Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 24 Nov 2014, 22:17
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Macpup Opera 2.0
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 19 [276 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 17, 18, 19 Next
runtt21

PostPosted: Sat 24 Apr 2010, 23:04    Post subject:  

Very Cool !!!!

http://computersoftware.suite101.com/article.cfm/best-new-linux-distros-netrunner-macpup-moonos-pcos-antix
omskates

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 00:10    Post subject:  

runtt21 wrote:
What happens if you drop out of x ? ctrl-alt-backspace?

ctrl-alt-backspace yields no results in this case Sad

Congrats on that nice review Smile
runtt21

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:23    Post subject:  

I really think you have a bad download . I suggest downloading it again and reinstalling it.
smellyman

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:24    Post subject:  

Love the look and feel and themes.

My eyes are horrible though. is there a way to make the font bigger in the menu?
runtt21

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:38    Post subject:  

Yes , change the theme to the imago-macpup theme . It's an older style theme that has bigger fonts in the menus. Shot of it on the first page. Or try this one :

http://e17-stuff.orgcontentshow.phpFake+Brushed+Metal?content=88250

or this one :

http://e17-stuff.org/content/show.php/Grey+Theme+with+Larger+Fonts?content=77069

Last edited by runtt21 on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:59; edited 1 time in total
smellyman

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:58    Post subject:  

runtt21 wrote:
Yes , change the theme to the imago-macpup theme . It's an older style theme that has bigger fonts in the menus. Shot of it on the first page.

That did the trick. guess I should learn to read better. Smile

It may be an older style, but still looks great.

thanks much and great work!
runtt21

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 07:35    Post subject:  

O2 is off to a great start . After its first full day we are back in the top 15 at Distrowatch . We have stayed on the chart for the last 9 months.
operaday1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   33.54 KB
 Viewed   1728 Time(s)

operaday1.jpg

joel

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 09:32    Post subject:  a few troubles though  

I love MacPup!, you guys have done a great job. The enlightenment WM is the most beautiful choice for puppy. Yet I have a few issues I couldn't figure out that I wanted to ask. Maybe the Macpup gurus can point me in the right direction.

First: When I try and add new startup splash screens to "/usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/" they show up fine in the Startup section of settings. I can see them playing in the window and all seems well, yet when I click on it, then click apply and restart X, either the splash screen is the same as before I changed it, or there is no splash screen and it is just black with the mouse cursor showing. Do you know why the splash screens show in the window fine, but dont apply? Is there some way to check the configs, or something? It seems that E17 is having trouble saving my choice as it doesn't always happen with particular ones. Some dont work at all, and some work some of the time.

Second: Also about theming, I have download a bunch of themes from get-e.org, and e17stuff, most work fine but I have issues with some that I know worked fine with the original Macpup E17. Namely the night-bling, grunge, and Blue-Eyed themes. They apply but no shelves show up, or the shelves show but no wallpapers, or certain gadgets are missing from the shelves. Also when I change to these themes I cannot change back to any others! What I mean is when I go to the theme switching gui there are no themes listed and the gui is distorted. If I deleted .e and recopy it (i made a backup with it set how i like it), then I can reset it back. But this is a lot of bother.

And as an aide, is there anyway to install additional modules? I know there is a trash one, but its asking me to download via svn, and I have no clue what that is or how to use it.

Any ideas? I know its a lot but I am stumped, and there is so little E17 documentation out there I have to figure it all out myself. If I could just fix these few issues I'd be so happy with e17.

dolphinsupernova

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 10:57    Post subject: New MacPup
Subject description: Problem with mouse

Hi,

I must say that this is a superb new release and is a joy to use. I lot of hard work must have gone into this new O2 release, thanks guys.

From a personal perspective I do have one slight issue though: I use a left-handed mouse and when I set the mouse to left-handed it stays that way UNTIL I either reboot or change the theme mid-session. I have tried this out on a full HDD install and on a pupsave via usb flashdrive and always it's the same; the mouse reverts to standard right-handed.

Can anyone shed any light on this or help with a fix?

Thanks,
Ade
P123

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 12:48    Post subject: Fonts  

I will try the grey theme with larger fonts later (& thank you for posting runtt21) but there is a problem with the link for fake brushed metal

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find e17-stuff.orgcontentshow.phpfake+brushed+metal"

But I love the black theme that is included - which of course does not change when I change the global fonts.
runtt21

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 19:25    Post subject:  

Try this:

http://e17-stuff.org/content/show.php/Fake+Brushed+Metal?content=88250
runtt21

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 19:37    Post subject:  

dolphinsupernova How did you set O2 to use a left handed mouse? Did you do it in the e17 settings panel? If so chick on the Wizard Wizard on the ibar and set it there.
runtt21

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 20:05    Post subject:  

joel I suggest downing a md5sum check on your download. Those theme worked fine in the build /test/download test rigs . Blue eye was missing the clock but most of the rest worked BUT remember these are some of the oldest e17 themes they are not going to support all of the stuff O2 has. They will run fine in macpup e17 cause that build of e17 is as old as dirt.

What start up screens did you try?

Remember O2's build of e17 is based on .061 that is the most stable version that works with puppy linux.That is why I went back to it.I still have the set of extra modules that go with this build but most of theme are not stable.The one's that are stable are included. If the module you want is new ,it wont work with o2.
grung.jpg
 Description   grunge in O2
 Filesize   26.48 KB
 Viewed   1502 Time(s)

grung.jpg

blueeye.jpg
 Description   Blue eye in O2
 Filesize   17.96 KB
 Viewed   1640 Time(s)

blueeye.jpg

nightbling.jpg
 Description   nightbling in O2
 Filesize   32.01 KB
 Viewed   1501 Time(s)

nightbling.jpg

omskates

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr 2010, 01:54    Post subject:  

runtt21 wrote:
I really think you have a bad download . I suggest downloading it again and reinstalling it.

Tried downloading with both puppy and another distro. Burned #2 with burn2iso, burned #3 with GnomeBaker. Used both mirrors.
Experiencing the same shutdown problem with all 3 attempts though only on this particular machine. Note: MacPup Foxy3.0 shuts down perfectly as does 431 and other puplets.
-Regards
songzi

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr 2010, 02:37    Post subject:  

omskates wrote:
runtt21 wrote:

Tried downloading with both puppy and another distro. Burned #2 with burn2iso, burned #3 with GnomeBaker. Used both mirrors.
Experiencing the same shutdown problem with all 3 attempts though only on this particular machine. Note: MacPup Foxy3.0 shuts down perfectly as does 431 and other puplets.
-Regards

Same problem here!!

I am using a 2GB USB stick for O2. It boots quite well and everything seems fine until I try to shutdown or reboot. The screen just went blackout. I need to force poweroff the notetbook and reboot. (I have tried to download and install the .iso two times. Still no luck. Did not see the "save file" window.)

Other Info.
Computer: Thnikpad x60 | xorg settings: 1024x768x24
USB format: FAT32
I used another puppy's "bootflash" function to install the .iso to the USB stick.
Page 2 of 19 [276 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 17, 18, 19 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: