Setting up a DC++ hub running on puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
mrbrownstone

Setting up a DC++ hub running on puppy?

#1 Post by mrbrownstone »

I have had a private DC++ hub running under a stripped down version of windows xp for some time but I have decided that I want to run the system without its noisy hard disk. However this creates the problem of booting the system and running the hub lol. After thinking for a while I remembered playing around with puppy linux a while ago on an old pc, the fact that it runs in memory and does not access the cd constantly would solve my noise storage problem.

There are many DC++ hubs available for linux (none of them with GUIs except verlihub's windows GUI which is perfect). Dconnect Daemon , Open DC Hub, and Verlihub. Of the 3 I would prefer to be able to use Verlihub because of its Windows GUI which is perfect for me however I will quite happily use whichever one will run best on Puppy.

The main problem I have with setting up this system is my lack of experience with linux as I have only briefly played around with it. The system I want to run this on has 256mb of RAM and 550mhz p3 processor and no CD booting support (a boot disk will have to be used). Any help with setting this up would be great, I will advertise puppy linux on the hub if I ever get it running of course :P.

Thanks in advance
mrbrownstone