Joined: 08 Aug 2008 Posts: 330 Location: Warsaw
Posted: Thu 14 Oct 2010, 03:54 Post subject:
TigerVNC Subject description: VNC client and server
TigerVNC is a suite of VNC servers and clients that have a focus on performance and remote display functionality. Originally this software was based on the (never released) VNC 4 branch of TightVNC.
There are 5 programs here:
* vncviewer - this is the VNC viewer, or client, program for X.
* vncserver - this is a wrapper script which makes starting an X VNC server (i.e. desktop) more convenient. It is written in Perl, so to use the script you need that.
* vncpasswd - this program allows you to change the password used to access your X VNC desktops. The vncserver script uses this program when you first start a VNC server.
* vncconfig - this program is used to configure and control a running instance of Xvnc.
* x0vncserver - this is an inefficient VNC server which continuously polls any X display, allowing it to be controlled via VNC. It is intended mainly as a demonstration of a simple VNC server.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum