Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Webserverpuppy LAMP and XAMPP
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 5 of 9 [134 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Atle

PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep 2010, 17:37    Post subject:  

So i choose to edit this post as it was written while i was drunk and pretty much impatient to see results. Sorry for my rant.

A short and more sober version of my rant was that I could never get things to work and getting these things to work is not a hobby, but rather the most important issue for me in a educational project in Africa.

I am very sorry for this post and can only excuse my self by informing that Guinness Foreign Extra here i Tanzania is contains 7,5 alcohol and that sort of makes you into a terrorist when it comes to posting on forums. Anyhow, Growler did thank good not get upset with me and I shall continue to chase the "perfect live CD" for my project.

Last edited by Atle on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 04:52; edited 1 time in total
growler

PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep 2010, 23:57    Post subject: Lung cancer and drunkeness  

OK I will make something up for you and post it ... not much time these days but give me a weekend.

In fact I did already make a webERP puppy server and it is up on sourceforge under webERP

http://sourceforge.net/projects/web-erp/

look under files - its an older version though

Edit: sorry no I deleted it quite a while ago. Will have a go at a new one.
Atle

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 04:56    Post subject:  

Ok... I will put all my efforts into making a live Joomla CD. I think maybe the Joomla forum will be the better place to overcome any Joomla specific error messages and so forth, but i will also make a post here, whereas i describe the errors and how(if) its being solved.

Cheers;-)
growler

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 07:09    Post subject: Joomla live CD  

I am downloading joomla now ...

Your post made me chuckle actually - I know just exactly how you feel - very frustrating. I am learning Genie and it seems particularly rough - I am leaning on a lot of C "black belts" myself and it makes me feel good to be able to help someone else!

I have webERP installed on a vanilla new 5.10 install - I hesitate to mention that it was completely painless. I did get the session support disabled initially - but that was because I was trying to use netsurf rather than a browser with cookie support I think. I downloaded seamonkey and all was well.

I have installed Joomla a few times before already so not expecting too much trouble. However it is bedtime now for me and I am away for a few days so it will be next week before I can look again.
Atle

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 07:32    Post subject:  

Ok... Here its lunch time. Watch out for a warning in Joomla that appears at the top of the page when the installer is running. I did some research on Joomla forum, but never really found a solution.

I will start from a fresh install on the laptop dedicated to this project and post whatever i come across.

I also came to learn that there is a integration with Open Office and webERP. And i have asked Mo Kelly if its possible to rewrite his cart solution for Joomla/webERP to cover cash sales and not only Paypal, as speaking from an Africa point of view, we do not expect credit cards to be mainstream before maybe 5 to 10 years.

Good night to New Zealand...
growler

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep 2010, 15:46    Post subject: webERP cash sales  

There is a new feature in webERP for cash sales - called counter sales that allows the sale to be entered directly and cash taken/received against the sale.
growler

PostPosted: Sat 18 Sep 2010, 19:39    Post subject: pupsave  

Atle

PostPosted: Mon 27 Sep 2010, 21:12    Post subject:  

Juhuuu Very Happy

The live CD with Joomla and WebERP is now working(almost that is)...

What i did was:

1) I had a beer(Only one)

2) Booted 51.1 and installed it without a pupsave...

3) Rebooted into ram, and added your pupsavefile

4) Rebooted into the pupsave file in 5.1.1... all looked great..

5) Did a remaster, where I removed all i could from tmp/root, and replaced it with the root from the real root with joomla and webERP(it was not in tmp/root), and from there of just followed the book...

6) rebooted the new cd(173mb) in live mode and installed it...

So far... i can see that joomla has a problem. It will not upload plugins.

WebERP i can not say anything about yet. But i will do some more testing.

Its 04 in the morning now and I now just what to do, happy as I am:-) But there will be no post before maybe 12 hours...

If the installing part was easy, i would like to start off from a fresh, cause Seamonkey did not want to work very well with Joomla menu. Firefox solved that one.

There will be a more serious test tomorrow...
growler

PostPosted: Mon 27 Sep 2010, 21:21    Post subject:  

Nice one Atle ...
Maybe the second beer might have had webERP going too...
I will remove the pupsave archive now if that's ok.
Atle

PostPosted: Mon 27 Sep 2010, 23:32    Post subject:  

its ok by me... got the file here and the final file should be an .iso anyway... Maybe i was clicking my way trough this to fast, but i recall that there was never any option in 5.1.1, to create a iso and not just a CD. The birds are singing, my head is swinging and its time for that big smile to come to a rest... Laughing
growler

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 00:18    Post subject:  

To start from scratch... I think the only thing I had to tinker with was the php.ini - if you save the copy you have under /etc/php.ini I think and use that all should be well - it was to do with errors and warnings reporting that were coming up in Joomla. Joomla install had me too - you have to rename the installation scripts directory or delete it after installing.
Atle

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 13:08    Post subject:  

I made a post at joomla forum about the matter I see here as "error message" in Joomla installer.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=429&t=552622

This error is way above what i can resolve on my own...
growler

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 16:00    Post subject:  

I had a look on the Joomla forum to see what issue you are having.
The message you get is entitled

Notice: .....

This is just a notice ... not an error - the fact is we don't wish to see it and php.ini has a bunch of settings in the php.ini to allow you to change how notices/warnings and errors are displayed. You can also change these settings on a per directory basis with .htaccess files in the directories you wish to modify the behaviour of. There are a lot of comments in /etc/php.ini and you should be able to turn off warnings and notices by following the examples inside the file itself.
Atle

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep 2010, 17:19    Post subject:  

Ok... I have many off these joomla sites running, and installed several, but on hosted servers. The issue here, is not normal. I seek to make this normal installation, without Notices... Still, after testing the joomla , it fails to install anything. But you can edit and publish articles.

This, I believe, is due to lack of ftp functionality and/or this rights issue.

I need to start all over again from scratch, to get this right.

did you set the ftp, in the installation?

I think i can point out the guilty one here... just based on my instinct...

Its that guy.... nobody i think. All evidence is pointing at him...

CRUCIFY, CRUCIFY.... CRUCIFY NOBODY NOW:-)
ragou

PostPosted: Thu 30 Sep 2010, 21:02    Post subject: xampp  

Hi everybody.
First I want to apologize - I am not a Linux user or developer. I like puppy linux because it's very fast and reminds me the days when our machines were too slow, with little RAM and with video cards of 1 MB.
The question is - how can I install xampp and how can I run it?
For example - I have xampp in Windows and when I press "xampp_start.exe" I have a server and that's all. It is located on my hard disk at the (for example) E:\xampp\htdocs\ and it's URL is http://localhost/. In my Windows meaning, what have I to do to start the server in puppy environment?
If there are answers ( I hope so), please give them to me in a understandable language. Something like "login as root and su and so on" means nothing to me. Just a simple explanation step by step.
I have been noticed that Linux users are speaking in a language that they only can understand. It is something I can understand, but I use Windows for almost 20 years. Russians for example call drivers "wood", CPU "stone" etc. because they want to show that they are an elite and unique community. I am not. I just want to try Linux. Don't let me be misunderstood - my machine is fast enough to run any OS. I just want to try. But when I am in Puppy, a can't do anything except clicking on icons, but if I am able to setup my own server I will be able to do something. I am C++ an VB programmer (VB 6 is my love), but I wrote my last application 3 years ago, now I want to do something with Linux. It's not for money - I am retired (58 years old).
It became too long and too many words - "Finaldia" and "Heineken" is to blame.
Best regards
http://imaloednovreme.com
Page 5 of 9 [134 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: