Pwidgets Eyecandy

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
joel

#81 Post by joel »

and here is two clock skins I fiddled with. The cat one is a bit small but it works, and its just such a classic clock.
Attachments
Pocketwatch-Trans.png
(130.54 KiB) Downloaded 2666 times
cat.png
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 2591 times

tubeguy

fadebar

#82 Post by tubeguy »

I made a fadebar with transparency, works better for me, thought I would share.
Attachments
desktop011510.png
(127.63 KiB) Downloaded 1223 times
tubebar1.png
(573 Bytes) Downloaded 2680 times
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

kevin-dell1100

#83 Post by kevin-dell1100 »

Hi all, I recently upgraded my pwidgets to 2.2.3 and I like how things are looking on my desktop.

However, I have a problem: You mentioned putting new clock skins into the /root/.pwidgets/clock_skins (or whatever the exact directory was) or using the /root/.pwidgets/themes for templates to make one's own personalized sidebar, clock, calendar, etc. etc. The problem for me is that my /.pwidgets has only four directories: misc, profiles, temp, and widgets. When I click on the "Misc" folder, the only file is my current analog clock skin. The other folders have various things in them, but I don't see the list of skins I know are there because pwidgets allows me to choose and load them. Any suggestions of how to find these other clock skins or where to save new skins I like?

I really really like the pocket-watch skin posted by Joel! I plan to work on something similar, but need to figure out this above-mentioned problem first.

Thanks for any help!

01micko

#84 Post by 01micko »

Ahh kevin-dell1100,

The clock skin directory has moved since Pwidgets 2.2x, neglected to mention that.. sorry!

The directory you need now is /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/clock_skins.

Actually, I might even write a simple app to make installing clockskins super easy for Pwidgets.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

01micko

#85 Post by 01micko »

Ok I made it...

Pwidgets-Clockinstaller

It is a simple GUI to install any .png clock skin into Pwidgets. Just open the app , open a rox window where you saved the clock skin (doesn't matter where) and drag the clock skin to the box.. what could be simpler? There is a menu entry in Desktop or you can start from a command with "pwidgets-clockinstaller".

NOTE: Only supports Pwidgets-2.2X and later, if someone wants to hack it for older Pwidgets, be my guest. I do not plan to add features, someone might like to make a sidebar installer, the code would be very similar. I do not plan to support this app, unless there is a bug I missed somewhere.

Have fun!

Cheers
Attachments
pwidgets-clockinstaller-1.pet
(846 Bytes) Downloaded 1108 times
pwidgets-clockinstaller.png
(6.42 KiB) Downloaded 2570 times

kevin-dell1100

#86 Post by kevin-dell1100 »

01micko, thanks so much for the .pet file to install new clock skins! I mostly just wanted the pocketwatch, but we'll see if I choose other ones later.

I'd show you all my desktop, but I haven't figured out how to use my "print screen" button. Maybe need to configure something differently.

Anyway, you'll just have to take my word for it that my desktop is looking pretty awesome.

Thanks again!

01micko

#87 Post by 01micko »

check the menu.. Graphic>mtpaint snapshot

save your shot , resize to 600 wide and upload to forum, or leave big and post to your website (or another host) and link to it in "My Puppy is more gorgeous than yours" thread :wink: :lol:

Cheers

kevin-dell1100

#88 Post by kevin-dell1100 »

How do you make a transparent background for your clocks? For graphics-editing programs, I have: mtPaint and InkLite. Maybe there's a different application someone can suggest? Or am I missing something in these programs?

Also, how does one change the font for icons?

joel

#89 Post by joel »

Gimp is the program you need, it is basically a generic Adobe Photoshop. In there you can change the opacity under "Dialogs->Layers" theres a slider bar to do so, 80ish is usually a good setting.

And which icons do you mean? The ones on the desktop or in a window? Those are controlled by ROX-Filer, go into a window right click on the white, empty part and go to options. This has all the options for ROX-Filer there and then you can change all that stuff. I dont know if you can change the font though. I never tried.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

01micko

#90 Post by 01micko »

Hi guys

Here are some clocks I extracted from a KDE SuperKaramba clock package (SuperKaramba is the widget engine used in KDE3)

Personally, I think they need some tweaking in the Gimp. :wink:

Also added another I found and tweaked. (The clear one, looks good on dark background with white hands)
Attachments
Clock_trans.png
(16.44 KiB) Downloaded 2390 times
BlueClock.png
(13.97 KiB) Downloaded 2415 times
ModernClock.png
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 2389 times
ClassicClock.png
(19.56 KiB) Downloaded 2396 times
DebianClock.png
(31.01 KiB) Downloaded 2464 times

joel

#91 Post by joel »

I like them, nice 8)
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

UberNoob

Three Clock Faces

#92 Post by UberNoob »

Enjoy these everybody!
Attachments
Umineko_clock_face.png
Furries!
(35.67 KiB) Downloaded 1977 times
Industrial.png
Old, Rusty, Institutional
(37.37 KiB) Downloaded 2011 times
OlGrandad.png
Grandfather Face
(45.19 KiB) Downloaded 2118 times
Follow the misadventures of "Timmy and his new puppy"
[url]http://puppylinuxnoob.blogspot.com/[/url]
About My Puppy: 4.3.1 FULL on a DELL INSPIRON B130

dejan555

#93 Post by dejan555 »

Felt like putting back pwidgets on my desktop again and immidietly had to make a new clockskin :lol:

Another try of mine to make a darkish clock, plus I attach .xcf file, consider it a "source" :) you can easily make your own clockskin if you have any GIMP knowledge by tweaking colors/ modifying layers etc... Just change mode to rgb first. I did a quick green variant instead grayscale one, here are the skins:

XCF: black-smooth.png.xcf.gz
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

Flash858

Looking for a theme...

#94 Post by Flash858 »

Looking for the "Greyscale" theme for pwidgets that I believe debuted in Deep Thought. Anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks in advance!

8-bit

#95 Post by 8-bit »

If you have Pwidgets installed, and the Puppyname looks lame, here is something I did after checking /tmp/xerrs.log.

Open /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/scripts.
Copy "Puppylinux" to "PuppyName".

I did this in lucid 520 and instead of it showing "520" when I would select the Puppylinux widget, it now shows "Lucid Puppy 5.2.0".
So evidently the Pwidgets script is looking for "PuppyName" and that file does not exist.
By doing the fix I suggested, it now finds the script it is looking for and all works.

If this has been brought up before, I apologize for the interruption.

Flash858

2 Color themes

#96 Post by Flash858 »

Well, I answered my own question, and just created a couple of theme files that are close to the original greyscale theme. Just copy to text, and save in a folder with the filename "main" in usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/yournameoftheme. I just call these Greyscale, and Grey 2 respectively.

Code: Select all

#COLORS --- 0:headings 1:base-info 2:extra-info 3:markers 5:green 6:red
color0 333333
color1 FFFFFF
color2 EBEBEB
color3 222222
color5 FCFCFC
color6 C8C8C8

#CLOCK HANDS COLORS
color-hour=0/0/0/255
color-minute=0/0/0/255
For the Greyscale theme. and

Code: Select all

#COLORS --- 0:headings 1:base-info 2:extra-info 3:markers 5:green 6:red
color0 F2F2F2
color1 F0F0F0
color2 EBEBEB
color3 222222
color5 FCFCFC
color6 C8C8C8

#CLOCK HANDS COLORS
color-hour=0/0/0/255
color-minute=0/0/0/255
for the Grey2 theme. They are quite similar, the latter just has white lettering for some widgets. I wish I could contribute more, but I'm not a developer unfortunately...
Currently happily running Puppy Xenial 7.5 64-bit , and Ubuntu Mate 18.04 ... :D