Rsvg-View

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
jemimah

Rsvg-View

#1 Post by jemimah »

The SVG specification has apparently changed some since Inkscape-Lite was compiled, so Inscape-Lite has trouble opening many SVG files.

If your SVG editing needs only involve resizing and converting svg to png, there is a lightweight alternative.

Librsvg includes both a command line and a GTK converter.

The attached pet contains the mimes so that SVGs open in rsvg-view when you click them. The pet also includes rsvg-convert which can be used for bulk conversion on the command line.

This was compiled in Puppeee so I think it'll work in 4.3.1-based puplets.

To use rsvg-view, click on an SVG file, zoom to the size you want, then right click and choose Save As PNG.
Attachments
rsvg-view.jpg
(28.32 KiB) Downloaded 1237 times

zygo

#2 Post by zygo »

I could have used an app to convert SVG to PNG a few weeks back but didn't think to look in Puppy. Sadly, in Puppy 431 this doesn't work for me.

There's no menu item and SVGs don't open anymore.

Code: Select all

# rsvg
env: python: No such file or directory
# rsvg-convert 
rsvg-convert: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so.2)
# rsvg-view
rsvg-view: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/librsvg-2.so.2)

jemimah

#3 Post by jemimah »

Doh, I guess it's not backward compatible. Installing this should fix your system: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... 3-pup4.pet

I'll rebuild it when I get a chance.