Zint 3.2.1 - barcode designer

Business software, financial software, etc.
Dingo

Zint 3.2.1 - barcode designer

#1 Post by Dingo »

Zint is A barcode encoding library supporting over 50 symbologies including Code 128, Data Matrix, USPS OneCode, EAN-128, UPC/EAN, ITF, QR Code, Code 16k, PDF417, MicroPDF417, LOGMARS, Maxicode, GS1 DataBar, Aztec, Composite Symbols and more.

I compiled a CLI version you can download here (stripped executable and libs)

http://dokupuppylinux.co.cc/programs:barcode

Zint comes also with a QT4 GUI. I tried to compile statically in order to make then a sfs for GUI version, but my attempt has been unsuccessful

I attach however the sources if someone is interested to try QT4 statical compilation

Zint 3.2.1 sources
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

vovchik

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear dingo,

I also tried to compile the qt4 gui and it bombed, so you are not alone. Something wrong there either in the makefile or the source itself. I didn't spend too much time trying to figure out why. The CLI bit compiles fine but the required lib it also produces is pretty large (over 1 MB).

I am certain that a decent gui for the CLI prog can be done in bash and gtkdialog without too much effort. The CLI prog does not have any qt dependencies, so this would be the way to go, I think.

With kind regards,
vovchik

Patriot

zint 2.3.2 rc1

#3 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

It seems that zint-qt requires qt 4.4 and above ... I whacked in a patch for qt4.3. The zint pet below still requires the qt4 library pet.

Rgds