that is a fine thing

For discussions about security.
oui

that is a fine thing

#1 Post by oui »

Hi

I find that this, Ubuntu Privacy Remix, is a fine thing.

in which figures does Puppy from CD or frugal not be equivalent?

salut

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Lots of malware uses network connections - mainly internet connections - to load additional components, e.g. to allow adapting to the configuration of the infected computer or to modify itself to avoid detection by antivirus software.

To achieve the goal of an isolated system, Ubuntu Privacy Remix prevents activation of present network hardware. To this end, we have removed support for LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth and IR hardware as well as PPP from the modified kernel.
Is this like securing your house from burglars by nailing all the windows & doors shut?

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

I have an addon for seamonkey called Better Privacy that is supposed to dump all browsing history and cookies on shutdown of seamonkey.
I am not sure how well it works.
Anyone have any info on it?

jpeps

#4 Post by jpeps »

8-bit wrote:I have an addon for seamonkey called Better Privacy that is supposed to dump all browsing history and cookies on shutdown of seamonkey.
I am not sure how well it works.
Anyone have any info on it?
If I recall, it deleted flash LSO's in /root/.macromedia/Flash_Player/\#SharedObjects/

It used to work in older versions of Firefox

PaulBx1

#5 Post by PaulBx1 »

Is this like securing your house from burglars by nailing all the windows & doors shut?
:lol: Yeah, that was my impression of it too. I wonder how many downloads they are getting.

Of course once they install it and get it running, the only way they will get updates is by going on the Windows box and downloading them there...