Macpup Opera 2.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
omskates

#201 Post by omskates »

runtt21 wrote:Check this out , Some dude is selling a computer on ebay with Opera 2.0 pre-installed. It's got 4 days left :lol:
Awesome!! :lol: I mean really :D

Santeno

#202 Post by Santeno »

I have a question about MacPup. Does anyone know whether it is available with Enlightenment's Engage Dock, instead of the standard dock?

engage is the clean borderless doc used by distros like Unite17 and Elive. It looks like this:

Also is there a chromium version of Mac Pup (or are FF and Opera the only options)?

runtt21

#203 Post by runtt21 »

Engage isn't listed in the enlightenment svn anywhere, it may be something that is part of ecomorph. So no it wont run in macpup. I do have the latest snapshot of e17 running ingtask. But It is so unstable I can't releases it as is.I have been unable to fix it. Since they rewrote the edje file system people have been having all kinds of issues with any of the current or older themes. So for the time being I will stick with the .061 build . Its the most stable with puppylinux.

E17 with ingtask running...

I dont know about chromium but you can install and run google chrome in macpup. Look back a page or two about it.

Santeno

#204 Post by Santeno »

runtt21 wrote:Engage isn't listed in the enlightenment svn anywhere, it may be something that is part of ecomorph.
Now that I think about it, engage does have composite effect such as animated icons, so you are right it might be part of ecomorph.
runtt21 wrote:I do have the latest snapshot of e17 running ingtask. But It is so unstable I can't releases it as is.I have been unable to fix it. Since they rewrote the edje file system people have been having all kinds of issues with any of the current or older themes. So for the time being I will stick with the .061 build . Its the most stable with puppylinux.

E17 with ingtask running...
Damn that sucks. Thanks for trying. Enlightenment is something else. it has so much potential, but is so full of bugs and it's development time is so long that it is constantly getting passed over. It is really too bad. If I could ever find a clean and modular version of E, I would be happy to make it my go-to distro.
runtt21 wrote:I dont know about chromium but you can install and run google chrome in macpup. Look back a page or two about it.
Sweet, Thanks.

greengeek

Macpup is beautiful

#205 Post by greengeek »

Macpup is fantastic.

It's been hard finding distros that run well on my old toshiba 2180cdt but this is simply beautiful.

Had to choose Xvesa, and run alsaconf before sound would work, but thats all.

Nice work! Many thanks!

runtt21

#206 Post by runtt21 »

In a few days I will be releasing some new themes based on Agust work. The first one will look like this....

runtt21

#207 Post by runtt21 »

Here are some shot of the SigloMP theme in my X3 test rig. I will have the .pet ready tonight or tomorrow.

runtt21

#208 Post by runtt21 »

runtt21

#209 Post by runtt21 »

The .pet for the SigloMP theme is now up on my macpup page :

http://macpup.org/runtt21/

It also includes a extra background that has the e17/puppy logo and some extra icons from the X3 screen shots.

joel

#210 Post by joel »

Looks nice runtt. How did you get the clock to work? I had trouble with it and asked Agust about it but it was hard to understand his answer. I fiddled with it but couldnt figure out the issue. Good job!

I was wondering is there anyway to compile the edgar gadget loader module. Ive tried myself but I get Eina errors. Does Macpup not have the full Eina? I played with it a bit in Ubuntu and some of the gadgets are kind of neat so let me know if this is possible.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

runtt21

#211 Post by runtt21 »

O2 has the full Eina for the 061 snapshot. The modules like you are talking about need the new EFL that just came out. It's newer than what I have in the X3 test rig.I haven't compiled that yet cause I know they consider it to be the "ALPHA" and a beta will follow soon but I don't have high hopes for it. I got the clock to work by overhauling the default.edc file and adding the .png 's . I built a .edc that will make themes that will run in both .061 and the newer stuff. But The edje file system was changed in the new alpha so most of these(all not just mine)themes wont work with it.I have seen reports of some of the older themes crashing the alpha . I have almost finished overhauling Agust 's updated Bling-Bling theme. Mine is a bit more Old School than his. :lol:

runtt21

#212 Post by runtt21 »

Agust did an update of the old default theme Bling-Bling that Rasterman did back before they switched to the black n white default theme. He let me have it for macpup.I added more of the stuff from raster's original like the background and the original "about theme" window. It's almost finished....

runtt21

#213 Post by runtt21 »

The MPBling-2.pet is now up on my macpup page:

http://macpup.org/runtt21/

Thanks to both Agust & CatDude !!!!!And Rasterman !!!

runtt21

#214 Post by runtt21 »

More themes on the way .... The first one (Blue4) will be up in a day or two .I like the about theme window from Bling-Bling so much ,I am goint to used it for a while in the rest of my new themes..... :D

runtt21

#215 Post by runtt21 »

The Blue4 theme is now up on my macpup page as a .pet. Enjoy !!!!

runtt21

#216 Post by runtt21 »

The MPFresh.edj theme

runtt21

#217 Post by runtt21 »

The MPFresh-1.pet is now up on my macpup page. Enjoy!!

runtt21

#218 Post by runtt21 »

Almost ready KDMP theme...

runtt21

#219 Post by runtt21 »

The KDMP-1.pet is now up on my macpup page. Enjoy!!! :D

runtt21

#220 Post by runtt21 »

The MPHumanity theme based on Agust's A-Humanity theme....