Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition"

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
l0wt3ch

#41 Post by l0wt3ch »

I'm going to rebuild it from scratch. Be patient, I'll be re-uploading it shortly.

russoodle

#42 Post by russoodle »

enhu wrote:any mirror? i can't use wget with that link
Hi enhu,

Sorry you're having trouble retrieving the file - did you give wget the username of puppy and password of linux for the download? And the link on the first page gives only the directory path but doesn't include the file-name.

The filename of version 2.0 has been changed in the download directory (no underscores or hyphens in it) and the file-size is not correct either, so l0wt3ch may be in the process of re-uploading....the logs show several recent unsuccessful attempts to d/l it, so i guess we just have to wait for l0wt3ch to let us know what he's up to there.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

helander

#43 Post by helander »

It seems like the available ISO is "corrupted" (far too small).

Any news about when a proper ISO will be available?

Any other site where some version could be downloaded from?

Kind Regards

Lars

mrufino1

mixxx

#44 Post by mrufino1 »

I uninstalled mixxx 1.7.2 and installed the 1.8.2 beta, and it says it is installed (I downloaded the deb file from mixxx's site) but it is not in the menu. I reinstalled 1.7.2 through the package manager, but still not in the menu, it was before I screwed with it. I uninstalled 1.7.2 again, because on ubuntu 1.7.2 data files messed up 1.8.2 (confused yet?! sorry....). Anyway, how would I add it back in the menu? I don't see any entry in usr/bin either. Can you install .deb packages in this way?
On another note, I installed the linuxdsp plugins (along with the associated license files) that I own, and they work great on ardour. System is running great, firewire audio and internal audio are working, and the 24 bit graphics seems to have fixed the screen issue (although I had to redo it again on this boot, so hopefully this time it sticks). Awesome job on this distro, it really runs well.

russoodle

#45 Post by russoodle »

helander wrote:It seems like the available ISO is "corrupted" (far too small).

Any news about when a proper ISO will be available?

Any other site where some version could be downloaded from?

Kind Regards

Lars
Hi Lars,

Did you read my above post regarding the size of the ISO?

I've PM'd l0wt3ch about this and asked him to let us know what's happening, so if he's somewhere the message can be received, hopefully we'll hear from him soon to clarify things. It's probably just a temporary situation, so a little patience for now, eh? :wink:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

RJARRRPCGP

#46 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

Bad upload.

I tried the ISO, which is only 18 MB and sure enough, I get a major error. :(

RJARRRPCGP

#47 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

russoodle wrote:
I've PM'd l0wt3ch about this and asked him to let us know what's happening, so if he's somewhere the message can be received, hopefully we'll hear from him soon to clarify things. It's probably just a temporary situation, so a little patience for now, eh? :wink:
Yikes, I just PM'ed I0wt3ch about that, too. :(
Last edited by RJARRRPCGP on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

RJARRRPCGP

#48 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

Double post.

RJARRRPCGP

#49 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

I'm now waiting...

l0wt3ch

#50 Post by l0wt3ch »

In my last post I said I was recreating it from scratch.

Still a couple of bugs, but version 2.1 will include the latest ArdourVST compiled from source, IceWM (customized), and hopefully working firewire (editing modules.conf, see above).
Last edited by l0wt3ch on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

helander

#51 Post by helander »

l0wt3ch wrote:In my last post I said I was recreating it from scratch.

Still a couple of bugs, but version 2.1 will include the latest ArdourVST compiled from source, IceWM as the default desktop manager (customized), and hopefully working firewire (editing modules.conf, see above).
Unfortunately I missed the "window" while there was a "full" 2.0 ISO available for download. Would it be possible to make the working 2.0 ISO available again while waiting for 2.1. It would be highly appreciated :)

Thanks

Lars

cinclus_cinclus

#52 Post by cinclus_cinclus »

I am in the process of uploading the original UbuntuStudio_PE-1.9.iso.
It was announced as version 2.0.

Please wait a little. It will take about 70 min from now.
Last edited by cinclus_cinclus on Wed 28 Jul 2010, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

helander

#53 Post by helander »

cinclus_cinclus wrote:I am in the process of uploading the original UbuntuStudio_PE-1.9.iso.
It was announced as version 2.0.

Please wait a little. It will take about 40 min from now.
Great, thanks :)

Where will I find it?

Thanks
Lars

mrufino1

#54 Post by mrufino1 »

l0wt3ch wrote:In my last post I said I was recreating it from scratch.

Still a couple of bugs, but version 2.1 will include the latest ArdourVST compiled from source, IceWM as the default desktop manager (customized), and hopefully working firewire (editing modules.conf, see above).
Your firewire was working just to be clear, just had to modprobe 1394, so if that becomes automatic, then awesome, but the distro works great. Also, I have been led to understand that ardour vst is not the most stable thing out there, maybe that has changed, but it is worth thinking about. Once you get to know the ladspa and lv2 plugins that are out there you discover there is some really good stuff. In the case of ladspa it may not look pretty but soundwise there is no problem at all. Check out linuxdsp.co.uk for some very cool lv2 plugins as well, I use a bunch of his plugs (graph eq, vc1 and 2, mx series, and sr2a reverb) and they all installed on puppy really easily, which is making me think this is going to become my full time audio distro. Plus, it runs fantastically off of a usb stick, what more could you want?
If 2.1 is even better, then look out! My programming knowledge is very limited (none) but if you need help testing out firewire or anything let me know.

cinclus_cinclus

#55 Post by cinclus_cinclus »

Sorry only 10 downloads allowed!

http://rapidshare.com/files/409578563/U ... PE-1.9.iso
MD5: 900336633F7A0CAB570EDA3F0F3E961A

cinclus_cinclus

#56 Post by cinclus_cinclus »

Deleted. (Double posting)

helander

#57 Post by helander »

cinclus_cinclus wrote:Sorry only 10 downloads allowed!

http://rapidshare.com/files/409578563/U ... PE-1.9.iso
Downloaded and started up without problems.

Again thank you very much for the service provided.

Lars

calexand

Thank you!

#58 Post by calexand »

Downloaded yesterday with no problems. Thank you very much, this is the first "new age" Lupu/Lucy/Puppy 5 version that has worked for me! All other versions would freeze with a kernel panic after making a "save" file, no matter where I put it. This Puppy started right up, no problems!
Again, thank you...
CA

cinclus_cinclus

Re: RELEASED: Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition" 2.0

#59 Post by cinclus_cinclus »

l0wt3ch wrote:Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition" 2.0 was created following the famous Ubuntu Studio Preparation guide.
JACK is set to start in real-time mode; it should work right out of the box on most PCs. Feel free to lower the latency further if you have a fairly new computer.
I have tried a lot of distris in the near past.

But Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition" (1.0 and 2.0 versions) are the first who have real support for low-latency-settings with jack-audio-connection-kit even on my Samsung NC10-netbook. I get easily 2,9 ms latency which is amazing.

cinclus_cinclus

#60 Post by cinclus_cinclus »

I shall post one more rapidshare-link for the version 2.0-ISO in a moment.
Here is the link for 10 more downloads:

http://rapidshare.com/files/409838141/U ... PE-1.9.iso