anyone use opera?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
morgonzola

anyone use opera?

#1 Post by morgonzola »

hi there recently i have been playing around with opera and its fun. lots of buttons and random things all floating around. its the exact opposite of chromes minimalistic design

is there anyone else who uses opera?

if there is tell me your experience with it. im just curious because this is the first time i really have seen it.

so far my experience has been
on lucid, the one from petget works well. i like it
on my netbook running pupeee, its cool, but not very useful. kinda cludgey on the little guy

SF76

#2 Post by SF76 »

I use Opera daily (starting from quite a lot of years ago) and like it very much.

My experience is strictly related to the web components (i'm not using daily the mail reader, the widget, the synchronization function, etc.) and everything works pretty well. The only problem you get is that sometimes site doesn't render correctly (most of the time because they are not standard compliant, and a few because Opera flaw).

Opera has been quite innovative and introduce for example tabbed browsing and mouse gesture (i love them); unfortunately they didn't get the market share they should have and probably they would have bad day in the future (Chrome popularity is rising, MS is investing more and more into their browser after a lot of fail).

we'll see...

In the meantime, happy browsing with Opera.

runtt21

#3 Post by runtt21 »

cthisbear

#4 Post by cthisbear »

And no-one has heard of Sage??

Chris.

efiguy

anyone use opera?

#5 Post by efiguy »

Hi,
I commonly use 9.26, 9.64 everyday, some of the Fam have 10.52.

- My use started with http://validator.w3.org/ (have had poor results with this of late) using the - IE - Firefox emulation capability.
- Opera and sytem versions used are very restricted on features and the essential XP's, W98 machines have been through Nlite and PClite mods, sevice chopped, plus tcp/ip mods, so as to be nearly "modern" web useless, the only way to keep them functioning on internet.

- However, tried one of the new Puppy versions with Opera, and became very disatisfied, as it wanted to advertize itself to my city for other Opera users. Plus it seemed difficult and irritating to try and customize. (maybe mood that day)

- I rebelled at this and added a Firefox Pet and will not use new 10xx versions

http://www.opera.com/docs/history/

- and Sage - a Math program - I wish there was a Puppy like "Turbo Extreme" with Sage pre-installed - Have to keep a xp machine alive for Mathcad, never heard of anyone running it under Wine, but there is always hope!

my humble opinions - for those that really like the new Opera
(if it means anything - not so enamered with new Firefox and IE or Google Chrome -- However wife has really adopted GC and it is so fast she won an Ebay auction by manually bidding twice in last 22 seconds)

Jay