Bluez 4.61 with GUI

Core libraries and systems
paulski

#21 Post by paulski »

I think its something new with Puppy 4.31 or with the 2.6.30.5 Kernel and newer.
I've tried all the pets on a clean install - no go.
I've also tried older sets of bluez obex etc. that I successfully used on older puppies (e.g 4.12) without any problems -albeit at the command line/script level.
Now none of those things work anymore.

Common to both approaches - I can scan and find Bluetooth devices via my USB dongle. Shows up fine in the bluetooth-wizard.
Connecting in any form goes bad and no notification goes through to the device to punch in a pin number.

Common errors at the command line show things like:
From passkey-agent "Can't get on system bus"
or others like rfcomm connect :"Can't connect RFCOMM socket: No route to host"
Or hcid "Unable to get on D-Bus"

Curious.....

Pro

#22 Post by Pro »

Hi jemimah,
You have a DEV part of GConf and GConf-dbus for compile bluez-gnome?
Please post it on forum.

jemimah

#23 Post by jemimah »

The dev pet can be downloaded here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 099#343099

cklammer

For which Puppy version is this post?

#24 Post by cklammer »

For which Puppy version is this post? Would this work on 4.10?

Just asking before I run waste time running against any walls ...

jemimah

#25 Post by jemimah »

I've only tested on 4.3. I'm doubtful about earlier versions, as the gtk version on 4.3 is even technically too old to run the gnome-bluetooth tools.

Something is screwy with the dbus install here too. I intend to take a look when I get a chance but I'm trying to get Puppeee to a releasable quality the moment and it's pretty much taking all my time.

Volodya

#26 Post by Volodya »

Hi!

I just wanted to thank the guy who put all this together.

I report these bluetooth dongles to be working:

ISSCEDRBTA 0x1131:0x1004 and
0xa12:0×1

Both generics

Worked fine for sending files from the computer to the telephone (not for receiving).

The computer is shown in the telephone's list for sending, but when I press send I get "sending failed".

Should I add the telephone's mac address to some kind of list for enabling the computer to receive files? Which one is the shared directory if I want to access to the computer from the telephone? Where to set it?

Thank you guys, you rock!
[quote]"The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas"

Karl Marx[/quote]

pabloA

#27 Post by pabloA »

Volodya.

Have you tried running this in a console -

obexfs -b [phone mac] ~/bluetooth-share

aarf

#28 Post by aarf »

pabloA wrote:Volodya.

Have you tried running this in a console -

obexfs -b [phone mac] ~/bluetooth-share
success in a slow fashion. :shock:
clicked bluetooth analyser in menu>network not much able to be done there.

then in terminal did

Code: Select all

# bluetooth-browse
which after a while popped-up a rox window with a folder with what looked like a mac address for a name
so did

Code: Select all

# obexfs -b 00:27:F8:D6:93:F0 /root/bluetooth-share
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
# 
where 00:27:F8:D6:93:F0 is [phone mac]

(then at this point here i connected my usb cable to my phone because i though failure had occurred)

after a longish time and then more longish time for the folder
/root/bluetooth-share/phone memory
to be fully populated i was able to copy things slowly from my phone to my eeepc for the first time. :)
not sure yet which are the needed steps. above

linuxgnuru

bluetooth / rfcomm option?

#29 Post by linuxgnuru »

In Fedora 14, I have tangoGPS working just fine using bluetooth rfcomm with my Nokia E75 phone's GPS, just wondered how to get the bluetooth rfcomm working under puppy and if this tango will be able to use serial ports not just usb?

jemimah

#30 Post by jemimah »

Fluppy011 comes with both bluetooth and tango. Probably it's easiest to start there.

gary101

#31 Post by gary101 »

Hi jemimah

Thanks for your work on this. I have long thought that the dbus and bluetooth infrastructure is a serious lack in puppy, especially with more and more devices and uses becoming available.

It seems the main problem is dbus and getting it to play nicely. I have had some serious trouble getting your script to run consistantly and have to manually kill processes and rerun the script to get dbus working.

I have found however that moving the script from startup and starting it manually from elsewhere seems to start the gui with no problems.

The only errors I now get are about missing conf files in /usr/etc/bluetooth, these are:
serial.conf
audio.conf
input.conf
network.conf

I have not looked into these to deeply but think I understand, with perhaps the exception of serial.conf, what services they configure. I have copied an audio.conf I found on the web so I can have a look at the options for it.

Personally the reason I want to get bluetooth working is to have a wireless headset set up for skype, but I cannot seem to find the btsco compiled for 413 kernel 2.6.30.5
If anyone has this compiled I would be really grateful.

Anyway, I will do some work on the missing config files and report if I have any success.

All the best

Gary
If it's not one thing it's your mother

jemimah

#32 Post by jemimah »

Your documentation seems out of date. Unfortunately the bluez wiki seems to be MIA for quite some time now. You need to do something more like this: http://wiki.zenwalk.org/index.php?title ... th_headset

I still recommend using fluppy for the newer bluez (and working dbus). Bluez releases loads of bugfixes every couple weeks, so the newer the version, the better.

Plus I don't support running this version at all - it never really worked and I don't have much motivation to mess with it.

jakfish

Updated obexd--0.38

#33 Post by jakfish »

For those of you who love the struggles of bluetooth in linux, I'm attaching both a pet and the actual directories/files of obexd 0.38, which is a considerable step up from 0.21.

With 0.21, I was unable to send files back-and-forth to my WinMo phone.

But 0.38 works with Puppeee 4.31 and an HTC Touch Pro 2 phone, with a custom 6.53 ROM.

This is my first compilation and jemimah was the driving force--she helped me in every way and any success of this is hers.

I think the pet works, but it was my first, too. So less-intrepid users could just copy over the files to their appropriate directories.

I'm posting it in this thread since my working bluetooth uses the pets that jemimah supplies on page one.

Jake
Attachments
obexd-0.38.pet
(134.68 KiB) Downloaded 827 times
obexd-0.zip
(136.41 KiB) Downloaded 702 times

Whitesnow

Headset configuration files: where to put instructions?

#34 Post by Whitesnow »

jemimah wrote:[CUT] You need to do something more like this: http://wiki.zenwalk.org/index.php?title ... th_headset
No asound* files on Puppy (but *state one in /etc), where to put headset instructions wrote on that site?

I'm on the latest Puppy with Twinkle as softphone and a Nokia HS-26W headset.

Please, help...
[b][i][color=darkred][size=134]*.* Snow *.*[/size][/color][/i][/b] :wink: