"pwsafe is a unix commandline program that manages encrypted password databases.
* Pure command-line operation if desired (good for remote access over ssh)
* or can interact with X11 selection & clipboard.
* Portable, endianess-clean, misaligned-access-free C++. Compiles cleanly on linux, *bsd, macos x, solaris.
* Compatible with CounterPane's PasswordSafe Win32 program versions 2.x and 1.x.
* Funny comments included in source code.
The program creates a database in a hidden file named /root/.pwsafe.dat
You can change the directory and the file name.
Usually you use the program like this:
pwsafe -u -p name_of_the_entry_in_a_database
this will spit the username and password of the selected entry that you can paste using CTRL+V
For more information on its usage type in a terminal
This is an old command-line version. I post this one because I like it and use it regularly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum