osuosl.org hosting/mirroring

Promote Puppy !
CLAM01

osuosl.org hosting/mirroring

#1 Post by CLAM01 »

osuosl.org is Oregon State University Open Source Lab. It hosts a number of linux projects. I e-mailed them to ask about hosting puppy. Lance Albertson, SysAdmin/Architect replied suggesting the developer(s) contact him with info and details that I could not supply. The contact address is support@osuosl.org . The support ticket number my query generated is 12650. If anyone is interested to follow up, "support@osuosl.org #12650 hosting request (mirror puppy linux)" in the subject line will pick up where my query left off.
A host here will give puppy a west coast USA one.
If this is not where this should be please move, copy, or pass on the info. Thanks.

AM

Sit Heel Speak

#2 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

Thank you for inquiring and I hope the devs take advantage of every opportunity offered, to get Puppies hosted there.

osuosl.org is my usual go-to repo for all things Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Fedora, and Gentoo.

Actual bandwidth, how fast things come through the pipe, compares favorably with ibiblio.

Of course, that *might* have something to do with the fact I am only ~ 300 miles north of there...

Aitch

#3 Post by Aitch »

2nd that, SHS

Maybe Eric/caneri's stuff could be transferred there, too?

Aitch :)

Sit Heel Speak

#4 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I have gone ahead and pulled the pigsticker out of the pumpkin, i.e. sent a follow-up inquiry to Lance.

If Barry, Raffy, Ed, Ian, Eric, or Mark wishes to cut in ahead of me, by all means feel free to do so.

Otherwise, I guess I have the chalice for now (*glug glug glug*)

(Ahhhh...I can feel it working....) :lol:

cthisbear

#5 Post by cthisbear »

*glug glug glug*

I hope it's a tasty drink for Puppy too.

Good work CLAM01 and SHS.

Chris

CLAM01

#6 Post by CLAM01 »

Thanks, SHS. I've always had good luck with downloading from osuosl, and they've been good when I've had questions. When I download I look for a timezone where its a slack time, like early a.m., so I'm not interfering with local traffic. Osuosl is located to fill a gap in the puppy mirror "world array". And OSU is an applicable education university (engineering, applicable academics, with sports for recreation instead of a raison d'etre) so I think they will like Puppy. It's a very educational OS, whatever our level of expertise. At my level that it takes almost no time to reload to original state after I do one of my, "Hmm, let's see what happens if I..." experiments is important

AM

CLAM01

#7 Post by CLAM01 »

Re: osuosl bandwidth, see http://siliconflorist.com/2009/05/28/os ... bandwidth/

A puppy could get lost in a forest like that...

Sit Heel Speak

#8 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

No answer back yet except the autoreply. But this is understandable since yesterday (Monday May 31) was a holiday in the U.S....