Macpup 511

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
runtt21

#141 Post by runtt21 »

The AL Luxe MP theme ,should be done tomorrow.

maxpro4u

#142 Post by maxpro4u »

runtt21 wrote:TTuuxxx said
I really don't like dark backgrounds
Sorry but the next one is very black,reminds me a lot of tron type stuff.

Max
change my keyboard to compaq presario
What did you do ? Plug a different keyboard into your laptop?
no-I was trying to get the music,email,internet,&search hotkeys to work and thought that using a different keyboard setting might work. I was able to get the volume keys working using the bindkeys setting but the other keys do not show up.
Dell D610 1.7M w/1024mb
Testing Slacko and a few others
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236

runtt21

#143 Post by runtt21 »

Dude, I have no idea how to set those up. I understand what you're talking about but If they don't show up under keybindings you may be out of luck on that.

runtt21

#144 Post by runtt21 »

The MP511-LuxeMP-1.pet is now up on my macpup Page.

But not with this background......
[url]http://macpup.org/runtt21[/url]

Eyes-Only

#145 Post by Eyes-Only »

LOL!! "but not with this background." What a tease you are dude! :lol: That "Tron" theme background/wallie is simply... well?... steals your breath away, huh? Wowzers!

Myself though? I can't wait until that holiday theme is finished. My wife still loves the couple of blue themes - can't recall their names off the top of my head but I use the boat wallie 99% - and I know she'll go wild for the holiday one!

Keep up the great work runtt!

Puppy just keeps getting more n' more fun! :D

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

maxpro4u

#146 Post by maxpro4u »

Dell D610 1.7M w/1024mb
Testing Slacko and a few others
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236

Eyes-Only

#147 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks Max!! :D That's very much appreciated!

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

racepres

#148 Post by racepres »

As posted in the Macpup forum. I am using Macpup 511 on my latest "aquisition"!!! Lovin every minute of it!!
I too can't wait for the "Holiday" theme.
Great ... No, Amazing job on this version of Macpup. :shock:
Thanks
RP

runtt21

#149 Post by runtt21 »

Sorry guys but I promised Agust I would wait until he releases his version of the Holiday theme around the 22nd.

And once I get past Christmas (I work in retail) I will post a how to on themes.

runtt21

#150 Post by runtt21 »

runtt21

#151 Post by runtt21 »

Agust released his version of the holiday theme today and said mine can go too .So the MP511-Holiday-1.pet is now up on my macpup page. Enjoy :D
[url]http://macpup.org/runtt21[/url]

puppyluvr

#152 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Nice sig... 8)
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

racepres

#153 Post by racepres »

runtt21 wrote:Agust released his version of the holiday theme today and said mine can go too .So the MP511-Holiday-1.pet is now up on my macpup page. Enjoy :D
Thanks to Both of y'all!!
RP

Edit: Never Mind!!! It's back.

runtt21

#154 Post by runtt21 »

Very Happy Nice sig... Cool
That's cause CatDude made it :D

racepres, whats back? Did something leave? :lol:

runtt21

#155 Post by runtt21 »

Today A How to on making changes to the cursor.

Go to menu-settings-settings panel then under the look tab go down to mouse cursor. Here you can change the size of the cursor.
Attachments
curser.jpg
(36.42 KiB) Downloaded 1881 times

Hawkey

#156 Post by Hawkey »

Hio runtt21 & Co.,

Making it short: I really like Macpup 511 :)

After I spend some time with Linux Mint - I searched for a leight-weight distribution for my netbook, which still offers me some unique features. I did some experiments with LXDE until I accidentaly found Macpup 511. Although I was sceptical (~ how could such a small distro which just extends a small Puppy be real usefull), I got immediately hooked by it. I often make silly jokes about apples-retarted-OS, wich doesn't allow a right click at the desktop to create something. Well - even though the elements of Macpup resembles the Mac OSX graphics, it got its own style. Thanks Enlightment I can acess everything at the Desktop right away. So it doesn't just look good and runs smooth, but also gives an easy acess to the software :D

I allready installed it as my second OS (~ I'am using a HP 5101 mini) - but unfortunately I can't switch completly from Windows 7, since there are still some things that disturbs me. Hopefully you can give me some advice for these and assist :cry:

1.) I can't get into the internet !
Well, I can't acess my network drivers. Neither for ethernet nor Wifi. The netbook should contain a "Broadcom 4353" (14e4) as a network controller and a "Marvell Techn. 436c" as a ethernet controller. At first I tried the provided/discribed ones, but unfortunately they don't work. Afterwards I tried to use NDISwrapper to get the windows driver working at Macpup - this doesn't work neither. It allways says that the interface etc. can't be used/loaded. If I reboot into the OS it shows methe ethernet connection with "eth 0" - but if I put a cable into the port, the recognition instantly vanishes and can't be found again...

2.) Some settings can't be saved
I don't know if it really matters - but some settings I ticked won't be changed after a reboot. Currently the only thing I can see is the decision about the bootup starting animation if enlightment. Even though I ticked the box that it doesn't show up again next time - it does (~ the box is unticked again)...

3.) I can't set up a root password etc.
I have to admit that I'am new in this whole Linux stuff. Although I allready tried a few distros, I allways had to set up a root password (~ since there are often more users). I really like the idea of having root acess the whole time, but sometimes I get the feeling that I probably should create a PW just for the case that I will be asked :oops:
Furthermore I don't use 4 Desktops at a time and would rather like to have some "space" between my toogle windows and the application bar/dock. A seperation like a "|" would probably be enough, but I can't find the option to just add a colored symbol at the X-manager...

Would be great if you could help me :wink:

PS: Perhaps you could consider the BURG-Manager instead of GRUB. I like the idea of a graphical polished interface to choose the partion to boot :o

bwh1969

acpi bindings only kind of working?

#157 Post by bwh1969 »

I think the acpi bindings partially work and here is why:

If I delete the binding (i.e. AC Adapter Unplugged) and add new binding, then unplug the adapter, it adds back the "AC Adapter Unplugged" but the event does not do the requested action. It does not bring the brightness down like is listed, nor does it execute a script that I made. The script does bring the brightness down if I launch it manually. Even if I set up up, log out and then back in, it does not work. Nor does it work after a puppy save / reboot.

None of the items there work all the way, although the actual events do seem to send a signal... it is just that the signal does not trigger the event I want it to.

If I go into "Key bindings" and assign a key (like ctrl + "down"), my script also works (just to check my script works).

runtt21

#158 Post by runtt21 »

@Hawkey in puppy or macpup you dont just have root access you are root.You're the boss you tell the system what to do. You can change the root password by running this in the terminal:

Code: Select all

passwd root
I can't help you with wifi ,I dont have or use it.Next time you boot up have your Ethernet cable plugged in first then boot up and run the set up wizard.Desktop have been covered in the thread already as well as making a save option .One way of doing what you want with the bottom shelf is to change a setting for the ibar.Right click on an icon ,then high lite gadget ibar and then appearance. BY default it is set to plain.

Change it to inset.

Another thing you could do is making a new shelf ,like in the top right, and moving the pager there.
Last edited by runtt21 on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 23:33, edited 2 times in total.

runtt21

#159 Post by runtt21 »

This is cool, I like the
but Macpup is a different world
part. :lol:

http://ubuntulook.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... e-and.html

runtt21

#160 Post by runtt21 »

To make changes to the start up boot splash screen open the settings panel. Go to startup under the look tab.

click there to open the startup settings window.

Here you can select different start up splash screens or turn them off if you want a black screen while e17 loads. Each theme has its a copy od the default splash.