Today, I give you...

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
l0wt3ch

Today, I give you...

#1 Post by l0wt3ch »

Thanks for all your support. I withdraw my resignation.

:D
Last edited by l0wt3ch on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 18:38, edited 4 times in total.

harii4

#2 Post by harii4 »

DISTROWATCH:
i thought i read from the site long time ago-
there is an year+ waiting list to see if the distro is supported/updated.
but i could be wrong.

straypup

resignation

#3 Post by straypup »

Sorry to see your pain. There are many lurkers that never reveal themselves but are very interested. arry is following his own path with Quirky, Wolf,gag Wary. There are several developers doing their own things. Each has probably at one time or another felt the same way. Please don't give up...........Stray :(

bigpup

#4 Post by bigpup »

Sorry to see you feel that way. Welcome to the world of volunteer software development. We all have other parts of our life, that require our time, and Puppy Linux is a hobby. We get involved because we want to, not because someone forced us. I do not think three months is a long time to introduce a Puppy derivative and get involvement from others. It takes that long for people to find out about something new. Everyone you talk about have their own projects and I am sure that takes up much of their time. If what you have developed is any good you will not see much input from others. They will just us it and enjoy with little feedback. Distrowatch is slow to recognize something new. One year is the normal time to evaluate.
I know that your Avatar is a little of a turnoff. It puts doubt in my mind as to what you are really about.

Sylvander

#5 Post by Sylvander »

Hi, a lousy ingrate here. :D

I don't even know what "Ubuntu Studio" is. :?

Had to Google it to get some idea.

You're probably so far ahead of the field [the other "runners"], that you find yourself alone.

Hang about, and others might just catch up.

Even better if you don't mind going it alone.

calexand

A real SHAME

#6 Post by calexand »

Lowtech,
Sorry to hear that you are giving up. I for one will miss you and your fantastic software. Being a musician and not wanting to depend totally on Ubuntu, your Puppy was truly what I had been seeking, both complete, updated and FAST!
Yes Sir, some people here, as in all Forums that I have visited over the last four years of using Linux, are rather un-savory. In-grates does sum it up.
I have written several "pep talk" posts over the years, and still I get slammed and unanswered (both pm's and posts) at times, as well... Just appears to be human nature. Go figure.
But, as previously posted, as far as submitting a new OS goes, "no news is good news"! Check for download totals. Best sign an OS is useful.
Good luck, Godspeed and all the very best...
CA

Revolverve

#7 Post by Revolverve »

I am using it (ver3) everyday!! Knowing you done it almost if not alone , greater would it be a big lost for the puppy world!! Using puppy's for 3 years I have tried everything where jack , musician ,sequencer,ardour & creation was mention ... Yours the one i was looking for , my numerous search had stopped since your baby is out. I hope that lots of people are using it , creating , sorry to read that puppys devs are on there own version ,there is for shure lots of dogs around...If every devs were working on fewer version just imagine how complete those puppys could be.. I am proud of using puppys , delighted of that Ubuntustudio PE , i did spread the word around my friends... this did not help you to compile(...anyways..with my basic compiling knowledge , hmmm, better that way..) ...it just add more happy users . In hope that you change your mind... you would not be the first to "retire" your contribution and come back!!!

Thank you for your work!! I enjoy it!!

aarf

#8 Post by aarf »

Take a break come back when your inspiration regenerates. For me it is a big iso to download when a smaller sfs can do the things that i want to do.
People are busy and have many interests and communications in this world of vast information.
Try to find more inspiration and satisfaction in doing something well for yourself and to a lesser extent from the appreciation of others.

cthisbear

#9 Post by cthisbear »

l0wt3ch :

I haven't tried your Puplet but I know that others have, and are
extremely happy with it.

Tthere are so many Puplet releases this year that we are overwhelmed
for choice. Overwhelmed but not ungrateful.

I haven't even downloaded the new Teenpup yet.
How many has John Biles released?

Go and have a break.
Even Barry Kauler had to have a rest for awhile.

Puppy becomes all consuming.
Just look at MU.
He had a truckful of releases.
Minisys >> wasn't it 3 at once he released?

So have a break mate.

Sometimes you can put in too much love into a project;
with the result that you have little to give back to yourself.

If you can't love yourself - you can't love others.
Sure >> I've gone too far with that philosophy....but!

Call back when you have cheered up.
And thanks again.

1 >> for the work that you have put in.

2 >> for those future users that will find your
Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition" and be astounded at the options
that you have given them.

Take care............Chris.

Aitch

#10 Post by Aitch »

l0wt3ch/lowtech

I take it from your avatar there's another message people may be turned off by, and as a former environmental protester, I separate my Puppy from my Environment, though have posted a few in 'off-topic'

I'm sorry I haven't seen your Puppy....I was probably put off by previous bad experience with IMO over-rated *buntu CDs

Distrowatch is a long haul feedback path,

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distri ... untustudio

and you may be FAR better off following sneekylinux's lead and doing a really good youtube video, but for the version 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkpC_MAeWI

From what I have seen of searches for your Puppy, it IS very well received

http://easylinuxcds.com/blog/?p=3889&nggpage=2

http://www.nixnews.tk/ubuntu-studio-pup ... ia-for-pup

Top of the list at reddit/linuxfornoobs [not submitted by you?]

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux4noobs/rel ... reenshots/

Though you need to send these sites ver 3.0 updates

PR is an acquired art, which takes persistence, I found

A little patience and less hurling insults MIGHT endear more to your efforts, methinks

Come back after you've relaxed a bit.....I'm sure you'll find, even in your absence, that you've upped your profile, at least :D

Aitch :)

musher0

#11 Post by musher0 »

Hi, "lowrtech"

A couple of months ago, I did download the "fat" version of your studio. As a former composer, I found it had much potential. However because of my present line of work, I didn't have the time to really use it, only peruse it...

I suppose I am somewhat of an "ingrate", because I didn't thank you enough, and early enough, for your efforts....

Better late than never, I suppose, so thanks for providing this "ex-composer in waiting" with hope, with a window to when he'll be able to get back to his initial chosen path. Thanks also for providing a music distro that is more user-friendly than the one it's based on.

I hope you will reconsider your decision in due time. The artistic derivatives on Puppy have been few and far between: your distro does fill a need, even if UbuntuStudioPE is only directed at a specialized group of users. Because of the Puppy structure you've chosen, It brings to creative artists a usability and friendliness unknown in other distros, which allow them to concentrate on their art rather than on learning to manage the OS.

Again, many thanks. Also, best wishes of success in your undertakings, whatever they may be. Sincerely,
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

pemasu

#12 Post by pemasu »

I have followed the development with interest and I appreciated how you were able to compile working kernel and make working distro with those studio apps.
I have no understanding to music but listening. So I havent participated to development but it does not diminish the value of your distro to spelialized needs.
I hope you will feel even little better with all these posts.
Puppy community is always grateful to developers. Even if we always dont remember to thank.
In Finland usually nobody thanks if everything is fine. But if there is something to complain you will hear it straightforward.

abushcrafter

#13 Post by abushcrafter »

My bad, I though I had said Thank You. Your not the only one who has being working there but off. I have spent 1/2 a year leaning about/switching to puppy and the last 1 and a 1/2 making my own puplet. This has taken up 98% of my time :oops:. So much for those GCSES :oops:(Now working on them.). I have a video editing feast coming up which is when I was going to try and give you some feed back. I have a a few problems with titles in Open Shot and KDEnlive, when I did a 5min test. Didn't mention as I wanted to find out more. I have been looking at your thread each time there are new posts and then hogging your bandwidth while I download new versions :D. Hopefully that will help you fell better. Thank you :D for all of your contributions so far.
[url=http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/]adobe flash is rubbish![/url]
My Quote:"Humans are stupid, though some are clever but stupid." http://www.dependent.de/media/audio/mp3/System_Syn_Heres_to_You.zip http://www.systemsyn.com/

dinosoep

#14 Post by dinosoep »

wish I was smart enough to do that :(
no really, take a break and come back.
I have also putt way to much time in a java program everyone "needed" and when I finished it I got 3 downloads in total. thats why I just don't make "needed" things anymore.(that was not in this forum)

ciento

#15 Post by ciento »

I've been busy making backups of crucial files in preparation for switching
to the l0wt3ch masterpiece OS. The trend in bloated distros is to mimic
and shovel on more mediocre apps, rather than innovate and optimize.

When you climb to a plateau, its time to rest. When you hit a wall, it means you should have slowed down, and now the wall did it for you.
Enjoy the outstanding creation you helped achieve. You took a box of tools, and transformed it into a machine. Few have that ability. Now take the machine out in the world, and prove its worth! 8)

l0wt3ch

#16 Post by l0wt3ch »

Thanks for all your encouragement and compliments for UbuntuStudio: "Puppy Edition".

I have edited the first post in this thread.

zigbert

#17 Post by zigbert »

l0wt3ch wrote:Thanks for all your encouragement and compliments for UbuntuStudio: "Puppy Edition".

Good news :D

Sigmund

abushcrafter

#18 Post by abushcrafter »

l0wt3ch wrote:Thanks for all your encouragement and compliments for UbuntuStudio: "Puppy Edition".

:D Yea! ...and now relax :lol: :twisted:.
[url=http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/]adobe flash is rubbish![/url]
My Quote:"Humans are stupid, though some are clever but stupid." http://www.dependent.de/media/audio/mp3/System_Syn_Heres_to_You.zip http://www.systemsyn.com/

Aitch

#19 Post by Aitch »

l0wt3ch

Hey guy....any chance I can put in a request for a less in-yer-face avatar? huh?

As I said, it MIGHT just endear a few more to your creation, as you've certainly dragged a good few supporters in this thread, even as it is

You could always post something about it in 'truly off-topic conversations'

You never know.....might get even more support than expected....

Aitch :)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#20 Post by Lobster »

Thanks for all your support. I withdraw my resignation.
:D
Good news.
I must say I think of your effort as Puppy Studio.
I interpret your avatar as funny.
The dog is trying to take his mind off the cakes
by thinking of some terrible war scenes.

Some of our puppys come from cultures
where dog images are offensive
cakes are unavailable
and humour is confined
to laughing at penguins.

From 'The Life of Brian'
Brian: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.
The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Sch!
Welcome back
You will not be assimilated

Puppy Linux
Different
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D