java browser working

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

yarddog

Luci-232 New Version Oct 18

#242 Post by yarddog »

Stripe wrote:hi all

I agree with tubeguy and use the full deb package for deadbeef, (its less than 2mb) but imho it's worth it for the extra features/quality.

hope this helps
Stripe
the new feature I like is the addition of equalizer which provides much better sound quality

it just keeps getting better and better

keep up the good work guys
yarddog

Iguleder

#243 Post by Iguleder »

I uploaded an Amarok SFS, it needs testing, see my previous reply. If it works well I'll make K3B and Koffice SFSs too.

Squeeze is kinda stuck at the moment so my working hands belong to you in the immediate future :)

EDIT: playdayz ... 232 ... does it use Lucid packages?
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

playdayz

#244 Post by playdayz »

Courtesy of jim1911, here is an sfs of LibreOffice 3.3

http://diddywahdiddy.net/Lucid_Puppy/Li ... 2_sfs4.sfs

I checked and a group just broke from Oracle and took a branch of Open-Office with them, renamed LibreOffice. They are supposedly supported by many companies including Ubuntu and Novell, and will supposedly use some Novell developed filters for MS compatibility. But I thought that was exactly what GO-OpenOffice was doing, Novell and all.

This is an update to the url and the package.

playdayz

#245 Post by playdayz »

EDIT: playdayz ... 232 ... does it use Lucid packages?
Lucid-232 uses some Lucid packages and some Maverick packages. I can provide a list of which are mav packages. Basically all of the updates--I will fill out this list later today. These use maverick binaries.

Geany 0.19.1
Sylpheed 3.1.0b2 with Gnu Privacy Guard
Gnumeric 1.10.8
Mplayer 1.0rc4 (and ffmpeg--includes vpx and i686-specific libraries--adjusted for performance)
Gnome-mplayer 0.9.9.2
Gecko-mediaplayer 0.9.9.2
mhwavedit from 1.4.16 to 1.4.20

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help Required on Openbox Menu

As many know, if you right-click on the desktop you get the Openbox menu. If you select Multimedia, you get Multimedia, and if you select Multimedia, you get Multimedia....

I have tried the things I think should have worked /etc/xdg/openbox, and /root/.config/openbox, but nothing I do makes any difference at all. I would appreciate any help--well, really, I would prefer a total fix ;-)
Last edited by playdayz on Tue 26 Oct 2010, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

playdayz

#246 Post by playdayz »

Ive been using 5.1 as the main version since it was released, after using 232 it is now a backup.

The one thing I noticed straightaway was better video performance.
YES! <pump fist>

We did a lot on that. 1) latest gnome-mplayer from maverick; 2) latest mplayer from maverick; 3) latest ffmpeg libraries (libavcodec, etc) from medibuntu; 4) provide ffmpeg libraries optimized for i686; 5) mplayer is set to use a 2MBH cache; 6) mplayer is set for max postprocessing.
Last edited by playdayz on Mon 25 Oct 2010, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

playdayz

#247 Post by playdayz »

Iguleder, the Amarok sfs did not quite work. It seemed like it tried to change the window manager??? Because when I rebooted X failed to start, but the commnad 'xwin openbox' got X started again. In trying to run the amarokapp, I got these messages. These KDE apps are a nightmare, imho--01micko and I both have been stymied.

Code: Select all

# ./amarok
Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.
# ./amarokapp
./amarokapp: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# ./amarokapp
./amarokapp: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# ./amarokapp
./amarokapp: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
# 

upnorth

re:openbox menu

#248 Post by upnorth »

Here is what worked for me:

Edit the file /etc/xdg/menus/puppy-multimedia.menu
-replace all instances of the term MultimediaSub with somethingelseSub

i changed it to MultimediasSub, but it seems you could change it to multimediaSub if that would make it a different entity.

The other option, I think Shinobar figured this out awhile ago, is use an older libgnome-menu, as in Barry's builds. But this makes for flatter menus with the exact same default config in /etc/xdg.

playdayz

#249 Post by playdayz »

The most wanted item for Lucid 5.2 is a lean, full-featured chat client to replace ayttm. This is a hard order.

Another hard item would be a lean, static build of the latest midori, about the same size as the one we are using (to get that size technosurus left out ssl--which I think would be necessary to leave out).

Otherwise the main design goals, from the first thread in this discussion are coming togethernciely.

playdayz

#250 Post by playdayz »

Edit the file /etc/xdg/menus/puppy-multimedia.menu
-replace all instances of the term MultimediaSub with somethingelseSub Thanks upnorth. That will make it work correctly, as an end-user fix, but if we are lucky maybe it will fix it as built by Woof.

Jim1911

#251 Post by Jim1911 »

playdayz wrote:Courtesy of jim1911, here is an sfs of LibreOffice 3.3

http://diddywahdiddy.net/Lucid_Puppy/Li ... 2_sfs4.sfs
I checked and a group just broke from Oracle and took a branch of Open-Office with them, renamed LibreOffice. They are supposedly supported by many companies including Ubuntu and Novell, and will supposedly use some Novell developed filters for MS compatibility. But I thought that was exactly what GO-OpenOffice was doing, Novell and all.

This is an update to the url and the package.
playdayz,
Thank you for hosting this sfs.

LibreOffice_3.3.0_beta2_sfs4.sfs works fine on Puppy Lucid 5.1.1, Base 5.2 (2.3,1 and 2.3.2), and Wary 0.9.2. Java is also needed for some functions to work. It works fine with jre-1.6.0.20 which is the current version downloaded by Quickpet.

@all
Please report any problems on thisthread

Thanks,
Jim

dejan555

#252 Post by dejan555 »

Hey playdayz just downloaded luci 232 to test fluxbox, I booted with pfix=ram and installed that pet I made and shutdown dialog worked OK.
I didn't get any response from steve_s or 01micko so I'll just leave this pet here for others to test :)

fluxbox-1.1.1-i486-lupu.pet

fbpanel issue is solved if you modify line 155 of /root/.xinitrc like this:

if [ "$CURRENTWM" != "jwm" -a "$CURRENTWM" != "icewm" -a "$CURRENTWM" != "startfluxbox" ];then
fixmenus can automatically update fluxbox menu and make it seamless to user (no boring screen flickr like with jwm) if you add this line at the end of
/usr/sbin/fixmenus:

[ `which fluxbox_menu_refresh` ] && fluxbox_menu_refresh
Enough from me, cya ;)
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

playdayz

#253 Post by playdayz »

Yes dejan555, The Exit to Prompt worked--sometimes I change so many things I cause my own problems ;-)

I am hoping that perhaps we will find a way for each wm to open by default with a background chosen by the developer, and even icons chosen by the developer. I think that would have more effect than using the same background, etc.

playdayz

#254 Post by playdayz »

Latest News.

The Woof that was posted today gave an error I have never seen and then the iso wouldn't boot. I'll check tomorrow and then post a luci-233 with the latest Quickpet that mounts sfs's and the latest firstrun dialog with the Num Lock feature. WE have some hellacious developers don't we?

playdayz

#255 Post by playdayz »

DeaDBeef. The album art feature in the debian squeeze deb works--but I had to look at help to figure out how.

This is a formidable music player.

yarddog

#256 Post by yarddog »

have downloaded Quickpet_lupu-4beta1.pet and notice following under SFS get tab

Just click on your desired SFS and it will download, then you bill be prompted to make it into a pet

I downloaded GoOO.3.2.1 Lucid.sfs a few days ago from pet-packages-Lucid on ibiblio website.

rather than download this large file again using SFS get,
how can I convert this into a pet?

thanks
yarddog

DaveS

#257 Post by DaveS »

Another java-jre.sfs to test here http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/DaveS/ It is a bit bigger at around 54MB but is a very clean install and seems bug free and fast. Please test.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

01micko

#258 Post by 01micko »

yarddog wrote:have downloaded Quickpet_lupu-4beta1.pet and notice following under SFS get tab

Just click on your desired SFS and it will download, then you bill be prompted to make it into a pet

I downloaded GoOO.3.2.1 Lucid.sfs a few days ago from pet-packages-Lucid on ibiblio website.

rather than download this large file again using SFS get,
how can I convert this into a pet?

thanks
yarddog
Yes yarddog.. not implemented yet... and this will be only for full installs. I do have it working but not up to a release standard as yet. Maybe a day or so :wink:

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Iguleder

#259 Post by Iguleder »

playdayz, there's a problem with Amarok, it depends on stuff from the devx.

By the way, I can make a new xchat, something similar to what we have in Squeeze, but this time I can trim some functionality.
[url=http://dimakrasner.com/]My homepage[/url]
[url=https://github.com/dimkr]My GitHub profile[/url]

dejan555

#260 Post by dejan555 »

playdayz wrote: I am hoping that perhaps we will find a way for each wm to open by default with a background chosen by the developer, and even icons chosen by the developer. I think that would have more effect than using the same background, etc.
playdayz, I could probably make a script to run on first fluxbox start to do this very easy it would be similar as what I did for that 421 theme pack but only if you're sure about this.
I mean, maybe user just wants to switch WM and keep own wallpaper/iconset customizations.
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]