Macpup Opera 2.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
runtt21

#121 Post by runtt21 »

Very Good Omskates !!! Let's see the wbar pups do that. :lol:

Here is a new theme based on verdegal37 work.

A-Blue-One-MPS1.edj

I will be releasing this in a day or two with more to follow....

joel

#122 Post by joel »

Nice runtt21, Ive been using this theme a while, It will be nice to MacPupify it.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

runtt21

#123 Post by runtt21 »

Another of Agust themes customized for macpup

A-Blue-Two-MPS1.edj

I will dotpet these two theme later.

runtt21

#124 Post by runtt21 »

I have an update to the default Fox 3 theme. I will release all of these this weekend. Hang on....

planegoofy

Battery module location and how to add from previous macpup

#125 Post by planegoofy »

Joel,

It's great to see another Buffalonian on the boards here! I love your Buffalo Backgrounds, I used the starry sky one for a while already and loved it. The historical ones were pretty neat to. Thanks.

Now my question. I saw on the end of page 4 begin of page 5 of the this topic that yuou pulled the battery and cpu module from the previous Opera 061 version of MacPup. Can you tell me how you did it? I have been looking and trying with no luck in understanding how e17 handles modules. Thanks.

Jeff

runtt21

#126 Post by runtt21 »

Another one of Agust themes...... Special thanks to CatDude for helping me with all of these. I really like this one,may become a default for one of the next pups.

runtt21

#127 Post by runtt21 »

I have uploaded the first .pet of new themes. The O21.pet has both of the new blue themes .

http://macpup.org/runtt21/

I should have another .pet up tonight or tomorrow.

runtt21

#128 Post by runtt21 »

I did some more work on the wood theme. This one (wood5)has the same background but a different clock .The menus now have white letters and the pager has new frames. I will release both versions soon.

joel

#129 Post by joel »

planegoofy:

Sorry for the delay, what I did is look through the different e17 distros, and MacPup versions to find the modules. They most often are located at /usr/lib/enlightenment/ and within that folder are the various modules in their own folders. If you look into one of them you will see a folder called "linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-02". Now the modules are built for a specific e17 version so if you were to find one from a different e17 distro it would have to be the exact same "linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-02" it cannot be say "linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05" or "linux-gnu-i586-pre-ver-svn-02". If the folders are the same versions as the one used in the MacPup you are using than it will work. Otherwise the libs will not be the same and it wont work.

Did I explain this well? If you would like I could zip up the few I found. To be honest I checked almost every e17 distro I could find (there are relatively few) and I could only get the battery, cpu, and one other i cant remember now to work. All the rest like the trash module and alarm module I couldn't find a proper version that matches. If I was able to compile and build it all it wouldn't be too hard to remake them, but I think most of the ones that worked were included aside from those few I found.

runtt21

#130 Post by runtt21 »

There is more to it that that. All of the ecore,evas,enia libs need to match as well.

I have uploaded the wood5.pet to my macpup page.

planegoofy

#131 Post by planegoofy »

thanks guys. I will look in that location but if you could upload those few you found I would greatly appreciate it. Again thanks a bunch.

Jeff

runtt21

#132 Post by runtt21 »

Just uploaded the O22.pet to my macpup page. It has the wood4 and special themes. I would really like some feedback on the A-special-macpup.edj theme.

welpe

#133 Post by welpe »

Hi,
I´ve got the same shutdown problem like Oomskate but...
I tried both, editing acpi=force to menu list, and starting with Xvesa.
Using Xvesa is the way to sucess but:...
If O 2 starts in xvesa its destroying my german keyboard layout.. :evil:
I'd tried everything : changing it with wizard wizard, changing it with the enlightment keyboard settings and menu/desktop/chooselocate....nothing worked,
Has anyone an idea ? :?:
I'am using an acer travelmate 4500 with a frugal install of macpup opera 02
Thanks Welpe

joel

#134 Post by joel »

I really like the themes, they all work great. One question though, isnt wood4 and wood5 virtually the same aside from the new default bar? Then why not just add the new bar to wood 5 so there are three to choose from in one theme?

smellyman

#135 Post by smellyman »

runtt21 wrote:Just uploaded the O22.pet to my macpup page. It has the wood4 and special themes. I would really like some feedback on the A-special-macpup.edj theme.
A-special-macpup.edj theme looks really great.

The best of the bunch

runtt21

#136 Post by runtt21 »

welpe , I really dont have an answer for you . if you have to use xorg you can try to ctrl-alt-backspace and see if it drops you out of x to the command line and poweroff from there. If c-a-b doesn't work you can kill all x in a terminal that should do the same thing. The strange thing is that is what the exit scrips are set up to do.

Joel the wood5 theme is the keeper for me. The white text in the menu's works better than the black .I like the clock better and the pager outlies rocks . Agust did a great job on this theme.

Yes smellyman , A-special-macpup.edj Rocks I really think this is going to be a default later.

here is a Vid of these themes by Sneaky......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFS0-OYXrgY

runtt21

#137 Post by runtt21 »

Another one of Agust's theme customized for Macpup.

joel

#138 Post by joel »

I agree, the special theme would be best for the default, but Im partial to the wood one myself.

runtt21

#139 Post by runtt21 »

The Blue Moon theme , stars pop in and fade out at random.

But when the mouse is on the moon the logo fades in and fades out when you move it off.

I will post this one and the black one this weekend.

runtt21

#140 Post by runtt21 »