Problem with remastering MacPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
salilgk

Problem with remastering MacPup

#1 Post by salilgk »

Hi

I am doing remastering for the first time. I followed the remastering guide in Puppy site. What I did is - booted system with MacPup CD, added firefox, LAMP server, changed theme and remastered. My idea is to have a bootable web server to give demo of my work. Every thing went fine except for the following thing.

When remastered cd came up, it prompt for display hardware selection by user. I selected one best resolution. When it came up my theme was not set. Also I couldn't find firefox installed.

Not sure how to start trouble shoot.

Thanks
Salil

salilgk

#2 Post by salilgk »

To be precise the screen I can see when system boot with my remastered puppy is "Pyppy Video Wizard". There I have three options <Probe> <Choose> and <vesa>. If I select Probe, it gives next screen where I need to select screen resolution. There I selected one option and there on it works good. How do I resolve this issue and get puppy probe itself and select the 'best' resolution for screen ?

Other problem is - the customisation I do for the theme and background etc are not reflected in the remastered image. is there any special settings to be done or can I change some files during remastering process ?

Thanks
Salil

runtt21

#3 Post by runtt21 »

I have never tried to remaster Macpup, I built it from the ground up. So I cant help you with the video probe thingie.Sorry.

As for your other issues you need to run the remaster script again and when it comes to the part where it says it has created /tmp/root open rox, go over to /tmp and delete the root folder in there. Then open rox again , leave the first rox open in /tmp ,use the second rox to copy your /root folder into /tmp. Do not move ,Copy. Then continue with the remaster until it says the same thing about /tmp/ect . Do the same thing for the /etc folder that you did with /root. Good luck.

salilgk

#4 Post by salilgk »

Thanks - I will try this out and let you know how that goes .. This time I will original Puppy linux only.

Thanks
Salil

Pelo

Macpup 5.2.8 remasterized with kernel 3.0.25

#5 Post by Pelo »

Macpup 5.2.8 remasterized with kernel 3.0.25 for audio and wireless connection on my laptop Medion P7624.
Playing Music to-day with songbird and LXmusic download from the PPM (Updated 2016).
Better than our Puppies without FFmpeg born recently..
Attachments
LXmusic.jpg
Lxmusic is light, a good choice not only for LXDE
(74.67 KiB) Downloaded 174 times