Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:49
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Macpup 511
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 3 of 19 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 17, 18, 19 Next
runtt21

PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov 2010, 22:11    Post_subject:  

I have uploaded the MP511-themes-6.pet it has the theme from my itaskng shot. It's on my macpup page now.
joel

PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov 2010, 23:34    Post_subject:  

Runtt: well as i said its not just composite thats causing e to crash thats just the one i know will set it off without fail. other things like adjusting the ibar icons crash it also. I guess ill just stick with opera2, thanks though.
adnuri

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:12    Post_subject: wonderful  

Wonderful,

Thanks for runtt21 and team for the great puplet. I love macpup very much and have been waiting so long in 511 uniform.
I will continue my project puppylib based on macpup.
Thanks guys!!

ade
http://puppylib.open-lib.net
http://open-lib.net/degex
russoodle

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 11:17    Post_subject:  

Congrats, runtt and Prit....MP511 is fast, sleek and oh-so-visually-appealing.

I've installed it onto one of those ridiculously tiny 4GB keyring flash drives, (must be all of about 1" or 2.5cm long..), and so far - so good Very Happy

I see it's #8 at DW.....great job and thank you for all the effort you've put into this!

Rock on Cool

PS: Downloadable also from my server:
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/MacpupE17/Macpup_511.iso
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/MacpupE17/Macpup_511.md5.txt

user: puppy
pawsword: linux

Edited_time_total
cgt_1991

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 16:49    Post_subject:  my opinion about 511 macpup  

Good day to all users:

download the new version of macpup, at first I was impressed, very nice default theme and additional modules had never seen, the module that charm me most was one called "composite" but to turn off my macpup appeared to me an error saying to disable the module "gadgets", the restart could not reactivate the module "gadgets" and had to reinstall my usb macpup of 2 gb.
also to run the ITask-ng the same error appeared to me he appeared to the user "joel" reflections of the icons giving me an error identical to him.
to have these 2 mistakes I thought I had downloaded the macpup incorrectly, but probe the md5sum and coincided with the page runtt21

the new module "everything" and the module "forecasts" are great and it works perfectly, I love.

in conclusion this macpup is very stable, (Best macpup in my opinion) e17 beta has many developments and lucid puppy also 5.1.1, the only two negative points for me are the modules "composite" and ITask-ng, no is whether these problems are due to incompatibility with my hardware.

I congratulate runtt21 to PRIT and all macpup collaborators, a lot of work that will revolutionize how to use linux puplets.

thanks and excuse my language English with google translator.
puppyluvr

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 18:33    Post_subject:  

Very Happy Hello runtt from Macpup 511..
Running a shared Opera install..
Frugal install..
The usual specs...
Intel P3/600mhz
384mb Ram
i810 video and audio
2gb Hdd
22" acer lcd

OK... So far..........
Fantastic!!... Booted fine, saved settings fine, gadgets and modules running smooth. Havnt installed anything or jacked w/ anything yet...
Be back... Cool

Puppy since 2.15CE...
runtt21

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 18:34    Post_subject:  

joel This version of e is very different from the 061 version. To move the app icons around on the ibar you need to use the ibar settings window,I am in the process of starting a guide for this build. There is so much new stuff that it is going to take a while. Please have some patience. E is moving towards a single setting window that runs everything.

I have updated the first thread post.
runtt21

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 20:35    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Ibar info

This first How to is about the ibar. Macpup has one ibar on the bottom shelf.It hold all of the app icons.The ibox is to the left of the ibar .When you minimize an app it becomes an icon in the ibox. There are two way to change the apps that the ibar holds.The first is to open the settings panel either from the main menu or the settings icon at the right end of the bottom shelf. Once you open the panel go to the applications tab.

Click on ibar application and the next window will open . Use the selection to add the applications you want, then apply .

Use the order tab to arrange the icons.Then apply.

You can also right click on an icon or in the ibar. You will get option for the icon,ibar and shelf. Selecting ibar will give you more options.Contents will open the ibar application window.Settings will give you other ibar options.Move to will send this ibar to a different shelf if you have another one.

This is the ibar settings window. It will allow you to make or change different app list. You can set up different ibars with their own apps on the same or different desktops.Once you make or select a different list click on setup to set it's app list.

Edited_time_total
runtt21

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 20:48    Post_subject:
Sub_title: icon settings

This is the How to for changing an apps icon on the ibar. Right click on an icon then select properties.

The desktop entry editor will open.Go to the icon tab and click on the icon.

The select an icon window is a file manage that will open where the current icons is . Us go up a directory to leave that folder and move to another.Double click a folder to open it.

Go to the new icon, select it and click ok.

That will send you back to the desktop entry editor and there you click apply. Then close.

And done.

puppyluvr

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 21:02    Post_subject:  

Very Happy Hello,
runtt21...On the top of page 2...How did you achieve the "wbar like" icon zoom????

Puppy since 2.15CE...
runtt21

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov 2010, 21:23    Post_subject:  

Thats Itaskng. First install the MP511-themes-6.pet How to make that shot. Menu-settings-shelves.Move the bottom shelf to the top left in the shelf settings window.Then make it transparent. Open the settings panel go over to extensions. Click on itaskng and add. Adjust settings from there Put it on the bottom, As noted by joel it looks like poop anywhere else.Get rid of the background box. It will load up with the default ibar icons you can change it to have it's own list.
coolcantona

PostPosted: Fri 19 Nov 2010, 09:25    Post_subject:  

@ puppyluvr

Of course Runtt21's answer is the definitive one, as this is his baby - but an alternative is just install wbar from the repos for the same effect. That's what I did.

@Runtt21
Congratulations, this really is another lovely piece of work.
jeffmitch

PostPosted: Fri 19 Nov 2010, 17:48    Post_subject: macpup 511
Sub_title: black screen

Firstly, great job you guys (been hoping for a fast op system using Enlightenment ). Thing is, i have an odd problem with this one, whenever i click close or minimize, wether it be on a browser, a folder, or an application, my screen goes completely black for about 2 or 3 seconds, then comes back to normal, same thing happens when clicking okay or cancel on any notifications, such as, "do you want to install this" (when i downloaded Firefox), clicking "okay" the screen blacks out, then returns after 2 or 3 secs,
Yep i know it does the same thing when altering settings, but this ain't like that, as the desktop is exactly as it oughta be, before the black out, including any apps or folders etc. still being there ....... any ideas?

running, at the moment, live cd, on an amd64 dual core, 2 gig ram, an ATI graphics card ( series 5 xxx ) using the Vesa driver as the X-org driver gives me a totally black screen leaving me with the restart button as the only option?
jeff
P123

PostPosted: Fri 19 Nov 2010, 18:20    Post_subject: Midori - YouTube  

For some reason Midori is unable to sign in to my YouTube account, but so long as I do not try to do this it works fine & other browsers do not have the same problem.
runtt21

PostPosted: Fri 19 Nov 2010, 18:32    Post_subject:  

Today is a good day . Fourth day of the new release and we are back up to # 5 at distrowatch. Very Happy

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

As far as Itaskng goes please wait for the Howto .It really is cool . In a few weeks when I have time I will try to recompile it with out the reflections cause that is what is messing things up for everyone.If I don't get to it ,I will when I build the next macpup.

jeffmitch I dont have access to a Amd64 machine, this is going to be hard for me to trouble shoot. I have run opera2 on a hp laptop that had that processor and it really had problems.Not like yours. The first thing I would suggest is to change wm's to icewm and see how it runs with that.

P123 remember this version of Midori is cut down and not really for the web I would recommend using something else.

FYI dont use arora with photobucket.
day4.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   21.91 KB
 Viewed   3819 Time(s)

day4.jpg

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 19 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 17, 18, 19 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum