What about DVD-RAM

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
otropogo

What about DVD-RAM

#1 Post by otropogo »

Have just upgraded to pburn 3.2.6 under Puppy 4.3.1.

Ever hopeful, I slipped a 2-3X blank DVD-RAM disk into the burner and opened pburn. Pburn showed it as a blank DVD with 4.7GB available.

I then lined up about 1.2GB of data files in three directories to burn to the disk, and things started appearing strange. Instead of 1.2 GB, pburn showed only 1.2MB scheduled to burn.

I went ahead anyway, and pburn dsiplayed:

"checking media ... building command"

And nothing happened. The drive light showed no access, there were no error messages. After waiting for 10 minutes or more, I closed pburn (which complied without protest). and on reopening, the disk was still deemed blank and with 4.7GB available.

Why is it that Puppy can't read or write to DVD-RAM while SLAX can?
otropogo@gmail.com facebook.com/otropogo

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

WARNING: Sorry, Otropogo...I'm not going to be helpful...

I'm running Lucid Puppy 501 and the 3.2.3 version of PBurn and have the same problems when try to burn a DVD and when try to continue a multisession disc...
The same recorder succeds on differents circunstances (using Bashburn on Quirky or even Nero trial on my dear LuPu501, for example).
Somebody knows the way of succed with DVD-burning process on PBurn?

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

GustavoYz wrote:WARNING: Sorry, Otropogo...I'm not going to be helpful...

I'm running Lucid Puppy 501 and the 3.2.3 version of PBurn and have the same problems when try to burn a DVD and when try to continue a multisession disc...
The same recorder succeds on differents circunstances (using Bashburn on Quirky or even Nero trial on my dear LuPu501, for example).
Somebody knows the way of succed with DVD-burning process on PBurn?
Please upgrade to the latest version.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=155668

Sigmund