Teamviewer>>Now possible??

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
tronkel

#21 Post by tronkel »

Here is a new download link to a rebuilt teamviewer.pet. New name is teamviewer_wine.pet.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-e3aa28b8.html

This is a different location to the last one, so if you want pictures of naked women as well, then you'll probably be disappointed.

The only difference between these files is that teamviewer_wine.pet has an additional symlink included so that Wine can be started from a terminal in order to enable other programs to run under Wine as well.

Please test and let me know if this set-up actually works for running MS stuff.

I haven't tested this with Puppy 4.3.1 yet and I believe it doesn't work with this. Probably a missing dependency. When I manage to find some time, I'll set up 4.3.1 and have a look at the problem.
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#22 Post by Lobster »

Thanks Jack - just passed it on
No worries about the missing prawn :lol:

I managed to get wine myprog.exe
working OK in Lucid 00 as well as Teamviewer

right clicking on an exe and selecting set run action allowed me to enter
wine "$@"
so now any exe can be run with wine :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

tronkel

#23 Post by tronkel »

OK good.

I've just been playing with MS stuff running under Wine and seems to basically work - albeit with the usual Wine caveats - i.e. it won't run every MS program - far from it.

Here is a tip if you want to experiment with Windows programs running under Linux (after you have installed teamviewer_wine.pet).

Go here: http://www.liberkey.com/

From here you can download the Liberkey Suite of Windows portable applications. The big version has 287 Windows portable apps and you can install more if you want. You can even update the suite to the latest versions and synchronise them on-line.

Not everything works under Wine of course, but a lot of good stuff actually does. e.g. RadioSure has over 12000 streaming radio stations.

Lupo is another similar suite that you could also try here:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Both of these systems can be installed to either hard disk or to a USB flash drive.

Both contain only freeware/shareware. Great fun. I can thoroughly recommend them for experimenting in Puppy/Wine

cthisbear

#24 Post by cthisbear »

RadioSure...another great program.

Thanks again Mr T.

But I sure miss those women.

Chris.

cthisbear

#25 Post by cthisbear »

Ok. Tried the newer pet in Puppy 4.3.1

No go.

Tried to look in your wine packages to activate Wine.
No go.

Ran technosaurus?? wine pet.

It wanted Gecko updates...let that run.

Tried Teamviewer...no go.

Went to the Wine file in menu...
this activates the other Wine files to show up later in
the menu??

Located root >>> .teamviewer >>> 5 >>

>>>drive_c >>>> Program Files >>> Teamviewer >>

>>>> version 5 >>> TeamViewer.exe >>>

Now it works but my head is Spinning.

So Mr T is there any way you could also give me
a revised Puppy Pet. for the Puppy 4 series releases.

Sorry if I was a bit vague mate.
Quite possibly I could have approached it from another angle
and I appreciate that you built this for Lucid which I
will reboot next and try your update.

And I do thank you again for your input.
In all fairness I think that we should blame this on

01micko for not helping out on this.
No mercy from moi Mick.

Regards....Chris.

cthisbear

#26 Post by cthisbear »

Update Mr T.

Your update works from the menu as stated in Lucid Pup.

Can't find Wine.

Go to >>> /usr/bin >>> see teamviewer >>> click on >>>
it works...>>>> drag to desktop>>>click>>>it works.

Do the same to Wine as above >>> Zero.

OK >>> tried Hitman Pro >>> Nothing.

"""
Dr.Web CureIt!

http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/

Dr Web Cureit stand alone file works...handy.

Set the run action and dragged Wine from the desktop
into the set run action >>> and it works.

So there must be something not quite ready for Wine to work.
Sorry mate.

Chris

tronkel

#27 Post by tronkel »

@cthisbear

Wine has only been set up to run from a terminal. You need to go to the folder where the exe for the Windows program file that you wish to run sits and do:

wine ./"name of your exe".

This has only been tested in Quirky so far. I believe at also works in Lupu 008. Only a subset of Windows programs run properly under Wine, but this version of Wine seems to be better than most. Wine improves with age!

juanrra242

just 11 secs of remote conection.

#28 Post by juanrra242 »

I´ve downloaded the deb/ubuntu 32 bits teamviwer package and installed it on last puppy version , i connect from a w7 computer via lan or intenet and i only get a 11secs session.Teamviewer closes in puppy at 11 secs of conection.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

tronkel

#29 Post by tronkel »

@juanrra242

I wonder if your curtailed Teamviewer session could be due to a firewall either at your end or at the other end of the connection.

Or what about the LAN you are using. Since Teamviewer is not much liked by network admins, there may be a permissions policy problem as regards the use of Teamviewer on the network.

There is a demo available that Teamviewer offers from the main client.
Does this connect OK?

How about trying to connect via a proxy?

juanrra242

Its running now!!!

#30 Post by juanrra242 »

Hi , i managed to find a vnc server that works great with puppy ,x11vnc .Just download and run it .No problems when i conect from windows with any vcnviewer.
Thanks!!!

dinosoep

#31 Post by dinosoep »

thank you for the pet, going to try it now
it didn't made a menu entry though.

and @tronkel
please do never recomend luppopensuite to someone, it is a copy of the portableapps menu with nearly no modifications and he claims he made it. :)

cthisbear

#32 Post by cthisbear »

dinosoep:

Teamviewer >>in Lucid Pup.

After installing it shows up in the menu >> in Internet.

In other Puppy versions ...

Go to >>> /usr/bin

>>> see teamviewer
>>> click on >>>

it works...

>>>> drag to desktop>>>click again...as a test

>>>it works.

Chris.

dinosoep

#33 Post by dinosoep »

yeah,I was to impatient there is a menu entry now :)
it works but when I try to connect it freezes after 3 seconds
I'll retest it later

DLWood

#34 Post by DLWood »

I just installed the PET package in Lucid 5.0, and it does connect with another Linux OS running the "final" TeamViewer for Linux, version 5.0.8888. It connects just fine from the other Linux box, but if I try to remotely reposition a window on the Lucid box, the "move" function gets stuck and won't let the mouse go. I found that if I click the middle roller wheel on the Lucid box, it will let go, and the cursor returns to normal.

Wonder if this PET can be updated to include the latest TeamViewer version, and not the Beta that's in it now???

Many thanks!!

sidders

#35 Post by sidders »

Teamviewer 6.
I have followed Tronkels lead, taken the Deb, commented out a few lines in the teamviewer script so it wont complain about running in root.

This has been made and tested in Lupu 5. although i expect it will work in other Puppies.

The tests were limited to Pup 5.11 and 5.2 to Windows XP and back again, and just using the remote control feature. So probably needs a more rigorous run.

Its here:
http://www.filefront.com/17775899/teamviewer6.pet

md5sum cf00769feff3153ca55a7d7bf21771b4

Hope its ok

seaside

#36 Post by seaside »

sidders wrote:Teamviewer 6.
I have followed Tronkels lead, taken the Deb, commented out a few lines in the teamviewer script so it wont complain about running in root.

This has been made and tested in Lupu 5. although i expect it will work in other Puppies.

The tests were limited to Pup 5.11 and 5.2 to Windows XP and back again, and just using the remote control feature. So probably needs a more rigorous run.

Its here:
http://www.filefront.com/17775899/teamviewer6.pet

md5sum cf00769feff3153ca55a7d7bf21771b4

Hope its ok
In case anyone would prefer to run as a user instead of root, you can download and install the .deb file as it is in Puppy 431 and higher, directly from http://www.teamviewer.com/download/

Before installing the .deb file do the following:

Just paste this code in a newly created file named "teamviewer.desktop" and place it in "/usr/share/applications"

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Teamviewer
Icon=/opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/6/desktop/teamviewer.png
Comment=Remote Desktop Application
Exec=su -c /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/6/bin/teamviewer spot 
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=X-Internet
GenericName= teamviewer
You'll now launch Teamviewer as user "spot"

Cheers,
s

Indy

#37 Post by Indy »

Terrific! I got it to work on my Puppy 5.0.1.

Note, I installed the .deb version.

I thought I'd share a couple of wrinkles I had to iron out:
  • Teamviewer complained about running as root so I went with seaside's suggestion above about editing teamviewer.desktop. I don't remember exactly what happened but after installing the .deb, I had to re-enter seaside's code to run as user spot.
  • There were some permission problems with teamviewer failing to create symlinks in /root/spot. To fix, in Rox, I did a right-click on /root/spot to look at Properties, then I ticked the 2nd and 3rd Write boxes. That is, I ticked them all. (Later, once I could run Teamviewer, I unticked those latter two Write boxes and teamviewer still seemed to work.)

Interestingly, after I got it running, I tried to exit without connecting to anything (because I had no one to connect to) and I was prompted to test using TeamViewer's demo server, which I did, and it worked.

Good stuff. Currently, when I have to support someone remotely, I use Crossloop running under XP running under VirtualBox running under Puppy. Whew! This way should be much better!

Thanks to all involved!

Indy

seaside

#38 Post by seaside »

Indy wrote:]Teamviewer complained about running as root so I went with seaside's suggestion above about editing teamviewer.desktop. I don't remember exactly what happened but after installing the .deb, I had to re-enter seaside's code to run as user spot.[/list]
indy,

Yes, if you don't create the "teamviewer.desktop" file before installing the .deb file and then only run teamviewer from the "teamviewer.desktop" file, you'll get the "running as root" complaints.

If "teamviewer" isn't in the menu system under menu>internet, run in a terminal "fixmenus" and then "jwm -restart".

I must say, I've used teamviewer a number of times and it has yet to fail. A very clever and well thought out product to assist others remotely.

Regards,
s

Marek M.

works well with Puppy 5.2 and Win Vista, both ways

#39 Post by Marek M. »

I tried it also with Puppy 5.2 on Virtualbox as guest and Win Vista as host, works too. Thank you!

DLWood

#40 Post by DLWood »

seaside wrote:
Yes, if you don't create the "teamviewer.desktop" file before installing the .deb file and then only run teamviewer from the "teamviewer.desktop" file, you'll get the "running as root" complaints.
If you happen to install the .deb file first, you can still create the "teamviewer.desktop" file and then install the .deb file again. A TeamViewer icon will be in the Internet section of the Menu. I'm writing this post from another Linux distro/computer using TeamViewer6 to access the Lucid Puppy 5.2 computer with the fresh installation of TeamViewer6.