplayer_barebones_501.sfs
in /mnt/home, tell Boot Manager to load it, reboot, and then remaster it.

HTH, SHS

mikeslr

Missing Opera Flash Libs as a Pet

#23 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Thanks Sit Heel Speak for figuring out what was missing in order to run Flash in Opera under Barebones 501. I was exploring BB501, running Opera from mnt/home, and decided to repackage Sit Heel Speak's work as a pet. Should anyone else prefer it in that form, I've attached the pet. Hopefully, I didn't screw it up. (':)').
The pet is only the missing libs. You still have to install Adobe Flash into the OS on which you will run Opera, and of course, Opera.

mikesLr