Quirky 1.0

Please post any bugs you have found
drblock2

Quirky 1.0

#1 Post by drblock2 »

Quirky 1.0 looks good. Everything worked right out of the box. CUPS set up went flawlessly, as did sound and internet connection.

The Opera 10.10-4742F.sfs would not run, but I down loaded the latest Opera 10.54 from Opera's site, unpacked it and ran it straight out of the directory, fine video, Improved fonts - now displays IPA correctly.

One serious issue. Geany refuses to load files from my LAN via Samba. Files on the local hard drive work fine, but clicking on files on the network drive does nothing. Attempting to open file from within Geany opens a blank window with the error message: Value too large for defined data type.

This problem is not unkown in other distributions and apparently has to do with parameters that need to be added to the mount command.

Perhaps, I will try to roll back to Geany 0.18. In the mean time, I am using NicoEdit as a work around.

panzerpuppy

#2 Post by panzerpuppy »

Fine video in Opera 10.54? Are you sure? Flash doesn't even work in the latest snapshot and there are lots of problems with elements/pages not loading completely. It can't even pass the PeaceKeeper test with the (new) default connection settings.
Sorry,but the latest version of opera is still alpha-quality. :(

(waiting for the next Opera snapshot with fixed Flash, working IME input, fixed page loading and no font issues)
Turbopup Tech Support

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#3 Post by Béèm »

drblock2 wrote:The Opera 10.10-4742F.sfs would not run, but I down loaded the latest Opera 10.54 from Opera's site, unpacked it and ran it straight out of the directory, fine video, Improved fonts - now displays IPA correctly.
Which one did you download?
The ubuntu one?
The only one I could find was the 10.10, which doesn't run as lib's are missing.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

panzerpuppy

#4 Post by panzerpuppy »

UPDATE: A new snapshot has been released that finally fixes the Flash issue. Awesome!
Turbopup Tech Support

dalderton

#5 Post by dalderton »

I am using Opera 10.54 Lite from the Quirky 1.0 Bugs thread (Synth's work I think) and it is great however when I try to access my Bank it will not go to it . The problem seems to be with the https://ib part of the web address. Does anyone know what goes on with this?
Regards Dennis Alderton

oui

fat remastered Quirky "student" w.ciao Prolog + devanagari

#6 Post by oui »

Hi

I did upload now here

http://dl.free.fr/biOmL8a95

user (no user drop the question)

password: linuxpower

a

custom-puppy-quirky-100.iso , different from first one from Mai 11, 2010, about 510 MiB,

with

- ciao Prolog 1.13 (see http://dtai.cs.kuleuven.be/projects/ALP ... ntent.html )

- Java 1.6u17

- YProlog.jar (test java with it! see YProlog home )

- Seamonkey 2.0.4

- OpenOffice 3.2.0 full (menu under "Document")

- Codecs

- Picasa

- Xara LX 1785 (menu)

- ImageMagick

- Rawstudio

- MuseScore (menu)

- aMSN because Ayttm don-t work properly (use please Seamonkey for IRC chat!);

- Skype static 2.1.0.47

- qemu 0.91

- mtools 3.9.1

- wine 1.1.29

- dd rescue 1.14

- Arachnophilia HTML editor

- Leafpad

To use the devanagari keyboard layout you need to amend the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf: there is a "," to much in the line:

Option "XkbVariant" "intl,,"

write it

Option "XkbVariant" "intl,"

(or add a 3rd keyboard layout in the line before this line: it is the reason! I did use 3 layouts. But please max. 4 layout by this way. You can use more within the same document using a line command in the console like:

setxkbdmap -layout ch fr

etc. and change back or more using arrow up / down in the console. it is fast and flexible!)

keyboard commutation through xorg.conf: ALT + Shift!

Take care: after that, you can write hindi but not European signs any more for you and for the operation system !!! ALT + Shift again ... Or setxkbdmap -layout us intl in the console using arrow UP (after a first use bevor you press Alt + Shift !

The one keyboard layout is "us intl" for a lot of West European languages (you would find Polish signs in "ch" or "ch fr" and can write with them a lot of West European languages but will not find ¡ and ¿ to write correctly Spanish). The second is "in" = devanagari for hindi.

For Hindi, you have to adapt the settings of Open Office:

- swrite
- Options
- Language settings
- Languages
- enable for complex text layout

Hindi True Types are included in the remastered Quirky. No problem...

the ISO file will be erased from free server as soon as no download happens between 30 days.

recommanded supplementary installation: flash plugin from the official Quirky depository (so you can desinstall and reinstall in case of changes because flash clients are tricky and exigeant).

you can see the preinstalled above packages in /root/.packages !

enjoy it !

bye